/actressgeneral/

So who's your favourite working actress currently? Not your waifu! But your favourite actress for her acting ability?

so many actor threads on here about time we celebrated the talented females amongst us.

Mine is pic related. I always buying what she's selling. Such an excellent actress.

Probably amy Adams

La Binoche

Probably Cate Blanchett.

Peaked too early

Man I know Sup Forums is going to crucify me me but I absolutely loved JLaw in Winters Bone. I'll watch basically any piece of trash she's in to get a glimpse of that performance

She is a terrific actress, seriously gifted. Recently killed it in Maps to the Stars.

Elisabeth Moss is up there for me. Mad Men, The One I Love, and especially the recent Queen of Earth.

And of course Cate. Blue Jasmine was Gena Rowlands tier virtuoso performance.

Something tells me this thread will not last long though.

elle is my favorite actress. she fulfills the promise of her older sister and surpasses it.

also inb4 404

She captured me as Dottie

I enjoyed her in Blue and Certified Copy, what else is essential Binoche?

I've only seen the hunger games and that gangster ish film with Christian bale. Thought she was damn good in both!

What's her other essential stuff to watch then?

Emily blunt
Jessica biel
Emma Roberts
Emma Watson
Jessica Chastain
Melissa benoist
Elizabeth Olsen
Annasophia Robb
Brie Larson
Ronan

Just to name a few

I hope it doesn't 404.

>THIS IS NOT A WAIFU THREAD

Clouds of Sils Maria recently was a 9/10 movie.

Silver Linings Playbook was a great performance.

>Silver Linings Playbook

Always stayed away coz it's a romcom. Is it worth it then? 4chans recs not always the best.

>working currently
>for acting ability
>not waifu

Still, it's an actress thread, it's on borrowed time.

Keri Russel is doing amazing work on The Americans

Emily Watson in Breaking the waves is the most amazing performance Ive ever seen from an actress,in PDL as well,too bad shes been a lot of shit movies since then and shes keep appearing in shit movies
Cate Blanchett is the best actress working today tb h shes been in tons of good films and everytime shes delivered

it's not just her divien feet, i legitimately enjoy emma stone's performances and watch every movie she's in

Sarah Paulson was amazing on American Crime Story: The People vs. OJ Simpson aka Acting Clinic: The Televisual Kinography

Thought she was sooooooo believable in Nightcrawler.

*divine

>Cate
Goddess tier taste.

Also i remembered back when it was 2011?
I watched like crazy. Everyone who watched it said that all the actors in it are shit, no chemistry at all between the lead actors but they all agree that the best thing in the movie is pre-fame jlaw. She showed superior acting skills than any actors in it lol.

>her divien feet
thanks you just 404 it

why, does redditjanny not like typos?

he heheheh heh they're such good actresses :)

>Clouds of Sils Maria recently was a 9/10 movie.

I've wondered about this, and read varying reviews, but will check it out for her, thanks.

I have multiple favorite actresses

Kate beckinsale deserved to get more action roles, rather Han them going to scarjo due to capeshit Magic