ITT:

Bands/Artists that have never made a single bad record.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=4BKtB_rinh0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Godspeed You! Black Emperor

Talking Heads
MF DOOM

Crosby Stills and Nash
Michelle Jackson (yes, female name intentional, what a faggot I'm glad he's dead)
Yes
QOTSA

kingston wall, easy to do when your lead singer commits suicide 3 albums in

kek I was going to try and work that angle with Nirvana but decided not to.

I see your 3 albums and raise you just 1

depeche mode
x japan

a classic example
great album foreal though

Jai Paul

>Yes
kek

They may not be your cup of tea but they were consistent. In the same vain, the Grateful Dead never had a bad album, even if it's music I find miserable to listen to. Oooh, SRV fits the bill too.

Goddammit I hate it when Deftones gets posted because I can never figure out how the fuck I want to rate the albums. It's seriously difficult for me because I like them all so much. Not going to rate based on popularity here or what was influential, just what I think is objectively the best up to now.

1. Diamond Eyes
2. White Pony
3. Saturday Night Wrist
4. Around the Fur
5. Koi No Yokan
6. Self-Titled
7. Gore
8. Adrenaline

Abe Cunningham is the most underrated drummer.

it's just BACK TO SCHOOEEEELLLLLLLL WEEEEE ARE THE LLEEEEEEAdEEEEERRRRASSS

The only song on White Pony I don't like is back to school, even Chino doesn't like it.

"This bitter attack on school cliques was recorded, according to singer Chino Moreno, when the Deftones' record company requested a hit for White Pony that would compete in the nu-metal market. The band reluctantly reworked that album's closer "Pink Maggit" and White Pony was then re-released with "Back to School" in a contentious move by the label. "I thought, I'm gonna show those f---ers how easy it is to create a hit," said Chino. "And so I rapped a hip-hop part on that song, we shortened it and half an hour later, the hit-single was ready to roll on."

Pink Maggit was the original version of the song as is a million times better.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=4BKtB_rinh0

Every album Grateful Dead has ever released is objectively bad.

dear and the headlights

Mr. Bungle

Joy Division

See

I love every album they released

What the fuck did you say about Jerry Garcia?

Justice
Breakbot

FUCKING DEATH GRIPS YUH

Tame Impala

based albini

The National

Nick Cave, obviously, and that, considering he made more than ten, is an impressive feat.

>What is Nocturama

At first I didn't like their second album, but recently it grew on me a bit too much

We don't talk about Nocturama.

Good thing you didn't because Nirvana is shit

Grimes, Sublime, Angel Olsen, The xx, Joy Division, King Krule, Portishead, Talking Heads, Run The Jewels

Some of these don't even have large discographies but I'd rather have an artist who has just a few releases with 100% quality rather than an artist with like 20 albums of which only 6 are good.

eh I don't know if I'd call it bad but its certainly not good.

I'll go with this

Grimes. Not even one bad record.

[spoiler]Tool[/spoiler]

>Kicking Against the Pricks

Ende Neu was a bit weak compared to others but I agree that none of them were bad

lungs ep is 75% garbage

fuck off square

This post intentionally left blank.

white lung

>Yes
Listen to Heaven & Earth, then go off yourself
kys

Real answers:

The Mars Volta
The Dear Hunter
Alcest
Mastodon
Shpongle
The Ocean

Ineffable mysteries from shpongleland was a fucking chore to listen. Maybe because it sounds like more of the same

The Boys' Republic should have been included instead :/

>kanye

boris

>the Mars Volta

kek

KEK

they have like 300 albums and 200 of them suck

I liked Ende Neu

You should sleep and never wake up.

Bottomless Pit is pretty bad

Gas yourself

Katatonia
Anathema
Paradise Lost

All of them have hit the 10 album mark, with Paradise Lost sitting at 14.

Elliott Smith never made a bad record. Even the album of outtakes that was published after he killed himself is 7.5/10.

Rush has never produced anything objectively bad, only great and less great but still good

Jack Senff

Love (/w Arthur Lee)

>Bottomless Pit is pretty bad
Le edgy user hates a good album just because everyone else loves it.

>TMV
>Boris
Not even fans of these bands believe this

Good choice. New Moon is a goddamn amazing record, even better than Figure 8 (which is also good but def his weakest).

If Dreamworks gave half as much of a shit about his music as KRS does maybe we could get an album of all the best outtakes from the XO/F8 sessions but ofc that'll never happen

Animal Collective

Spoilers don't work on Sup Forums. You're correct, though.

LCD Soundsystem
Aphex Twin
Autechre

Everything Josh Homme.

kek Naked and True Stories. Id also throw Little Creatures in there for being so boring

WITH UH TEETH UH. Pretty Hate Machine is unlistenable nowadays btw

board of canada

>bottomless pit
>good

i kinda agree
everything they made is mediocre

Kate Bush
Fleet Foxes
Siouxsie and the Banshees
Gorguts
Unwound
Big Black
Talking Heads

Dead Can Dance
Porcupine Tree

itt everyone just posts their favorite band regardless of how many bad albums they have

>Grimes
>Angel Olsen
>King Krule
>Run the Jewels

You don't belong here

>Unwound
Self-titled album is super weak considering Fake Train came out right after

>Big Black
>Talking Heads
Read the thread

Pretty Hate Machine is still good.

With_Teeth has a lot of stand-out tracks, I even like the title track, the "quiet" part may be too quiet, but it is so sensetive and honest that it personally touches me, the underseved hate With_Teeth got was because it was a follow-up to The Fragile with years of waiting.

But overall With_Teeth to me has no single bad track, it is just perhaps his most accesible release ever, but in my eyes that does not make it bad or downright "unlistenable"

Pretty Hate Machine is kind of dated but it is still extremelly catchy and when it shines it still goes in hard,, at its best Pretty Hate Machine is
>Head Like A Hole
>Terrible Lie
>Down In It
>Sometihing I Can Never Have
>Sin
>The Only Time

At its worst Pretty Hate Machine is
>That's What I Get

But I don't think one bad track can ruin an entire album which other than that has a consistant quality.

I don't think it was bad though. As a standalone it's decent, and then Fake Train is my favorite Unwound and one of my favorite albums of all time so it's kind of unfair to compare the two
>read the thread
>post bands/artists without a single bad record
???

Alice in Chains
Dinosaur Jr
Real Estate
J Mascis (as solo artist)
American Football
Superheaven
Wavves
Basement

Mount Eerie.

Yea

Bjork. Volta is considered her worst yeah but I wouldn't call it bad.

They're definitely the two closest Unwound albums style-wise, it's not unfair at all. But I'll admit that it's just underwhelming and not really bad.

If you read the thread you'd see where people pointed out that True Stories, Naked and the Lungs EP are all trash

I love boris to death and I think their discography is 50/50

This is true. The only bands that never put out a bad album are bands that only put out a small number of them before breaking up.

Joy Division and This Heat are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Pixies would be one, if Indie Cindy wouldn't have come out of nowhere and shat on them

ignore that last quote

Volta is super underrated, I personally love it.

Jeff Buckley.

But Head Carrier was pretty bland, the only song that really stuck on my head was Tenement Song.

he fits perfectly here, that's the sad point

Government Plates, while not bad, isn't as good as the rest of their discography, but I pretty much agree. They haven't made a bad album yet.

TFW no friends to get high and listen to Grateful Dead with

Grimes has no bad albums. FACT.

Nick Drake...

go back to >>>/reddit/ where you belong

>they

Metallica