>mediafire.com/download/zq35xorj2iaqh22

Modern Chord Progressions: Jazz and Classical Voicings for Guitar - Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/oflu4wdwofhqqtb

Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/07o65qdh5in1nsq
>mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

Impulse Response Pack
>mediafire.com/download/svtfxjtillrdwt8/Gods Cab 1.3.rar
>mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav (embed) (embed)

previous

Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/yfgdpk5b
clyp.it/qu0gznx2
youtu.be/hOuWSc2og3g
m.soundcloud.com/superjazzcolors/superjazzcolors
lemurmusic.com/Pirastro-Oliv-Gut-Bass-String-Set-GDAE/productinfo/S0230/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Are there any buying guides for amps with price ranges/pros and cons like you see on Sup Forums for pc/tech stuff?

Post your amp and your album of the year

PUP ~ The Dream is Over

Not specifically that I am aware of. You have to narrow it down a bit first. Then you can search best best solid state amps or best tube amps or best low wattage amps etc.

r8 my cart

>15 buck for a three pack of strings

Fug. I forgot how cheap guitar strings are in comparison to bass.

new to gear

need good amp

whats good amp?

messa like the punk

will save for up to 600 dollar amp

any price = good tho

How loud does it need to be? Do you plan to play with a drummer or will this just be for bedroom practice volume levels?

>25 bucks for a set of strings

fug this instrument

An Ibanez DDL20 and my bass board will finally be finished

Any chance I can get something that could be turned down for practice and get cranked up for performance later on? I mostly want something with a really clean sound quality.

Better get to boiling your strings boyos

I heard you can drink the tone tea and become even better

Meatbox sounds fucking harsh, what on earth does it do and is it good at it?

I'm looking to replace amp in pic, old (1980s) transistor ~15w. Price range is up robot £300 ish but would happily buy soemthing cheaper if it's a better deal. Have looked at modelling amps and cheaper valve/'valve reactor' amps but honestly not too sure. Would be nice to have a headphone/monitor out. When I was last looking (2014) blackstar HT5 seemed like a good deal (now £330)

Yeah I've heard about that. Never had tried. Maybe next string change will see how it goes. I mean it should work in theory as the majority of dead-string issues are related to dust and dirt and finger sweat accumulation.

Blackstar HT5 is still a good deal. Do recommend.

Wanna start an emo band. I know how to play pretty well with twinkly sounds and finger picking, except I don't know jack shit about chords and how to write songs with chords. Only know G, D, C, and F.

How the hell do artists know which chords sound good in a song and where they can go?

what do you guys think on national newport guitars ?

Never tried it, I don't wanna ruin my mom's pots.

Oh man that's a badass board you got there user, what you running through it?

It's a subsynth pedal, it goes approx 2 octaves below your signal to fatten it up. AKA it's gonna blow your amp.

>wanna start an emo band
don't

pls r8 my toan and make suggestions

clyp.it/yfgdpk5b

Do /gg/ use any apps for playing and learning guitar?

basic theory. writing on piano might be easier for applying things like chord inversions

KEK
a dude in my town used to leave the strings in coke for a week to wear off some of the rust, his tone was amazing!

what the fuck

theres this funny thing called music theory

mobile metronome :^)

WHY I CANT CREATE RIFFS & ARRANGEMENTS? WHY?
Ive been playing for almost 5 undisciplined years, i have half-ass decent technique, i can play almost anything i hear. But i can't create. I can't do anything out of the box, solo out of simple beats and time divisions etc; i can't be creative.

I'm just listening to Led Zeppelin's "Royal Orleans" and "Hots On For Nowhere" with guitar in hands (i dont do this usually, only the same albums, i'm doing this now because i found a buzzfeed-like rank of Zep songs).
And figured the riffs are all made by stock scales & licks based on dorian/mixolidian (and m3-M3 A string chromatism). They also have sections of funky M6+m7 riffs and sections of catchy, happy major chords. Other songs have beautiful major vocal melodies like "Night Flight" plus groovy rock-n-roll sections.

As i figured them on the neck i had an urge to do a similar riff on the same vibe and make a song out of that, (but i didnt cause it would sound like a rewrite, i tried that before). I wish i had created those riffs. But i hadnt. Why i cant do that?

Fuck off with that emo shit. But if you wanna make a song pick a key and play chords in the key

key
C C Dm Em F G Am B-dim
D D Em F#m G A Bm C#-dim
E E F#m G#m A B C#m D#-dim
F F Gm Am Bb C Dm E-dim
G G Am Bm C D Em F#-dim
A A Bm C#m D E F#m G#-dim
B B C#m D#m E F# G#m A#-dim

see

do you ever get to jam with someone?

What theory you mean? I know theory, i mentioned intervals on my post, i know chords of a key and this level of theory. I just can't actually compose or create.

Never
I reharse with bands but never actually jammed

Chords are a myth. Just think about modes and extensions.

>tfw want to go through justin guitar lessons but all the beginner songs are normie LE CHORD STRUMMING shitfests
he even sings in some, jesus fuck

>jazz 3 picks
handlet detected

Absolutely revolting

>He sings in songs

Well.. duh

>can't be bothered to think by himself and apply lessons to make the music he likes
>fucking normies ruining guitar
why not just stop breathing since chad breathed that air before you ?

>swap out stock passive INF pickups on my ibanez rg
>put in active EMG 60 & 81
>can't even hear the difference
well fuck me, there goes $200 down the drain

might be a bit louder but shit

Not him but I have huge hands (6'4") and I use carbon fiber jazz 3's with max grip. It's called dexterity.

Should have upgraded your shitty amp before your shitty pickups

good guitar songs don't need singing rrreeeee

I found improvising with other players to be great for creativity and composition, but if you have a solo project going on I don't know how much helpful jamming would be.
The folks you jam with also have to be open to improvisation.
When you start bringing a recorder to jams, and listen back to the bootlegs, you might find something worth being polished and reworked.
Music theory is the subtle witness of the process.
And, don't worry, you'll pull something out of your instrument eventually, it's gonna be good, don't judge it too harshly, that's a serious problem of the most

i don't even have an amp

>songs don't need singing

Wut

I'm dying

When don't Western scales ever jump by more than one whole step?

Improvising is key. I can sit there all day any day making up melodies and chord progressions. I'm like a drum machine for music.

well instrumentals don't :^)

Oops I posted this in the wrong thread:

If I do this every day for the next 100 days, increasing BPM by 1 every day, will I b cum gud?

clyp.it/qu0gznx2

Well do he sing in instrumentals? no?

Take your ritalin pill and calm down

same here, unfortunately I have to record all the shit otherwise I totally forget it

Deliver some

ye

youtu.be/hOuWSc2og3g
Only video I have of me. All improvised off the top of my head.

>CHEAP ASS ELECTRONICS AND PICKUPS
The trashcan, NOW.

Another video of this guy

What other beginner techniques should you use to play songs?

are you going to throw a rage fit like the last time when people are going to criticize you again ?

That's cute.

How the fuck do you even play the last part of Mirrors of 21st Century Schizoid Man without tapping or pulling off.

What the fuck.

The meat box can be a bitch but in my board I run it through the line selector, A/B mix it with the Korg G5. It really fattens up the synth tones without blowing shit up if you can get the balance right
Thank you friendo. My main bass is a 2011 Rick 4003, but I've got an '06 Japanese Jag and a '68 Hagstrom Coronado when I want to spice things up. Then to a Peavey Firebass 700 with an ampeg 810 or a 70's Randall 215 depending on the venue

>Rick through that rig

You can't tell over the internet but I'm as jealous as can ever be.

>15▶
>
>nonsensical shredding

what's the fucking point

Looks cool. It's getting boring looking at the same guitar body shapes that most guitar companies put out every year. Wonder about the tone.

This sounds like shit
proof that no matter how technical you can play, without creative drive, you are worthless as a guitarist

holy shit nice gear
the rick is my dream bass, I was scared of maintenance costs since I like to change strings and tuning very frequently
I'd keep one on E standard and one on C standard but that'd be too expensive

Any reason I should buy a Gibson instead of just upgrading the humbuckers in my Epiphone LP Standard?

The harmonic minor scale does

I wanna be one of the greats like Free Throw and Brave Bird

I do have a Casiotone lying around, might make use of it then

Didn't know music theory was so essential. I thought a lot of artists would just pick up a guitar and strummed whatever sounded good. I'm gonna have to learn it then

thanks!

I don't even know what those are, I have a lot of learning to do

This is proof that people would rather talk shit and be a hater because they're self conscious.

m.soundcloud.com/superjazzcolors/superjazzcolors

Creativity woah where did that come from. Don't be such a faggot.

This is really bad

I'm not saying it to put you down or feel better about myself because i'm not very good at playing music myself.

I'm just saying it so you can pick yourself up and move forward and make great music. This sounds really bad.

How do songwriters choose which tuning to use in a song?

Whoa you can use an arpeggiator

>I thought a lot of artists would just pick up a guitar and strummed whatever sounded good
Some do that, but it only gets you so far.

>$25

that's nothing, user

lemurmusic.com/Pirastro-Oliv-Gut-Bass-String-Set-GDAE/productinfo/S0230/

I am learning bass, a lot of stuff I have come across is playing up, how do I create descending chordal lines?
reversing upwards playing licks doesn't sound so right?

"Hey this tuning sounds good"

It's for this though

Evening /gg/
I'm the bassfag babbling about building a custom bass cabinet a few weeks back
Well, it's done!
Two 12" eminence delta 12B 16 ohm wired in parallel and two 12" eminence delta 12LFC 4 ohm wired in series.
Both jack and speakon inputs for each of the two circuits, cool for biamping.
The 12B can go as high as 5khz and the LFC can reach 35hz to 40hz
I've used several tools to calculate the right reflex diameter and lenght, aswell as the perfect litrage, so I did the math before you ask.

This thing sounds HUGE, great tone, great punch, and I could build this thing up with less than 700 euros, speakers included (around 360 euros)

Now I'm seriously gasing for a new all tube head, I was torn between the ampeg V4BH and the SVT VR

why ampeg? go with something exotic

like what?
I'm open to everything, not a brand whore.
I have the rock stoner blues tone in mind though, currently using the Orange terror bass 500 but I wanted something with a tube poweramp

idk something like a Sunn Model T or a Marshall Super Bass or one of the Orange bass tube amps

Oh yeah. It's probably why I don't like that diminished 2nd interval

Badass.

sub octave 5th will always be the same fret one string below the root note. Two half steps back from that and you find the forth. You are now playing through the tonic.

will check
thanks for the input

Upgrade the nut, too

I'm playing arpeggio patterns over a backing track and it doesn't sound like music but it's fun. It feels like piecing together puzzle pieces.

Guessing I can't do that myself right?

Yes you can. Buy a pre-slotted nut and sand down the bottom of it to adjust to correct height. Check youtube tutorials for the procedure.

thankyou.

trying to do advancing guitarist for the second time. i hate the unitar shit, i don't even know what i'm supposed to be doing. it feels like such a waste of time

good to see you aren't pretending to be as good as Coltrane anymore, it shows you can at least learn

tone's a bit too harsh. not pleasant to listen too. also it doesn't sound very musical. maybe that'd be less of a problem if you had another track under it

Spend as much time creating as you did playing other people's shit.

Tomorrow I'll add the handles on the sides and abs strips on the back for comfiness when moving it to gigs
Moquette on the back since I didn't want to scrach the wood

thanks user

Good beginner songs for bass?