Trout Mask Replica - Needledrop

Now that Anthony Fantano has reviewed the album positively, will it become a shilled meme here and get posted by a lot of Sup Forumstants bandwagoning? Funny how this board will all of a sudden take an interest to this album only now.

yeah it was so annoying when he reviewed kid a and ALL OF A SUDDEN people like that album
fucking fantano drones

am i cool for liking before he reviewed it

is that how this works

I noticed that album being posted a lot here lately and I guess that is why.

Just don't shit up the board with lots of Trout Mask Replica threads. This board has always been free of TMR threads so lets hope Fantano doesn't cause spam of TMR

You haven't been here that long have you

long enough to know that NMH is a meme

>Now that Anthony Fantano has reviewed the album positively

Did we watch the same video?
Most of the time, he constantly made remarks about the album like it was an experience but it shouldn't be taken seriously and most of the songs are simply just acid experiments that didn't went well.

People have been convincing themselves they like this garbage album for years, way before Mr. melonhead was even on youtube.

>early example of memes in music

>way too long

Is this faggot seriously this influenced by Sup Forums faggotry

>This board has always been free of TMR threads

>TFW depressed schizophrenic
>Take mushrooms
>Listen to TMR
>First time in my life music has ever made me laugh
>Pure bliss
>No longer depressed

This album is so special to me, it hurts to think anyone would like it merely to bandwagon.

No no user, its a great album I'm just saying that there a number of newfags who will only like the album because someone told them to. Its special to you for a very different reason to what I am complaining about

TMR = The Mars Rolta

impressive.. You're hired

So that's how you cure depression.

Yea because no one on Sup Forums cared for TMR before this, right?

Fucking NEWFAGS lol

What's up with people saying it sounds like TMV, I'm not hearing it

So?
They are the kind of people that say they like things to show off to their friends. It will be a fleeting meme that will be forgotten the next time their hero tells them to like something else.

On the flip side, it may reach out to a select few who will genuinely enjoy it, and go on to explore music in a positive way, not just to show off their psuedo-eclectic taste.

However, the whole album has something about it that appeals to 17-21 year olds on first discovery, that seems to make them think they have transitioned into sophisticated adults with real taste in music. The kind that post threads like "help me get into jazz/classical".
Just ignore them.

Hardly gave it a positive review, did you even watch it, he said he swings between thinking that it's ok to outright hatred...

doesn't surprise me that an emotionally stunted MRA would find TMR infuriating

Yea only an autistic man child would enjoy it all the way through

i'd rather be an autist than a reactionary dullard

so two days then

reading comprehension 404, how can you guys be this retarded

>uhhh nuuhh they didn't understaaaaaand
Maybe explain yourself properly, cunt.

>Funny how this board will all of a sudden take an interest to this album only now.
You
Fucking
NEWFAG

people have been talking about tmr since the beginning of Sup Forums

oh my god

literally kill yourselves

literally

that review was pretty negative for a classic review, and it was clear that fantano doesn't actually enjoy the album, he just respects it for it's innovation
this album was always mildly memed, but fortunately it's a bit too avant-garde to appeal to everyone here like NMH or TVbrain does

More like TMREEEE

This album was always bandwagoned, it's fucking Sup Forumscore. Like, not even sub Sup Forums-core.

tell me, how was Sup Forums like in 1969?

pretty terrible. The hippies flooded in after woodstok and raped the board culture

17yo's please vacate the premises

I don't watch Fantano, so I need some background.

Did he initially review it poorly?

>anthony is an emotionally stunted MRA
what?

He basically just shat on the album, what are you talking about? He clearly said that it is not good, not nice to the ears and was just something ''new'' and ''random'' for its time.

Isn't that video just an older one that he removed that he reposted? I checked it out because it was being memed, and I swear I saw the review on someone else's channel that was posted because Fantano deleted it or something.

Anyway, for those that are new to Beefheart, I do recommend checking out the other records he released, particularly Safe As Milk, Lick My Decals Off, Doc At The Radar Station, and Shiny Beast. Mirror Man, too if you want more of the TMR style polyphony. Not all of them have the same novelty value of TMR, but are still fantastic records in their own right.

His review will barely change anything, especially after a few weeks. His review wasn't even that positive.

the review was very clearly negative lol

he praised it in the beginning of the video so people wouldn't shit on him for what he was about to say

He praised it's inovation, influence and said it's definitely earned its current place in history. But he himself finds portions of it grating and obnoxious, with some of the experimentation even being childish, in his view. He enjoys certain songs and moments, but overall greatly prefers other Beefheart albums.

am 36, give today a first listen to this and instantly loved it.

they were the mathcore of the 70s