Whats the best film of this decade and why is it The Master

There are so many interpretations of the movie its astounding. PTA handles the subject of religion and cults in a way only he can and comes up with the background story leading to hippie revolution. Joaquin Phoenix gives the best performance of this millennium.
> Find a flaw in this movie.
> You cant.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DAZp_wbv0h4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

no one cares lol

Not even PTA's best movie this decade, that would be Inherent Vice.

It's the lives of others you pleb fuck

The tv show version was better:

youtube.com/watch?v=DAZp_wbv0h4

I agree
I adore The Master, and it's absolutely one of the best of the decade, but I would say the third act stumbles a bit. After the duo digs up Dodd's writing for the second book, it loses steam and rehashes things a little. Of course, then the ending is as phenomenal as the rest of the movie, but it's very hard to find a flawless film, and while The Master at its best is nothing short of astounding, I wouldn't consider it 100% flawless

pta's genius is most evident in this scene in the first 5 min. you really don't need to watch any more of this movie after that, he's really that good

I didn't understand what Freddie's problem was, was he intellectually impaired or something?

Nope. Inherent vice was nice. But too convoluted to get anywhere. Joaquin was good but he was amazing in Master.

WTF is that suppose to mean...? It shows how he doesn't give a fuck about what others think. His ego is not fully developed.

Nope. PTSD.

No movie is 100% flawless but it was nearly perfect.

Yes, he had a family history of insanity or something, it was clear he was mentally retarded to some degree
It shows how prevailing and overwhelming his sexuality is and shows he lacks the mental ability to suppress it or realize what is socially inappropriate

>What is ego in freudian terms

Kino perfection.

Pic related is the only film from this decade better than the Master.

PTA is my favorite director but you guys need to watch more movies, its not even the best mainstream movie of the 10's

>you pleb fuck
>posts film from past decade
Lmao fucking retard

tell us the best

How about you tell us of some better movies then?

Son of Saul
Embrace of the Serpent
Wild Tales
Leviathan
Whiplash
Gueros
Calvary
Inside Lewllyn Davis
Holy Motors
Amour
A Separation
Certified Copy
Tabu

read into it whatever you want, it's a film where all the chars are somewhere between boring and annoying, and that makes for a shit movie.

Stick to capeshit and pop culture references

lol wtf? ex machina was much better and even that was average

lol no. not at all.

ex machina isn't 10% of the film that The Master is.

i don't like capeshit any more than this boring pretentious shit. plenty of movies I do enjoy though

It's one of them yes, along with Certified Copy and Knight of Cups.

>Inside Lewllyn Davis
> Whiplash
>Holy Motors
>Amour

I did not see the others but The master is better than all the above which you listed.

>ex machina was much better

Rolls eyes.

This film is not pretentious. Don't take intellect for pretension. Do not be sheep.

Good fucking call on Knight of Cups. On par with Tree of Life imo

The Master is a good movie, but There Will Be Blood is a much better film. The Master looses it in the last act, but overall is a very interesting movie.

The master like the rest of his work are trash you child of imdb

Cosmopolis was better
But yeah, The Master's up there

Lee Van Cleef and ninjas make anything better
FACT

I know people with PTSD. it's more than that. I'm thinking maybe fetal alcohol.

TWBB is a film that plebeians flock to in awe, because they are nearly completely underexposed to cinema.

It is a film which exposes the tasteless, time after time.

Excuse me.

It's absolutely absurd that the thread about the best actresses working, on topic, without sexy pics or comments, focusing on performances with hearty discussion was just deleted. It was essentially this thread, but for actresses, just like we have for actors, that is, ones with dicks.

no fucking contest

Wild Tales was good man but you must be memeing really hard if you think that it's legitimately one of the best movies of the '10s. I'm not even saying The Master is better, but Wild Tales is not even close to perfect.

What the fuck is wrong with you?

Very good pick
the best of the 2012s too

Oh so your a true film patrician then and I'm just a lowly pleb? Shut your fucking hivemind mouth

Not too much, what's wrong with you?

Lmao no. I prefer the master, but TWBB is practically flawless

Great acting, terrible movie.

PTA is garbage pleb filter for redditors who masturbate over hackish blatant kubrick worship / welles imitation.

oh yeah and pic related is the best film of the decade

PIG FUCK

How in the fucking world is it a terrible movie. The critics opinion was divided but my no means it's a terrible movie. There is a constant tension built around the emotion of both the master and the slave. Are you fucking dumb or something..?

>find a flaw
Amy Adams
>prove me wrong
>(You) can't

That's pretty fucking gay desu

Close, but no.

I like this list
Nice dubs

overrated to all hell

Amy adams was brilliant in it. She stays out of the main two characters and only appears in scenes which have importance to the whole structure of the plot. She is the embodiment of the Superego. And her acting was perfect. What the fuck is wrong with amy adams in The Master....? Could you point out specifically..?

Phillip Seymour Hoffman is dead

>but TWBB is practically flawless
By design. Which is an artistic flaw.

The film has no insanity. No lust for pleb blood. It is merely a regurgitation of canonized "quality" memes.