Are North Korean athletes shocked when they compete in Olympics for the first time?

Are North Korean athletes shocked when they compete in Olympics for the first time?

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2013/03/22/report-north-korea-ordered-its-foreign-diplomats-to-become-drug-dealers/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You mean, like seeing the world outside of North Korea?

I imagine they don't get to wander around the host city at all. Probably just stay in their hotel rooms and go to the gym while government officials watch them and sell meth to keep their government running

Yeah. Especially when they see Finns.

They don't just let them out for the Olympics. They are competing all around the world just to qualify

The North Korean government gives them a city tour in Rio, so that they'll feel homesick for being in such a shitty place.

>sell meth to keep their government running

more like condoms really

Is this an attempt at banter?

meant to reply to

Must be great. Even if you lose, you get home and the government tells everyone you won.

I just want to know the North Korean experience abroad.

I mean, do they start realising that NK is a shithole and their rulers arent the god-emperors that they made themselves out to be?

Do they consider running away and applying for asylum?

Because they don't know the Sup Forums memes or what?

what if its the other way around

>I mean, do they start realising that NK is a shithole and their rulers arent the god-emperors that they made themselves out to be?

>be best korean
>see brazil
>realize that BK is a shithole

m8, I really don't think it works like this

I feel like the government ends up telling its people that NK won gold in every event.

FINLAND BTFO

HOLY SHIT THIS DAMAGE CONTROL

The Olympics are totally different, though. The athletes in the village apparently go nuts and fuck like bunnies after they're done competing. I wonder how much of that the North Koreans are aware of or witness.

Nah, NKers support NK because they legitimately hate the West and Japan. NK propaganda goes that NK is the real protector of the Korean people and even though they're not as wealthy as the Worst Koreans, they're a free people and not Western pigdog puppets like the Worst Koreans.

It's wrong to think of NK as a communist country, they're like Imperial Japan on steroids, just without the whole expansionist thing.

washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2013/03/22/report-north-korea-ordered-its-foreign-diplomats-to-become-drug-dealers/

North Korea funds itself with industrial-scale meth production and sales, counterfeit money and goods, and a bunch of other super illegal shit

>entire article based off speculation from a South Korean newspaper

biased source/10

>trusting any Asian news source

K E K
E
K

Yeah, this is pretty much bullshit. Everyone knows they fake american dallarydoos on industrial scale. Why the fuck should diplomats then sell meth for a few extra bux. Does not compute to me.

Where else is North Korean going to get their money? Other than shutting down their nuclear program in exchange for food, then restarting it every couple of years

Meth is popular and doesn't require agricultural ingredients like heroin does

Yeah, those fuckers right?! And there is no Western propaganda, only Russian, Chinese and North Korean! Our media is honest and ethical!

What I meant was that I just don't believe they're selling drugs. Not Meth, not acid, not speed, not piece, not puff, not doze, not stim, not H.

You do know you can access South Korean TV in much of Norkland and SKs regularly smuggle DVDs and Phones with internet into Norkland.

>america in charge of reliable, unbiased news

when will you fools realize North Korea is actually a paradise compared to the rest of the world and that your media has been lying to you guys about them this whole time

If they're not, they should be

desu when I went to south korea I saw lots of old people working all day and drinking soju all night, which I imagine north koreans can do too. sk is a fucking shithole too once you leave the shiny city veneer

>implying NK people have TVs

Jesus christ I know it's shit there but it's not fucking africa

According to our propaganda, North Koreans spend all day working in factories making counterfeit dollars and going home to a dinner of grass, dirt, and their younger siblings

I don't know if they are shocked,probably.If you live under 70years of insane propaganda.

But to anwser some questions:
>Do they consider running away and applying for asylum?
So we all know Northkorea is completly isolated and controlled by the government.But we also know that some Northkoreans leave theier country,accepted by the regime for example as an athlete or a worker(they have been true reports about Koreans in Poland/Siberia woriking for the regime).

But if you run away and the regimes knows it.It's very simple,your whole family gets into a concentration camp/murdered.There is a Vice Docu about Northkoreans leaving best Korea to support the regime by working.

>being such a beta ass bitch that you'd abandon your family to torture just so you can be """free"""

I know that but I doubt that the majority of the population has TVs since it would pick up frequencies all over the place and the government wouldnt want that.

I recall there was a story fairly recently of a NK restaurant based somewhere outside the country, and all of the staff defected to the South after seeing life on the outside.

NK made thinly veiled threats against their parents to try and scare them home

Wouldn't you do it if you were him? I'd flood the world with pure acid dude lmfao

professional athletes are vital for communist propaganda so they probably make sure the athletes have a good life and don't miss living outside too much

And the new penalty is death, makes skorean soaps an edgy experience.

Pretty much why most people never defect or try. They usually don't even try to plan it because of spies everywhere.

Kim jong un - a real life gus fring

>There is a Vice Docu about it
You may as well say that there is a tumblr blog about it, it has the same journalistic value

Didn't a bunch of them run away in the South African World Cup? If they viewed South Africa as am upgrade then it must be pretty bad

Okay cuck

They won't be shocked because the government openly tells North Koreans that the outside world is full of greed, dishonesty, degeneracy, impurity, and corruption, and that's exactly all they will see, not the prosperity.

I remember watching this brilliant documentary about Norks stuck in China and trying to make it to the south.

This woman paid a lot of money to get her sister smuggled into China to join her but she decided to go back instead. She had literally no idea of the horrors that would happen to her on return ;_;.

No. They have competed in international tournaments like world championships before.

Unlike Soviets, Cubans etc., no North Korean sportsperson has ever defected to my knowledge. It's the North Korean politicians who defect when on a trip overseas.

Myers pls

>Be North Korean
>Dream of escaping, realise becoming an olympian is te only way to escape
>Get sent to Brazil
>Don't want to leave North Korea anymore.

From what I've seen some homes have portable DVD players that they are very, very quiet about.

I wonder if they'll even bother sending a delegation to Japan.

The only reason they didn't in 1964 was because of GANEFO (Commie Olympics) and that's not an issue in 2020.

North Korea doesn't go ballistic whenever someone mentions Japan; there is a sizeable pro-NK Korean community there and they know how to use that for propaganda. Seeing the North's athletes being cheered for by Japanese Koreans is nothing short of a major propaganda victory and they won't miss that opportunity.

They're usually shocked afterwards in secret camps when they lose

are you kidding, they are always the first ones to run out of condoms

Yes, to kidnap nips.

This was before Vice went full tumblr, it's actually a genuinely good doc.

I recall reading back in 2010 the Koreans spent most of their time watching TV since they only got a few (one?) channel which was all propaganda TV.

she's actually kind of cute

Are you being sarcastic? Unless you think living in a country that doesn't even have reliable electricity is a dream come true.

>implying implications
>even implying

>believing the CIA Post

ITT: cucks uncritically regurgitating propaganda about how propagandized and cucked people are in the DPRK

>Unlike Soviets, Cubans etc., no North Korean sportsperson has ever defected to my knowledge

The difference is that USSR and Cuba could produce star athletes in lucrative western sports (baseball, boxing, hockey) while DPRK does not, so the monetary incentive to defect is absent.

>I recall reading back in 2010

listen up everybody, we got a real expert here

>a bunch of other super illegal shit

Question, how is it illegal if a country does it?
Meth production and sale might be legal in North Korea?

>Question, how is it illegal if a country does it?

Depends on which country is actually doing it.

Apparently if you are the CIA and you leave cocaine and heroin trafficking networks in your wake wherever you go (Afghanistan, Laos, Thailand, Vietnam, Panama, etc., etc.,) and ship tons and tons of cocaine into the country via front airlines that land in Mena, Arkansas, there are no repercussions whatsoever.

LMAO