I'm building my first gaming pc and my friend is helping out thru WhatsApp. I just applied the (thermal?) paste...

I'm building my first gaming pc and my friend is helping out thru WhatsApp. I just applied the (thermal?) paste. He told me I did it wrong and he's asleep now... What's wrong? It's enough, so I imagine it would get colder...

what the fuck

Good joke user, nobody can be that retarded...

Gr8 b8 m8

ayy lmao

No you did it right bro, don't worry about what he said because he's wrong

It would still work as long as that paste is non-conductive... Pressing it into the socket would push away enough paste that the pins would make contact.

no you did it right OP

Dat bait

Wow, OP. I hope this is bait; if not, you're a fucking retard

nice job OP

you're friend is wrong

What CPU's use pins anymore?

That's good right?
He told me to put it where it makes contact with the cooling.

What user said.

you need to put paste in the grooves of the heat sync, it directs the heat more sufficiently so that the fan can cool it better

>helping
dude lmao rn,you spread the thermal paste like its butter

Just put it in the mobo, just remember not to force it in and rotate it so the little triangle lines up

That's one of the finest paste jobs I've seen. Look at how even the coverage is!

OP, no worries. That's a solid effort right there. If you ever have temperature issues I'd be surprised - that chip will stay so cool you'll probably think it's not working.

You didnt use enough. Gotta slather that shit on there.

I don't have a mobo. I have a master cooler thing.

It's also not a bad idea to put it on the fan itself. The air passing over the blades will cool faster

press the cpu into your leg then.

youre supposed to put it on the flat metal surface ontop of the processor, not on the pins, go watch a quick youtube video, if tthis pic is real, then you broke it.

b8/10

Yes you're right! Cause you don't want it to overheat on you. I did this before and it never cooling on me and my PC die so I have to get a new PC and I got everything back now. Sorry for my English is bad :(

this guy is right who has a CPU with fucking pins, its all PPGA now. hes another kid fishing to get a response

gr8 b8 m8, i r8 it 0/8

Alright, thanks (not to all of you) for the responses. I'll wait for tomorrow to continue because it's pretty late here... My friend is coming over if everything goes as planned, so I might be playing some games this time tomorrow.

At this point...just try putting it in, open PC and see what happens. Gotta take a record of this.

you should watercool it instead, i keep my rig in the bathtub on hot days, shit keeps its really cool when i play no mans sky

lol no you wont be playing shit

I think you mean BGA (ball grid array) PGA is (pin grid array)

Allright... You got me.
Fucking reverse image search.
Thought editing would stop it from showing up. Guess not.
Goodnight b, off to bed.

lel

b8

>mfw my friend who is PC retarded crushed the shit outta his CPU pins trying to set his shit up

No probs bro ^~^

You mean that great editing that simply flipped the image?

kek

>troll

no shit

>_> God man you're guys it's is even more retarded than you are

Gr8 b8 m8 I r8 88/888

If real, Timestamp plus Turn over the CPU so we can see the age/generation of the chip to see how much cash has just been flushed down the toilet

>>_> God man you're guys it's is even more retarded than you are

Fuck off, you're not funny.

> >_> God man you're guys it's is even more retarded than you are

that's what i get for posting on Valium, yeah you are right.