Mel Gibson On Why He Turned Down Playing Odin in ‘Thor’

>“Some are good. Some are kind of funny … Guardians of the Galaxy. Or the first Iron Man. And some of them are just like retreats. I mean you can watch them do Spider-Man five times…”
>Then Gibson’s remarks turned to the state of cinema in general:
>“There is a slight shift in film. But, then again, I think all films are suffering from people not being able to now open them with their name. It’s a different kind of business these days…I think you used to get more variety of stories, films and performances. You had more of a chance of a profound film experience. But that’s not gone. I think that has been relegated to the independent world – but they have to do it twice as fast for half the money.”
slashfilm.com/mel-gibson-turned-down-thor/

Just think of all the capeshit plens that would love him now.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=_AAJuynxnTQ
youtube.com/watch?v=IazA9PUecyQ
youtube.com/watch?v=G-YfnxFQkkE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

As usual Mel says nothing but truth. How can anyone hate this guy? I mean unless they're a hook nosed Christ killer.

It's true. The mid-budget risky film is all but dead in American cinema.

goddamn young Mel is so fucking hot

And some of the best films ever made fall in this category. The Matrix springs immediately to mind.

oi

Speaking nothing but truth.
Disney execs on suicide watch.

The Wachowskis had everything planned out by the time they started doing the first movie. Yes, this also includes the video game.

Mel is based

Well fuck him then

Marvelcuck on Suicide Watch

There are five Spider-Man's but only two of them are good or worth watching. I like Spider-Man and anticipate more content of his.

luckily, we still have malick

JUST BE IN MORE MOVIES MEL

*cries*

remember when mel was on letterman and rode a horse into the studio then tore off his pants

Wait, Mel Gibson turned down Odin before they cast BRIAN BLESSED who then got the role snatched away from him by Hopkins?

How the fuck was there so much contest for the supporting role in a Marvel movie that wasn't even a big deal back then?

>mel gibson helped that kike get his career back together after his drug problem
>he doesn't return the favour by getting him a starring capeshit role

What a piece of shit.

Even their transition?

wtf i hate mel gibson now

>ywn see Mel as Old Man Logan

Good. That racist anti-semitic asshole doesn't deserve any more roles.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=_AAJuynxnTQ

wtf letterman used to be funny?

youtube.com/watch?v=IazA9PUecyQ

Then why were the sequels shit?

I think if anyone tries to take Wolverine away from Huge Actman, he'll literally murder them in their own home.

It's like fucking Red Dragon or some shit, he wants to ascent, become the Wolverine.

>Not liking based Mel

>Marvelets ITT hating on based Mel
We Reddit now

Hasn't he said that W3 will be his last? He has been doing it for 16 years. He is tired of it.

Manchild.

based mel

Kek, maybe if this was the 80s. When everyone's a manchild no one is.

>asks forgiveness
He's making snarky comments about him in front of the Hollyjew elite

And honestly I'm a bit tired of HJ as Wolverine. Time for some new blood. And I want my yellow Wolverine costume. Fuck the naysayers.

I am a hook-nosed, Christkilling Hebe and I can't hate the guy. The woman-hatey domestic life and the racism are his personal business, but the guy is Hollywood gold.

>he thinks everybody cares about capeshit

literally just niggaboos and nu males

He's also said he wants Mel to direct Iron Man 4

based

Thor in oven

That's the kind of reasoned, sensible comment that isn't possible today with the lizard Jews running the world.

The majority of this board loves capeshit. When Spider-Man was in the Captain America trailer there was literally 30 threads at one time all posting the same reveal picture of him. Not making this up. Only because of it's overwhelming popularity is there people such as yourself.

I still want him as Cabel.

>you will never see RDJ and based Mel in a talkshow together promoting a movie

youtube.com/watch?v=G-YfnxFQkkE

Jew here. Mel is based.

Get out.

RDJ looks like a fake person.

Conforming to what you perceive the majority opinion on a cantonese tapestry weaving chatroom to be is the height of retardation m'lad.

Are you 15?

I preceived you saying "everybody" as everyone here. They are also some of the most popular movies in all of existence, you cant deny the box office records too. Unless you're 15.

Air America is such a fucking weird movie. It's like 3 movies in 1 without much cohesion or direction. Most of the time they're just hanging out at an airfield. It's strangely comfy.

Manchildren BTFO

MCUcks strapped to the bed on literal suicide watch

how can one man be so based?

i really don't get the hate for spiderman 3. sure its not as good as the first 2 but its not inherently bad as everyone thinks it is

I don't think nearly the majority of people on Sup Forums like capeshit. Its just spammed on here by shills and small minded children fall in with the fad.

Soon you'll be saying that the wall to wall Star Wars meming and sudden enforcement of spoilers was all native interest.

Sure, but its still bad.

>ywn see Mel create his epic Viking movie

why even live? ;_;

>I don't think nearly the majority of people on Sup Forums like capeshit.

It's pretty believable considering Sup Forums and Sup Forums are the biggest boards on the website.

HIS VIKING EPIC WHEN?

Apocalypto was amazing, god damn just give him another chance

>women age like milk, men age like wine

What a crock of shit.

B8

lol. you think too highly of Sup Forums. its not "patrician" or auteur at all. its normies getting their meme fix while talking about the next blockbuster popcorn flick. back in the day you can still see some intelligent film discussion you can't even get a decent cinematography thread in here, it'll get buried by capeshits, star wars or sjw bait threads

>I don't think nearly the majority of people on Sup Forums like capeshit
Not the majority of Sup Forums but definitely 60% of Sup Forums

BASED as fuck

don't forget there is a Gibson kino coming this year

>The woman-hatey domestic life and the racism are his personal business
White cishet spotted
kys

March 2017

>how dare companies use their money to produce what they want instead of what I think they should make

If you are talking about that Edgy McEdgelord movie, it looks cheap and stupid.

ITT: people take what he says out of context to suit their agenda.

Amazing. It's funny how this is exactly my opinion.
The last time I went to the theaters was to watch Interstellar. I live in a small town and the only two cinemas here are basically capeshit, capeshit, comedy, kids' movie, kids' movie.
Anything different for that, gets my money, but they're rare.

its sad thats its true and you can also say the same exact thing about video games

Same.

Y-yeah...5 Spider-Man... not 8...

;_:

Young Mel did a great berserker rage in the Lethal Weapon movies.

>muh edge
Fuck off back to Sup Forumsumblr, sjw

He did a couple of other great berserker rages.

wew

>tfw Mel will never direct a movie about the Fall of Constantinople where he plays Constantine XI
it feels like it's the sort of thing he would've done already

Jesus Christ you are exactly the person those marketing shills on here are going for. I thought they were wasting their time spamming their crap on here but apparently there really are people stupid enough to think those are the actual, honest opinions of Sup Forums users.

I bet you thought Sup Forums was super hyped for Fury Road and that Star Wars fanfiction movie too.

Mel was already on the based list but he's on it twice now.

>you'll never have a bro like mel

jdmisa

coming from the guy who did 4 lethal weapons

>Mel said he thinks capeshit is mostly shit
>RDJ has repeatedly asked the industry to forgive Mel
>hurr y doesnt kike give him capeshit role

>if people make lots of threads about it it's marketing
How about you accept the sad truth that this board is actually full of plebs?

>Matrix

>good

I've confronted these fuckheads on a number of occasions and their response has always convinced me it's a shill raid.

For example, I went in one ludicrously cringeworthy shill thread - they were practically telling us to see it at the cinema for the full experience - and I called them out. There were almost a dozen replies, all denying it and calling me crazy and so on. Then I told them that not even quality political trolling gets this kind of OTT response on here. They all shut up immediately. Like they went from ten posts a minute to complete silence.

I asked another one of them to explain if they were shilling, ie. too poor to post their own opinions on Sup Forums, or if they were too stupid to find an existing Star Wars thread for their thoughts. Their response was to threaten to spam more Star Wars threads on "my" board if I didn't shut up.

And there have been a few actual whistleblowers, saying they got fired for missing a quota so they're exposing the scam on here. Some have posted screencapped wageslips (names redacted). Their threads always get shilled hard until, again, the level of shilling reaches a point where they're being too obvious, they get told they're being too obvious, and they fall silent.

Anyone who says there isn't widespread shilling on Sup Forums (and many other forums) is either brand new, retarded, or a shill.

But that said, the board IS full of plebs.

I'd still get with him tbqh

>everyoneisstupidexceptme

Stupid, or a lying shill, or acknowledges that shilling exists.

I can guess which you are.

Nice reverse psychology, shill.

It's true for any other medium

>ywn live in a time when big budget, artistically shot, long-as-fuck films like Gone with the Wind, Ben Hur, and The Godfather were box office behemoths

Feels really bad man.

Source? Im genuinely interested in seeing these wageslips etc.

They weren't. Common mistake among retards.

I'm not the user you're replying.
I can confirm this.
It's easy to notice how it's full of shills because they just disappear after the first two weeks. You'll find 1 or 4 threads about superhero movies or Star Wars here in a normal day, but you'll also find one about James Bond, asking about a movie from the 1930's or some shit comedy.
It's also easy to notice, look at the "quality" of the thread. Remember the "I rebel" thing from Star Wars? You could find 8 or 10 threads everyday every time here. This disappeared.

CAPESHIT BTFO

Look at the proliferation of memes on Sup Forums it's not hard to see that shit like iRebel is the result of losers trying engineer memes instead of just being meme shovellers taking regurgitated shit and passing it off to Sup Forums ad infinitum in an attempt at social contact and humor

>people get bored after the hype
Do you think marketers also flooded the whole board when the Aurora shooting took place?
Also you seem to have forgotten that all those "I rebel" threads were making fun of the movie.

*trailer

I can't find it now but it's pretty meaningless without context anyway. Somewhere there's an infographic floating around that includes one, with other info that explains who it's from and what they do (online marketing).

The damage control operations these organisations run are fucking scary though. Gamergate tried to expose shilling for computer games companies by "independent" voices, and look how that turned out. They'll happily exploit people's fear/support of identity politics just to fight off critics of their lying "journalists."

They've become a lot less obvious as well, at least on Sup Forums. Spend five minutes on /ck/ and ask yourself if people really care enough about McDonald's, Burger King, Five Guys etc. for there to be multiple threads up about them, complete with the logo in the OP, 24/7.

This shit is common knowledge on other boards, and other sites, but I guess Sup Forums (and certain other boards) have a particularly young and naive userbase.

>matrix
>risky

>McDonald's, Burger King, Five Guys
>multiple threads
>24/7
As the man in the orthopaedic shoes said: I stand corrected.

I just checked /ck/ and can't find a thread about any of those brands. Maybe they're off duty at a certain time of day but I swear it seems like every other thread when I browse /ck/ normally. Regular cu/ck/s know what I mean.

There is a "Taco Bell General" but I won't claim that alone proves anything.