>edgy music for school shooters
the first track is cool though

it's like an inferior and boring 'mr selfdestruct'

>i wont let you fall apart
>music for school shooters
lmao, only the first 3 NIN albums fit the description

i like the fragile artwork

worst nin album due to sheer length and lack of pay off
it's so halfassed like it wanted to be partially TDS, partially With_Teeth and partially Ghosts

It was an honest look into Reznor's clinical depression and the shit after shit that just piled onto him after TDS was done (Worsening addiction, destruction of his relationship with Tori Amos at the hands of Courtney Love, the death of the grandmother who raised him, the pressure to keep producing TDS over and over again by his fans)

Reznor said fuck that, locked himself away and put out an a de4eply personal album that was mocked on its release and took years before it was appreciated, especially after he got clean and sober and started talking about the horrifying frame of mind he was in at the time.

youtube.com/watch?v=rIsAazPVnFQ

A lot of artists in his position would have fucking died. He managed to make it out alive.

i dont care about his fucking depression
i want to hear quality music, just because he tells his life story doesnt redeem the shitty quality of material he put

that guy should release a "best of" compilation with all the great songs he's released since 1998.what a decent 4-track EP that would be.

I think The Fragile is fantastic from start to finish with some mediocrity on Right. But final tracks make up for it. Left is god tier

>from start to finish
>1 hour 50 minutes of boredom sprinkled with moments of past genius

cool bro, seems like you dont need much to satisfy you - that's the problem with the whole Sup Forums, you judge the album for nostalgia and its status not for the actual quality of the material

>nostalgia
I have no nostalgia for the fragile. Fragile's left excels at every corner. Offering more diversity than TDS. Filled with surprises and every track fades into next creating a seemless listening experience. Trent´s focus on mostly instrumentals showcases his production skills. The Day The World Went Away is mind blowing. The Wretched may be his most aggressive track. Just Like You imagined is his best instrumental track. La Mer and The Great Below may be best songs Trent ever wrote.

Right stumbles. Where Is Everybody and Starfuckers are really weak tracks. The Mark Has Been Made is a really good instrumental track. Please is forgettable. Right is saved by strong two opening tracks and its great last three tracks ending the album wonderfully.

I genuinely like it. It is flawed but what it offers is amazing.

I always loved this album and thought TDS was rubbish, I had no idea it was considered shit until today.

Sup Forums confirmed plebs pretending to be elitists

Sup Forums is not one person

says you

>want went right
literally nobody answered the question, because it's invalid

>Posters still only 5
Nice try samefag

New EP is Broken 2.0

Suck on that industrial lightweights

New EP is a brand new sound. It's awesome in its own right. But Broken was much more straight forward and focused. NTAE has more variety but is not pure guitar ridden rage Broken is known and loved for. It does give me shit ton of hype for the new release

says you

fragile she doesnt know her beatuy

Broken was avgressive and sexy. The new ep is completely forgettable. Trent should stick to soundtrack work. His NIN projects since With Teeth have been fucking awful. The Slip had a few good moments too. Satellite was the only good song on Hesitation Marks.

PHM - solid dance album with memorable tracks
Broken - energetic but edgy over the top buzzing manifesto of teenage angst, memorable but poor
TDS - magnus opus, first half is the best piece of NIN music created, coherent and cinematic
Fragile - forgettable, boring, too lengthy, has none of advantages of the previous albums, some interesting compositions that pale in comparsion with the previous works - nobody can name more than one quality song from this LP is nuff said
post-Fragile - no comment

>Satellite was the only good song on Hesitation Marks.
I Would For You, In Two, Various Methods of Escape, While I'm Still Here are far better than Satellite.

> nobody can name more than one quality song from this LP is nuff said
Somewhat Damaged
The Day The World Went Away
The Wretched
La Mer
The Great Below
Just Like You Imagined
The Big Come Down
Ripe With Decay
¨

Hold on, is this bait? This is bait isn't it. Especially considering that you think that the first half of TDS is better than the second one.

Not much, honestly.

kek

The Fragile could definitely have been a good album if it weren't so goddamn long, it's difficult to digest.

Condensing it could have put it on par with TDS.

I always listen to the first disc, take a break and then the second one after sometime. Left and Right have quite difference in tone, they might as well be different albums all together, imho.

>Ending of first disc is alreadly 54:57 long
Disc 1 could have been an entire album in an itself

I never really understood the length complaints. Just don't listen to the songs you dislike. There's at least one album worth of great songs spread across the two parts.

Reznor could definitely have just put up the first disc as The Fragile and releasing disc 2 later as bonus material.

The Downward Spiral was like 65 minutes and The Fragile all together is like 40 minutes longer than that. Each disc of TF is basically its own fucking album.

I've been a casual Trent Reznor fan for the past few years (The Social Network, a few singles) but only recently started listening to his discography. So far I think The Fragile is easily his best Nine Inch Nails work. I was honestly pretty disappointed with The Downward Spiral after hearing so much about it.

I think Trent excels at the production aspect of music making. He has a unique voice, but some of his lyrics are just cringey. There are some high highs though....

The fact that it's his best album

It's the best NiN album.

All patricians know this. Plebs get fucked.

>"The combinations of Trent's wanting to open up the creative process to contributions with the setting up of the facility in such a way that it would make a smooth process really enabled the collaboration to take place," Charlie relates. "It meant that he didn't have to stop the work on what he was doing in Studio A in order for me and Danny to spend a week fiddling with synthesizers and guitar sounds and stuff, and of course downstairs Trent is doing the same thing. He'd be spending days fiddling with different guitar sounds, learning to play a cello, and all that kind of stuff. At the same time we didn't have to sit around with our arms folded. We could be upstairs in our rooms working endlessly on one little nugget of a sound that would turn into an intro of a song or something. If it hadn't been for the studio setup, I don't think the level of collaboration would have been as high on this record."

bring charlie and danny back, trent

>Please is forgettable
jesus christ

Shit shit I'm sorry. "Please" was the track I avoided the most for some fucking reason, I am on a marathon of The Fragile today and I was surprised how good that track was. I was probably biased since StarFuckers follows right after it.

I will always have the same opinion on Starfuckers though.