Had Sup Forums existed in the 80's would he have been a shitposter here?

Had Sup Forums existed in the 80's would he have been a shitposter here?

Other urls found in this thread:

hollowverse.com/kurt-cobain/
youtu.be/qWc0qXu9VRc
youtube.com/watch?v=Rvjw5xJF8WQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i used to hate him until sonic youth praised him

am i a drone

How the fuck are we supposed to know that? Fuck you

I can picture him being more of a lurker.

yes

Yes. He'd have posted the then-obscure bands he liked in rec threads, he'd complain about synthpop and glam metal sucking, and he'd have shilled Bleach.

I think he would, yeah.

yeah, and he would deny coming here like he pretended his first concert wasn't van halen

No. He would have a tumblr though.

This.
He would also make a bandcamp threads all the fucking day.

well if we had internet in the 80s his music career wouldn't have existed

I imagine he would talk about Daniel Johnston a lot.

and later, people would treat Nevermind like they treat Blurryface now, which would be a minor contributing factor in his suicide

No, he'd think Sup Forums is "the big bad" like most liberals of his type do.

him? no. courtney would in secret tho

STOP THE 21 PILOTS MEME.

Kate Bush would be the most controversial female artist on Sup Forums. People would argue non stop about which album of her is the best.

His first concert was probably Kiss, he had their logo painted on the side of his tour bus.

nah , he wouldn't have got on well here.

Have you seen all the stuff he wrote about hating jocks and cheerleaders?

He probably would have found /r9k/ and never even bothered to make anything.

I lurk here from time to time, sure.

"And I'd just like to remind you all. If any of you hate women, homosexuals, or people of color, then stay the fuck away from us. Don't buy our music and don't come to our shows."

He would've probably posted on /daily/.

This quote shouldn't bother anyone at all unless you do hate women, are a homophobe and do, in fact, hate people of color.

I wouldn't want to be around anyone like this in general. But having to perform to them?

he'd be scared of the le big bad alt-right boogeyman

except that didnt exist in the 80s so what are you talking about?

if Sup Forums existed in the 80s it would have
Sup Forums invented that "ideology"

Just going to leave this here.

It has more to do with the fact that it is an obvious attempt to illicit cheers and support for the band. I'll admit is jarring when your listening to live event that just a second ago was far from politicized.

except that wasnt ops hypothetical, autistic retard

Not him but calling someone an autistic retard.. isn't that an oxymoron

No, he was easily offended and likes to portray himself as someone that "fought for the rights of the oppressed"
He was a lot more suited to Facebook and Twitter.

Steve Albini would've been the shitpost king of 80's Sup Forums.

Richard would definitely be shitposting on Sup Forums during the late 80s. Maybe participating in YMO and Acid threads.

Old Usenet forums are probably the closest thing to Sup Forums existing in the 80s.

>there was an internet decades ago

stop the presses!

He'd lurk, but definitely be here. Although I feel like he'd be privy to starting a shit ton of arguments in /gg/ and rec threads.

Guy fucking loved guns and offending people, he'd have no problems being here. The fact that regular society hates this place would at least get him to check it out.

kurt would have been a tumblr kiddo who was so far up his own ass that he would have thought he was too good to use Sup Forums because Sup Forums and Sup Forums scared him off with their relentless shitposting

>raping a slave - swans
So he literally just likes that one song?

>Guy fucking loved guns
that always struck me as weird
he was basically a proto SJW, tumblr before tumblr really, but didn't seem to be the gun grabber type

>liberals
When did he say he was liberal? Genuinely asking because as far as I know he's never made his political views known. He has stated opinions on certain issues, I guess, but I don't remember him saying he was liberal.

>didn't seem to be the gun grabber type
but he really was, wasn't he?

considering courtney killed him i think she was the gun grabber in the relationship

Hounds of Love.

Sup Forums is a terrible site though

Lmao you need to get some air you've been on pol way too fucking much

I'm glad I know about this now, holy fuck this is weird.

a sharethread lurker

if Sup Forums existed back then it would have been full of his type of people since Sup Forums is just contrarianism

There is no mention whether he is a liberal or not in that.

>stop using words i don't like
stop posting

Explain how that isn't true

its another name for the young god EP

Go back to pol and reddit you fucking loser

Sup Forums is for keks/lulz not necessarily contrarian

>shitposting with steve and the slint boys back in the late 80s
would have been the dream

you're the redditor here dweeb

>mad ugly 14 year old reddior angry at liberals

hollowverse.com/kurt-cobain/

Bleach was released in 1989.

has there ever been a more mainstream edgy artist

>those forehead scars

was their anything better than when Kurt was going in hard on the H?

>"Cobain had a very liberal, anti-establishment attitude, but really no political convictions."
>"no political convictions."

Nevermind [DGC, 1991]

After years of hair-flailing sludge that occasionally achieved song form on singles that no normal person ever heard, Seattle has finally produced some proper post-punk in the person of resident genius Kurt Cobain. Riff-verse-bad solo-chord change, the kind of sloppy, tuneful music that represents what hard rock was generally understood to be before metal moved in. They make it seem so simple, and it's a shame the lesson will all be forgotten again in a few years. A-

>he's never made his political views known
You're memeing. He was an SJW.

Not until recently.

Could be acne scars

these are the worst replies i've ever seen

I'm not disputing whether he was an SJW or not, just whether he was a liberal or not.

Is Nirvana really considered edgy? I can only name one song that could be said to be edgy. I do understand most of their fanbase consists of 13 year olds

nice trips, I think the line is kind of blurred. there weren't and still aren't really any far left candidates for a lot of SJWs to get behind so they just say they don't have convictions, but they likely would if there were candidates that represented their beliefs

from someone that hunts liberals on the internet that's hilarious

im talking more about him. after reading all these journal entries it's really strange that he was 27 when he died and not 17

>hunts liberals
all i did was call a spade a spade

yes, and the trips don't lie

refute anything in that picture

is that a Mateba?

People seemed more open to ideas then. Now you have people calling others edgy for having an opinion they disagree with

truly unique and amazing ideas rattling up there.

I wholeheartedly agree with all of his statements

Yes, let's keep picking apart his private journals that he wrote years ago that should have never been made public.

who gives a shit he's dead

>Shaggs

he really was the original avant-teen

"Where are the legendary artists of today? Going down the list, I can name Elvis, the Beatles, the Rolling Stones, Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, Michael Jackson. But after about 1984, who is there? And you can't say Nirvana because releasing two albums and then killing yourself doesn't make you a legendary artist."

are these spelling errors intentional? they're dumb as fuck

damn this is some next level faggotry
he really is proto tumblr

yea, lets all listen to gene simmons everyone.

What a lard ass
youtu.be/qWc0qXu9VRc

Now Gene Simmons is redpill alpha male personified.

>fucked hundreds of groupies
>wrote songs about fucking groupies
>married a Playboy bunny
>worships capitalism and getting rich

>you can't say Nirvana because releasing two albums and then killing yourself doesn't make you a legendary artist."
i mean kiss sucks but thats pretty based

>two albums

they don't really suck but you sure like to suck gene's hairy ass

>I use bits and pieces of others personalities to form my own.
Did Cobain like Talking Heads?
youtube.com/watch?v=Rvjw5xJF8WQ

Simmons and Stanley were among those interviewed in "The Decline of Western Civilization: The Metal Years", but since when have Kiss ever been metal? I think most people would consider them as hard rock.

why are u so mad friend

Too bad he made incredibly shitty music.

i've got an angry,ugly tattoo'd virgin cyberstalking me. not mad just disturbed and creeped out. hes got a huge man crush for me