Hey Sup Forums, so after 6 years of reading about it, thinking about it, and talking about it...

Hey Sup Forums, so after 6 years of reading about it, thinking about it, and talking about it, i finally decided to be about it. Implanted a neodymium magnet into my finger to be able to feel electromagnetic forces as a sixth sense.

So yeah, im an idiot who performed surgery on myself to implant a magnet, Ask me Anything.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tVVTSXA0HTU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Do you feel any more attractive?

That's not really a sense. It lies in the feeling/touch sense. Cool though

You have a magnet wrapped up in your band aid, dumb fuck. Take off the band aid and show us the scar.

place your hand on the fridge, rate the pain on a scale of 1-10

Take the band aid off

This.

And for all we know, he may just have a magnet being held by the bandage. Show the wound pussy.

so what now? what if your girlfriend is ironman you fucking dumb retard

Only to ferrous metals

I don't know why, but I found this extremely hilarious

inspired by cody'slab?
youtube.com/watch?v=tVVTSXA0HTU

Also did you coat the magnet in gold or something your body won't react to? If you didn't you're gonna have a bad time

Phone is dead, one moment.

I fucking hate you

if the vagina has piercings will it be pulled toward you

inspired by Lepht Anonym in some magazine years and years ago. And yeah, they are a bioproof nickel-chrome alloy. Though with the number of people breaking them and letting them reassemble on their own, i am pretty sure the neodymium itself is at least moderately bio-neutral

awkward angle to take a photo but there ya go.

1, just kind of a slight tugging, hanging shit off of it directly is like a 5 though since the wound is pretty fresh

and no bandaid, a straight pen stuck to it. i dont want to push it too much with the wound still pretty fresh. dont want it to pull out and its pretty tender.

are.. are you retarded

magnetofag

bumpo

are you retarded?

nope, bored. Very bored.

bumping this hump

was it worth it?
I was thinking of getting it done myself, my work involves plenty of live wires and it'd be nice to know without having to whip out ye old detector

Any reason you chose to put it in the side of your finger rather than the tip? Also why that particular finger?

Also also, won't you like ruin your cell phone and other electronics and shit with that?

Did you sterilize the magnet before implanting it? Was this a household magnet or something specific?

Wont know for sure till it heals up, you get more sensitivity the more it heals. Fresh you can only feel really strong fields.

what was the magnet coated in before you put it in?

The idea is that you dont want it between the pad of your finger and the bone. to protect your bone and just for comfort. And nah, did plenty of tests with a hard drive and a credit card before i implanted one. the worst it will do it fuck with the compass on my phone.

MOAR MAGIC OP
TRY AND DO A SPOON

sterilized with chloraprep and iodine. Special ordered n52 neodymium magnet electroplated with a bio-safe nickel/chrome alloy

How'd you do it

lmao op do magic shows and make easy money

Did you implant it purely by yourself?
If so, how?

NICKEL ALLOY!? Have fun with that degrading within a few weeks. Should have chemically plated it yourself in gold. Gold is one of the most biocompatible metals as most bodily chemicals can not break it down.

If you finger a girl you really would be a pussy magnet.

two youtubers have done the same (to my knowledge). Unoriginal faggot, both of them had to remove it for complications (infections) after 3-5 months.

PICK UP SOMETHING BIGGER MAGIC MAN

Rip op

buy a bunch of magnet balls or whatever and do some tricks. metal bend.

How old are you Op?

with a knife. Seriously though, i put a hairtie on the base of my finger, squeezed all the blood out of my finger till it was super pale, did a digital nerve block on it with lidocaine, thought about giving up, than did some slicing with a scalpel. made a little pocket, pushed the magnet in, and closed up the hole with a drop of surgical grade superglue

Humans and their guns smh

Are you a bloody doctor or some shit?

pretty sure the risk of metallosis from this is pretty overblown, in contact with quite a few people who had them break inside them, reassembled themselves, and left it that way for years with no complications. Also the alloy i used is the one that many replacement hips are made out of.
They were both unoriginal, its been popular in the biohacking and grinding community since the early 2000's. and i know the one youtuber i saw had his shatter, that is why mine is significantly thicker and i did shatter testing before implanting it.

Nope, just a resourceful nerd.

Put a magnet in your cock

Literal pussy magnet

while it does have enough nerve endings to work properly, ill pass. If you check out the biohacking forums though, there is at least one person who did that.

did you boil the magnet? if not you're in for a bad time.

Elaborate

neodymium magnets are very temperature sensitive, if you boil them they lose their magnetivity. sterilizing with chloraprep and iodine the same way heat sensitive surgical instruments are is plenty adequate.

:^)

>Biohacking forums
Why the hell is this a thing

Magnetshowdotheywork?.jpg

In some poor countries people are struggling just to put a few chunks of food into their move to survive. While over here, people gets bored and wondered how to put magnets into their fingers or dicks

OH YEAHHH

You're a moron.
There is no "sixth sense" - any apparent extra feeling you get is just the magnet pulling on your skin towards other stuff magnets are attracted to. The magnet cannot integrate with your nervous system.
In all likelihood, as has been the case with the majority of this idiotic nonsense, your finger will get infected. You will then go to the doctor (do not try to fix it yourself) and explain why you were such an idiot.
>tl;dr
It would be much safer for you to just tape a magnet to your finger, or put on a glove with a magnet in one of the fingertips.

put a cock in your magnet.

>spills coffee
>surgery useless
>goes to airport
>gets flagged down
>feel like dumbass

congrats

Because we never stopped to ask if we should.

If the magnet is inside you it feels like you are feeling the magnetic fields. If it's an external object it just feels like any other external object.

well it is insulated by my finger now, I doubt spilling coffee on my finger will heat up the area right next to the bone to 200 degrees. And no problems with airports either, unless they start doing MRI's at airports and that would be a little time consuming.

Faggots wanting to be dayus ex

That is bullshit. The magnet just tugs on your skin. Put on a tight glove, and you'll feel something nearly the same, without the risk of infection.

So do you not plan to go to an airport anytime soon or?

not at all, maybe to strong static fields, but their reaction to alternating current electricity is nearly imperceptible to external touch.

when they scan for metal they will see some fucked up shit in your finger. explain then

The magnet more vibrates in response to moving fields. That's what you feel with a magnetic implant. It's not the same thing as an external object.

They will think it's a bomb and rip OP

Wear a tighter glove.
Even supposing you do feel something, what do you plan on doing with that feeling? It would be a useless sense, all trouble and no worth.

I walk through a metal detector every day at work, it didnt go off for a few of these magnets in my pocket so im sure im fine.

Where do you work? doubt it has as much security

>things his workplace's metal detector is the same as an airport's metal detector

Sooo... why a magnet? Why not get something semi-useful like one of them new-fangled RFID chip thingys?
What possible use is detecting an electromagnetic field with your finger when you can get a wristband that does the same thing?

What purpose would a RFID tag serve
?

Well first off, im currently working as an electrician, so it is convenient to be able to feel where wires are behind walls, or instantly feel if something is live or not, without having to get a tool. And its fun to me. Why do anything but eat and sleep? its all useless. all trouble and no worth

The military, an aircraft carrier to be exact. Think im good.

so you work with lie wires with a piece of metal in your finger. ok op you fucking dumbass

Why an RFID tag? i can get a stamp with the exact same functionality.

Take off the baind-aid OP

I dont think you understand how electricity works. Or how it flows through a person.

Nothing external you do will feel the same. I'm not saying it's useful or worth it. I'm just saying it's comparable to another sense (we have more than five) and it is unlike an external magnet.

See

everybody knows that metal is allergic to electricity, you moron

Lots of stuff now. Use them to unlock the house, start the car, pay for stuff... umm... other stuff, I guess....

I did say semi-useful. More useful than sticking a spoon to your damn finger

exactly, to feel it externally would take a MUCH bigger magnet anyway. mine have a .96 pound max pull, it would take like a 80 - 120 max pull to feel noticeable vibrations from standard AC.

see

>Pay for stuff
will be interesting explaining to the cashier

allergic? Now im sure you dont know how electrical shock works.

An nfc chip is next though, getting a group buy together with some people to bulk order some ones already encapsulated in glass.

OP you should replace your bones with steel rods

some day

Magnets, OP, how do they work?

OP is the start of the augs.

Our bones can become stronger

"So how will you be paying today, sir?"
"By finger, thankyou."

But Hell, I know a dude who just puts his hand on the scanner. Uses an ATM the same way.
And that's in Australia... we're practically 3rd world as far as tech goes.