This is easily the most overrated bowie project

This is easily the most overrated bowie project

Wrong, though...

This is easily the most retarded OP

Yeah it's good but I don't know why people seem to think it's some sort of experimental masterpiece

this
no one thinks that

this

its like low but better

um, i wouldn't say Station to Station is like Low at all. in any way. ever. Station to Station mixes his YA funk with rock. Low deconstructs rock, fuses krautrock with Bowie and Eno experiments, eliminating all the funk elements of the previous album. not to mention the lyrical content, which went completely bonkers with Low. no, they're nearly complete opposites, mate. what you smoking?

le death album

nah. his most overrated projects are the dance albums post-Let's Dance: Tonight and Never Let Me Down. i'd include Earthling, but that's my personal tastes. that dnb is so damn dated it hurts my feelings Bowie misstepped so badly.

>dated being a bad thing

You're silly. You're a silly man.

well, yes, I am, but that's beside the point. lol. Earthling is just a bad album. not as bad as the other two i mentioned, which, come to think of it, were never rated highly in the first place so probably a mistake on my part calling them overrated. so i maintain Earthling is his most overrated album. apart from Little Wonder and I'm Afraid of Americans, there isn't a song on there worth listening to. maybe Dead Man Walking on a rainy day.

LOL! YOU PUT "LE" IN FRONT OF THE CENTRAL THEME OF THE ALBUM! YOU COMPLETELY DELEGITIMIZED THE ALBUM! EPIC LOLS XD!

I highly suggest another listen man.

(t. Biased as fuck because earthling is my favorite album)

*second favorite Bowie album

It's not great, but I like the first track.

Bowie is such a big artist though, so any album could be someone's favorite you know?

I'm a Low/Heroes/Scary Monsters guy, personally. I assume plenty of people on this board find those to be their favorites too.

who the hell underrates ziggy stardust
its a universal list-topper

nah, i realize it's a personal bias on my end, too. i'm a huge fan of Outside, though, which is a superior production in nearly every way, according to my ears, and have been forever remiss bowie and eno didn't continue with the project. i just don't think there's much to the songs on Earthling, either, apart from the ones i already mentioned.

the thread says overrated, dumbass

Yeah. That's the problem.
It's good but does it REALLY deserve top spot every single time? Hell its not even his best 70s album. Nowhere near.

I'm trying to love outside more but there's just so much god damn filller. It's good but...that's it. Just good.

I once wrote an alternate track list for it that cut a lot of stuff and another user told me was great.

shit i thought the OP said underrated

you have to do cocaine to fully understand it

le triggered

But it is his best album, and one of the best rock albums of all time. It's just getting flack from hipsters for not being "experimental" enough. It is a incredibly passionate and beautiful record. It's not overrated in the slightest, it's getting the praise it deserves. If anything, Low is overrated.

>le cocaine meme
>le krautrock meme
>le bowie is good meme

shit, that was me, mate. goddamnit, we gotta stop meeting like this. lol.

i'd say the filler adds to the mystique of the album (Outside). as i think i've mentioned before, i consider it more an avant-garde performance art piece, part musical, part cyberpunk noir murder mystery play. it's a journey and part of that journey is ebbs and flows. plus, i simply love listening to bowie do the characters.

Nope...its a classic. Only dud is It Ain't Easy and thats a cover song. Within the context of the album its not that bad tho. Should have been replaced by 'Sweet Head'.

>le
>meme
kys

Look, I'm not saying it's NOT a good album, far from it, it's amazing. And I'm not saying it's not passionate or beautiful.

I'm just saying when compared to Aladdin Sane, Hunky Dory, Diamond Dogs, and even later stuff like Heathen, it's hard to choose that one as the top one.

Nonetheless they are ALL amazing albums.

>shit, that was me, mate. goddamnit, we gotta stop meeting like this
Oh. Howdy again. I like meeting you like this.

Also I got an idea:

What if Outside and Diamond Dogs were combined? That could be interesting.

Its closer to a cross between Young Americans and Diamond Dogs...

I'm not. saying. It's not. a classic.
I'm saying IN COMPARISON to other 70s works it's hard to choose that as the top one.

You did get one thing right though....

>Only dud is It Ain't Easy
Dead on, buddy. Dead on.

Fair Enough. Diamond Dogs is my personal favorite. But I do think Ziggy is better than Hunky Dory and Aladdin Sane

>Diamond Dogs is my personal favorite
And again, THAT, we agree on.

How do you rate The Next Day?

Regardless I think we can all agree Teenage Wildlife is a top 10 Bowie track right?

In general?
Towards the bottom of my 'bowie best to worst' list. Nothing special but not a BAD album per say.

It's about a 7 or 8 out of 10, I would say. (leaning more towards 7)

Most underrated Bowie incoming

>What if Outside and Diamond Dogs were combined? That could be interesting.
hmm, damn, those two albums exist in different compartments in my headspace. i gotta examine that. you might be on to something, though. both have dystopian narratives, right? those 1984 songs are kind of too specific to be included in the Outside narrative, though.

if i recall correctly, i think Momus did some mashing of older and newer Bowie songs - like some Berlin songs with the Iggy albums - some time ago. might have to look up what he completed.

which is the one brian eno co-produced?

because that is the best

>towards the bottom of Bowie's album
>a 7 at worst
Kill yourself you fucking delusional faggot

Hostile.

They're both concept albums with dark storylines so we could definitely make something interesting combining the two.

And MAYBE something else from some of Bowie's darker albums? Maybe one of the Low instrumentals (but it would be mostly DD and Outside)

Low
Heroes
Lodger
Outside

I'm getting ideas boys! Hang on I'm makin a list!

Eh, ehhh?
How's this?

(Couldn't think of a good album title, sorry)

hmm, not too fond of it. maybe it's b/c it mixes too many albums and Bowie periods. i also don't see why Hallo Spaceboy would nearly close it off. Heroes might make a good penultimate song, before Strangers. just my two cents. great name, though.

Fuck. I knew I should have done Heroes instead...
My bad man.

Buddha of Suburbia and 'Hours...' are more underrated I think. Most people don't even bother to listen to BoS, it should've never been called a soundtrack, only the title track was used in the show. Even Bowie counted it as a studio album.

well, Heroes does close out Lazarus, so there's that. if you want to conclude it in a darker sense, maybe there's another song more fitting, like Loving the Alien or Sound and Vision. all up to you, mate, it's your list.

yeah, Buddha is definitely it, i'd say. i always forget about it, too. great album, lackluster production. i wish it'd get a remaster soon.

What the fuck are you DOING

Nab man I appreciate the criticism. I'm trying to stick to the eno albums + Diamond Dogs.

Any parts of the order you DO like? cause unless told otherwise I'm just gonna keep the first few tracks and re-do everything afterwards.

I don't even fucking know anymore, man.

i think i'd have to listen to them in this order and right now they're giving a really good biography on Sydney Lumet i'm watching on pbs, so maybe i'll chime in some other time. have fun, mate.

Oh, alright, let me know what you think of the order next time.

I know he contributed a lot but Brian Eno only co-produced Outside. Tony Visconti co-produced the Berlin trilogy.

yeah, that's always forgotten. while Eno sort of directed the sessions, Visconti was there to i'd say hone them, or keep Eno and Bowie on track. Eno can go bonkers in directions not really conducive to the betterment of the recording artist - just listen to the James album he did, or even The Leon Suites. Visconti is really the unsung hero of most of Bowie's better recordings.