If one were to kill themself...

If one were to kill themself, what precautions should you take in terms of not screwing your family over financially or causing any legal issues?

So far, all I can think of is canceling any of my reoccurring bills/services and paying off any debts I have left over.

Are there any sort of special requests I should make or anything of that nature that authorities are obligated to adhere to?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4gO7uemm6Yo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You could get a gun and steal a ton of stores, hide the money under your bed and then kill yourself.

Bump

Oh, good tip. Thanks

Other than clearing all your debts, the only other real financial burden would be your funeral costs and whatever costs may or may not arise from a crew having to clean your brain matter off the floor. Considering the costs for funerals (between the funeral home preparing your body and the ridiculous price of caskets) can get into the tens of thousands, you'll want to be sure that either you have enough money saved to cover it, or be certain it won't financially ruin your family to have to bury you.

Better yet, just don't kill yourself and become a productive member of society

You'd be screwing your family over if the police trace the robberies back to you after your death, because not only would all the money be taken back by police, but your family would most likely have to deal with some legal fees as well. You're best to keep everything legal

>whatever costs may or may not arise from a crew having to clean your brain matter off the floor

What if I killed myself in a field in a tarp or something? Would they still charge a ton to clean that up? Is there just a standard fee for removal of dead bodies? Even if I OD'd on pills or what have you? Something not as messy as say blowing your head off with a shotgun.

If I make a request to be cremated, do they have to honor that? Or can they do whatever they want?

>become a productive member of society

greatest album of all time

Why would you want to kill yourself you fag?

just get on a bus going far as fuck away and be a drifter. itll be fun + you might just die anyway

No matter what you do, there's a lot of costs involved. Ambulance, police investigation, hospital costs, physician costs, funeral costs, cremation costs, to name a few. If you make your post mortem wishes clear, generally your family will follow them. Ultimately though it's up to them, there's a cost involved whether you're buried or cremated

Thought about that, but I think I'd rather just skip to the end result rather than delay the inevitable and live as a vagabond for a few months, likely being ever more miserable.

Are they able to pull funds from my bank account once I die to cover the costs or is whatever money I have immediately forfeited ot the government or something?

Wear a diaper or clear (24 hours no food and lots of laxatives) your bowels before hand. Noone wants to touch your poopy.

Nice to see a legit response

Keep in mind these are only the immediate costs. You have to factor in the secondary costs such as the mental costs to your family, and both emotional and physical. Suicide is devastating for families, and it's not uncommon for families to end up having to see a therapist or something similar. There's also the lost wages costs, since they'll inevitably take time off from work for everything from the police investigations, to the funeral, to the aftermath. It's estimated that a suicide ends up costing about 1.1 million dollars in total after all is said and done

It's honestly better for your family if you just don't. Don't be a pussy by taking the easy way out. Just deal with it like the rest of us. Hell you might even find yourself happy at times.

>legit response
>browsing Sup Forums
Join op in killing yourself

There's a lot of legal standpoints regarding your bank account. The easiest way is to set up a beneficiary to ensure that someone gets a claim on your account once your dead. Otherwise they'll have to go through legal proceedings to get ownership

I doubt it. My family is used to hardships. We've had a falling out anyways. I'm not saying it's not going to hurt them and me killing myself isn't selfish. It is selfish and it will hurt them, but I think they effect would be less devastating to us than it would be a traditional family.

We were never close. We have eachother's backs when times get rough. But if one of us passes, there's not really that much fuss. We're more like "buddies" than family.

I do find happiness. Often really. It's just that I had an opportunity to crawl out of this funk I've been in for the past few years and now due to factors outside of my control, I lost that opportunity. Naturally I feel lost. The current situation I'm in and the amount of effort required to get out of it just doesn't seem worth it.

youtube.com/watch?v=4gO7uemm6Yo

Very melodramatic, but this song sums up what I'm feeling.

I'm not going to give you the bullshit that it gets better, and that things will work themselves out because honestly I have no idea. I've been there, and what I do know is that if you truly want things to be right you will get it done. You need to believe in yourself. Overcoming this will just show how capable you really are. I'll I'm just somebody on the internet and I really don't care what happens to you, but others do. If anything think about them.

I'm the first person that you relied to and have been talking with for a bit, and while it doesn't necessarily concern me either way what you choose, I've never really seen the point in suicide. I mean, I understand life gets hard and it seems like the effort just isn't worth it, but why take the easy way out? We've all only been given one life, and I figure we should all see it out to the end too. None of us are particularly important in the grand scheme of things, but we're all the most important things in the world to ourselves. Those who have given up on life actually have a vastly bigger freedom to live it however they want, since they've given up the chains that construct a normal citizen of society. If you truly want to end it, then there's probably nothing anyone could say or do to stop you. But why waste such an opportunity?

Like I said, I know things get better. It's just a matter of putting effort into it. I've gone through this cycle many times

Stability > Difficult obstacle > Instability > Hard work in order to stabalize > Failure > Attempt > Attempt > Burn out > Hopelessness > Pulling oneself up by the bootstraps and forcing change until it happens > Stability > Happiness and self respect for overcoming obstacle

Only problem is the problems keep arising. I know this happens to everyone. I know that most people work through this. I know that this is what life is. But I just don't care anymore. I'm sick of going through the motions and getting a fleeting moment of happiness and payoff only to be kicked in the dick again. I just want out but I want to not screw over everyone else in the process.

I have no friends so there's no heartache there. The only people I have are my family, all of which I rarely see or spend time with. And when we do, it's nothing special. It's moreso a bi-monthly obligation to have a quick meal with or what have you. Like I said, we're more buddies than family. They likely won't be all that devastated by my death. I don't say that out of spite, just of out sincerity. They probably are emotionally mature enough to handle the suicide of a family member.

Just because we're given one life doesn't mean we're obligated to live them out. Especially if it's a continous cycle of rare highs and predominant lows.

I'm not mad or spited at anyone. I don't curse God or anything for my life situation. In the end, everything is the individual's fault. And I could turn it around and make my life great if I commit to it greatly and make it my absolute goal. But I just don't see the point. I'll put myself through a ton of struggle and stress just to get a short moment of happiness, then more problems will arise and I'll keep repeating that cycle until I die.

cont.

I don't think it matters whether I die now by suicide or live out my life and die of natural causes. In the end I'm dead either way. What does delaying the inevitable and putting myself through hardships and stress accomplish exactly?

I'm not saying you're obligated to live your life out, I was simply just stating my viewpoint on the matter. You seem to believe in some fallacy that extreme hardships will always follow you, and you're basing your life on something that's nothing more than a guess. For all you know, your hardships could be minuscule compared to the happiness you receive once you break out of your rut. You've just thoroughly convinced yourself that you'll always be a victim, which is probably why you end up victimized.

I'm just trying to give you an unbiased opinion to help you see from a different point of view before making such a decision, I've already given you most of the financial advice you'd need to make a decision either way

Doesn't take away the fact that you're throwing away something precious. If you want to talk about it more I can give you my kik or number

Nah, I understand your point and what you're getting at. It does sound like I'm always making myslef out to be the victim and that hardships always follow happiness. But it's true. There's no such thing as ever lasting happiness. You eventually encounter a problem or issue somewhere along the way. Maybe it's just something as simple as being bored of what you're doing. It's sort of part of human nature to seek out stability, but once you've obtained it, you start to linger for something exciting as it becomes dull to you after awhile. You just have to perpetually be in motion striving for the top, meeting or exceeding everyone's expectations and maintain that trajectory your entire life until you die.

By that logic we should all immediately die right after birth, why waste our time with all that stuff between when we're destined to die anyways? There is no ultimate point in life. I'm not a religious person, and I think religions were founded simply because people didn't want to deal with the fact that we were meant to die, and that there's probably nothing after death. People get too hung up with death and don't focus on the life they've been given. We were put on this earth simply to live, plain and simple. We've worked our way up to the point where living is leisurely, and we can ultimately do whatever we want with our lives before we die. You and I were born to live out our lives and experience everything the world has to offer, both good and bad. You knowing the outcome of your life doesn't have to dictate how exactly you live it