Saw this, it wasn't bad. It is beyond me how people think this is "unique" or "fresh"

Why? Cause it has an R rating or because it broke some walls? Is this a joke? The story and screenplay is incredibly uninspired and bland just as much if not more than an MCU movie. The movie probably won't hold up incredibly well after a couple of years. Can't imagine being anywhere near as entertained on a 2nd viewing.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7Yf5WvNoM6w
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypoxia_(medical)#Physiological_compensation
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I went into this movie already not liking neo-Dead Pool. The movie managed to capture that feeling.

I guess I can't say the movie was bad, I already knew what it was going to be. Le Reddit Random movie with Kill Bill style gore. I already knew it was going to be this once they announced they were going to do the movie.

>hey you know this movie you all like?
>it SUCKS!!
>haha yea, this popular movie? ITS SHIT!!
Reminder to sage these threads.

It's basically superhero Scary Movie, but with an actual plot and characters.

friendly reminder that the oxygen torture used in the film wouldn't actually work.

you actually feel shortness of breath and discomfort from an excess of carbon dioxide in your bloodstream.

your body has no physiological response to a low oxygen environment. if the oxygen level in the room you're in right now you wouldn't notice a thing, you would just pass out eventually and die.

Literally said it didn't suck. I wish plebs would stop using the internet.

Best movie of 2016. hella fucking epic.

Actually yeah pretty much. If you expect an amazi g cinematic experience you will be let down, and rightly so for expecting anything other than vulgar jokes and violence. I loved it, but I went to see it expecting exactly what it was, simple entertainment.

Friendly reminder that X-Men aren't real.

Also oxygen isn't flammable, and the tube he blew up would have contained low-oxygen air, just enough to keep him from dying, not pure oxygen.

Yeah I agree. Only I just caught it online and thought it was ok

I don't really think it deserved the R rating
I'm not sure if America has any ratings between PG and R but here in Australia it only got a MA15+ rating which seems a little more fitting than an R

Friendly reminder that cutting your own hand off while being captured by a metalman is extremely painful and it won't grow back.

This. What the fuck is the point of these threads? You're opinion didn't match the consensus? How inconceivable.

>I'm not sure if America has any ratings between PG and R
Its called PG13. But there is full frontal nudity, you see dong, and they say fuck a bunch. Any one of those is enough to ensure an R rating from the MPAA.

Not unless you had a regeneration super power, which Deadpool had

There's such thing as internal logic of the story's world that we accept (wizards are real in this story, etc.), vs stuff that they don't say is any different from the real world but then it happens differently

Was the tube also a vacuum, or no?

Another plebian that can't read.

Saw it and thought it was alright 6/10

>Can't imagine being anywhere near as entertained on a 2nd viewing.
Exactly this. I thought I was the only one.

Definitely don't feel like watching this a second time

Because it feels like an MCU movie

R-rated. But sill the qualities of the MCU

>actual plot
>characters
You're a delusional guy
inb4 .jpg

HE is not my friend

The movie had some entertaining characters and a few lines which actually made me laugh. Made for a fun watch. There's plenty of annoying stuff in it too, but I don't care because I'm not going to watch it again.

For me it basically fulfilled what these other Marvel movies didn't - it was fun. That is, fun to watch on a night out with friends or with my gf. As a film, it's nothing. Just another prolonged advertisement, like all superhero movies these days. Nobody liked the film because they earnestly thought it was breaking the form or pushing the medium forward, you autistic fuck.

It's not the worse movie for a cape movie. Basically the ol' "gotta save the tied girlfriend on the train tracks" but like on steroids, coke and a redbull

This movie won't make any sense in a decade or two.

All those "hastag instagram tweeting" buzzword jokes will devalue the movie year by year.

That's what the remake is for, goy ;)

All that matters is pleasing the current generation of brain dead moviegoers long enough to break records on opening weekend

Then they'll repeat it with the next generation

>hero gets the girl in the end

Made no fucking sense

>Friend keeps asking me why the hell does he have swords
It's like he didn't watch the movie, because he keeps forgetting his bag full or arms.

>Neo-Deadpool
I wish people would stop pretendimg they read comics.
This version was as close as it gets to the seminal Kelly run. What Deadpool do you like, Liefeld's?

Found the DCfaggot

I liked it. I guess that makes me a pleb.

Why? It's a parody (sort of) of cape movies. Why wouldn't the hero get the girl?
Besides it's all so she can die in the sequel.

>parody
there was a lot of subverting tropes and that was very cliche

> you all like

Does all only encompass plebs ? Because pretty sure every patrician disliked this capeshit

Anyway this board only use is to destroy well liked movie and praise hated movie

Or else what would it be

> i liked this movie
> yeah me too
> yeah me too i laughed very hard when he fart
> oh yeah me too

Great discussion my friend

honestly the best capeshit movie to date. better than every x-man that's for sure, iron-man 1 and america man 1 are somewhere equal.

Vanessa was perfect cast.

It was funny, had some cool moments, and showed R rated movies can still work in a world where every action movie gets toned down to PG-13 to maximise shekels.

It was never meant to be a deep movie that said something fresh and thoughtful. Anybody who went into it looking for that is a moron

>Because pretty sure every patrician disliked this capeshit

Cringed pretty hard. Anybody who unironically types stuff like this has nothing worthwhile to say and is just trying to "fit in" to feel superior to "normies"

Well yeah but you can't subvert every trope, that doesn't work.
In fact a lot of Deadpool is playing tropes straight and hanging lampshades over them.
It's like in Not Another Teen Movie, Freddie Evans Jr. gets the girl.

I fucking swear half the people can't read in this thread. OP liked the movie. Is talking about why people though it was different or unique.

This.
Not like Deadpool have ever been anything but Lol so randum xD reddit humor.

Here's what it did uniquely (at least compared to most modern cape movies): it was a writer/director/actor's movie, not a producer's movie.
They went ahead and made exactly the product they've wanted to make for years (see: leaked script from 2010), and you can tell. It's made with love and isn't affraid of being what it aims to be.
Only other capeflick where that happened recently was MoS, and that's only because the executive meddling *failed* (Nolan not giving much of a fuck), not because they left them alone.

Like the content or not, at least it's an earnest movie, and that's pretty rare for a cape movie.

Deadpool is about 10 years older than reddit user.
You can't just shove that buzzword everywhere.

Dude, even old school Spider-man's jokes are considered by fags reddit tier, this is revisionism level bullshit

>reddit humor
>look at me Sup Forums I am one of you

>Also oxygen isn't flammable

Are you seriously this retarded?

youtube.com/watch?v=7Yf5WvNoM6w

>tfw no Deadpool movie where Deadpool fights the X-Men Origins version of Deadpool
I enjoyed it. I thought the third act needed a lot of work because it was totally lacklustre but I guess it's entirely the movies fault because we go into superhero movies expecting a huge spectacle or whatever and Deadpool just didn't have the budget for that.

I definitely prefered it to the Disney capeshit. I also liked that the scope of the plot was comparably small, no save the world/destroy an entire city while doing it bullshit.

when youu've only got 50 million to work with a more personal story is warranted

>This version was as close as it gets to the seminal Kelly run

Don't make me laugh dude, if anything this was more Daniel Way than anything else. They made Wade already a kooky mercenary who cracked a thousand jokes per minute BEFORE he became Deadpool. Literally nothing changed in him after the mutation. It was if Peter Parker was already a jacked nerd who had a great sense of humor before being bit by the spider.

Kelly's Deadpool quipped a lot but he also had the shortest fuse (hitting Blind Al and Weasel and locking Blind Al in his torture room, etc) and literally broke down and cried under the pressure of being a hero sometimes. It's a completely different character. This was a dumbed down movie just for laughs with a predictable as fuck plot, which is fine, but don't ever try to pretend it's even remotely close to Kelly's.

I was one of the few people who found it fresh and unique.

Because unlike every other superhero film out there it actually had a passable, professional script.

I chalk this entirely up to the fact that they realized they only had 50 million dollars and as such had to fall back on that old crutch; Well written scripts with strong characters and storytelling.

Note: I'm not even saying it's GOOD. It's just that for the last 10-15 years action movies have been so unremittingly shit that anything that's even remotely better than bad seems quite amazing.

This sort of writing would be standard for dumb action movies in the 80's and 90's.

Now we have films like The Avengers which is 2 hours of shitty sitcom quips with mind numbingly boring and horribly directed CGI laden destruction scenes.

I wonder if they played off having an incredibly generic story structure as parody of capeshit. Even though it was worse in the story aspect.

>There are people on Sup Forums RIGHT NOW who enjoyed Deadpool.
Just nuke this place already.

Oxygen itself does not burn, asshole.

> It was if Peter Parker was already a jacked nerd who had a great sense of humor before being bit by the spider.
Pretty sure Pete doesn't have the proportinal sense of humor of a spider anyway.
Who cares about pre-DP Wade, his origin is the most disposable part of his story.

>Kelly's Deadpool quipped a lot but he also had the shortest fuse (hitting Blind Al and Weasel and locking Blind Al in his torture room, etc) and literally broke down and cried under the pressure of being a hero sometimes.
That's fair, but not in the first few issues, they were mostly stupid fun.

>don't ever try to pretend it's even remotely close to Kelly's.
Ït's extremely close, it just lacks the more tragic aspects, that are really more of a Duggan thing, and I fully expect to see more of that in the sequel.

That's kind of what parodies do in general.
You don't change basic genre plot structure, you change the way the beats are played.

There were people at the time saying it was better than Force Awakens. Don't see any hype for Deadpool 2 though.

>Pretty sure Pete doesn't have the proportinal sense of humor of a spider anyway.

The change in personality is probably the hugest part about the transformation. Just like Peter gains confidence, Wade becomes a bit insane from the constant pain he's feeling.

>Who cares about pre-DP Wade, his origin is the most disposable part of his story.

They spend like 1 hour on his origin story before the final fight.

>they were mostly stupid fun

Issue 8 right here.

> it just lacks the more tragic aspects, that are really more of a Duggan thing

Wrong again, Kelly made that character from beginning to end, the closing saga is literally just one big emotional journey for him.

Don't call people out on not reading comics if you're gonna be blatantly wrong like that.

>Sup Forums worships over-rated movies like LOTR and Mad Max Fury Road

>Sup Forums think good creative movies like Deadpool are bad

top kek

I think you are full of bullshit until you demonstrate your point for us.

>h-his opinion doesn't match m-my opinion!!! Better close my eyes and remind myself that if it's popular it can't be bad :^)

What could you have possibly liked about this movie? If the MC was named Johnson instead another popular wacky cape guy I doubt you'd even remember the seeing it after a month.

Look mommy im baiting :)

>The change in personality is probably the hugest part about the transformation. Just like Peter gains confidence, Wade becomes a bit insane from the constant pain he's feeling.
Peter gains confidence partly by putting on a mask, it's not really part of his superpowers, it's part of his superhero persona. But I see your point.
Wade could definitely become more insane than in this movie.

>They spend like 1 hour on his origin story before the final fight.
Yes, it's disposable, as in you can replace it. You still need an origin to introduce audiences because that's how those adaptations work. What they did though is, as you said, make him have the Deadpool "kookiness" before transformation. I honestly can take it or leave it.

>Issue 8 right here.
This movie was like 2-3 issues worth of shit, tops.

>Wrong again, Kelly made that character from beginning to end, the closing saga is literally just one big emotional journey for him.
... and Duggan's run was even more on the emotional side.
Not sure how I'm wrong when I literally just said it lacks the tragic aspects of Kelly's run.

Awww did we hurt the little embryos feelings?

>Peter gains confidence partly by putting on a mask

Him being bit signifies a change in his entire life, he also gains confidence socially and gets a gf and friends. Of course I'm talking about the comics and not the Raimi movies where he was a whiny loser, but he even went to parties with people in the comics while dating Gwen. It changes him completely.

>I honestly can take it or leave it.

It was too much of Ryan Reynolds being Ryan Reynolds. I also didn't understand why they chose to structure the movie that way. It could've just started with he was an ex special ops, got cancer, went to Weapon X, got tortured and then showing him become increasingly insane. It would even have used the R rating better.

>Not sure how I'm wrong when I literally just said it lacks the tragic aspects of Kelly's run.

Because you said it was "as close as it gets" and it has literally nothing in common with the character, even his lines are different. You can tell who writes Deadpool by the way he speaks alone. And the movie is pretty much one big joke, he's getting tortured and joking away. There's not an ounce of seriousness. In all of Kelly's stories there was an underlying theme of insecurity and uncertainty and just pure inability to be a hero the way everyone wanted him to.

I understand the direction they went, but I think there is much, much more to the character. Now if they introduce those things later on it'll just seem jarring.

I would say the main difference from a MCU movie is that it wasn't trying to portrait itself as anything besides "uninspired and bland"...the objective was delivering jokes, everything else was just a connection

I really admire it sincerity in the intellectualoid world we live

Disagree. I don't use any of those social media things and still found it funny, the joke was that he was acting like a normie while murdering people, not some clever reference to an in-joke about those particular programs or websites. And they use hashtags on the news these days, it's not going to date Deadpool any more than anything else produced this decade.

I just saw it yesterday. I'm a fan of the Joe Kelly run, but that's about it.

I liked it. I think there are scenes that are way too obnoxious (the bridge scene with Colossus was the worst scene in the movie), and there was swearing that you could tell existed only because there was no joke there. In fact, the entire idea of Colossus wanting Deadpool to join the X-Men was a bit stupid.

However, the action scenes were fantastic, some of the reference humor was surprisingly well done, the romance story was surprisingly well handled, TJ Miller was great in his supporting role, and Ed Skein was a phenomenal villain who stole his scenes.

Overall I liked it, certainly one of the best X-Men movies, but it definitely had glaring flaws.

you're mostly right but i'm going to have to pull you up on a technicality here

>your body has no physiological response to a low oxygen environment
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypoxia_(medical)#Physiological_compensation

>>tfw no Deadpool movie where Deadpool fights the X-Men Origins version of Deadpool
There'd be no contest though, the version with laser vision and teleportation who was also a highly trained soldier and can recover from decapitation in minutes would wipe the floor with the baby-handed slacker version.

It wasn't a bad movie, but I wouldn't want to watch it a second time.