WTF did I just watch?

WTF did I just watch?
Does this flick promote fascism? How is this allowed?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FoPTPe33PQY
youtube.com/watch?v=EBxgrr0wL8M
youtube.com/watch?v=zRlfbUr852o
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

wtf i hate neil patrick harris now

>Hating Starship Troopers
End yourself leftist cunt

it's satire pleb

Inb4 hurr hurr its satire

Ok fags what part specifically of a fascist regime is the movie criticizing or lampooning???

Its satire, Congrats you are cultural retard

Heinlein was a genius you cocksucker.

>source material is great science fiction that raises deep moral questions
>movie is limp-wristed leftist faggot making a parody of facism

Why are liberals so awful?

>haha it was a prank bro
At least they had to show the federation has some flaws, the fascists literally do nothing wrong in this movie

Not only that but our military made him mandatory reading for many many years.

Look reddit, it was a book first.

>it's satire

Then why is the teachers speech in the beginning the most based speech in the history of film?

Watch Triumph of The Will or clips of it and youll see the lampooning of that propaganda

You dense mother fucker

>left wingers
>too thick to realise the film was an attempted parody of fascism that failed miserably

Why are you allowed to post here?

>satire
it predicted the turkroach invasion of europe by 19 years

This thread holy shit
It's not meant to be a malicious attack on right wing ideals, it just subtly parodies things like propaganda and jingoism

Its paying homage or coopting 30s 40s us and nazi propaganda tactics

Its not criticizing those tactics its utilizing them to make a scifi propaganda peice of its own

Homage=/=satire there needs to be criticism present too and there is none of that in this movie

Not even parody m8 it activley pays homage to them there is no criticism of totalitarion or militiristic ideals

everything you stupid fucker

I Have no argument or Support: THE POST

It's pretty much Sup Forums:the movie

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

It's thinking like in that speech that lead Hitler to build the Berlin wall to keep Jews out.

There's nothing subtle going on this movie.

>this thread

>this thread

Because if it hit you over the head with FACISM BAD then the movie becomes a retarded mouthpiece. At least in this way when people put the connections together, they'll feel like they actually learned something instead of being spoonfed what to think or feel.

and your point is?

Hitler was bad!

>humans are the bad guys
>the entire audience didn't understand and cheered for the humans but also didn't like their outfits because Nazis

It's satire you fucking nitwit

hmm I wonder who could be behind this post

>WTF did I just watch?
One of the best movies ever made you fucking plebshit

starship troopers > aliens
prove me wrong

Well nothing in the movies shows the putfalls or idiosyncracies of facism. In fact everytging ends pretty good for everyone

No Brazil? That was a satire. Why? Because unlike sst it showed the ridiculousness of an over beirocratozed society where a guy was lilled because of something as ridiculous as a fly in a printing press. The propaganda tactics in sst don't lead to anything bad or negative they operate exactly as intended as trimphant and great.

A propaganda peice with no lampooning or malintent

So why do most people at first watch have absolutely no idea of the director's intended subtext?

i can't, it's objectively one of the best sci-fi films of all time. Aliens is a generic shitty non-atmospheric semi-slasher piece of shit

>beirocratozed
I can't help but laugh at this misspelling.

Yes, I'm sure the Dutch Jew director who lived through the second world war had nothing critical to say about the Nazis. It's just stylistic pastiche!

please note:
the bug strikes are a false flag

You really don't see how ridiculous was their society?

Are you going to cry about it on reddit ?

Because most people are idiots.

>Argentina
>white

they murdered bugs for no reason even after a defense solution was found

>thinking that pussy handholding politics are powerfull enough to unite humankind in a war against an alien race that wants to wipe them out.

In face of extinction only a few ways of governing would work.

Starship Troopers, movie which has less than nothing to do with the book of the same name, but which was a shitty book.

Movie has much more in common with the book Armor, which was good.

In other words, good movie.

>disable his hand

The only issue Jews have with the Nazis is that they were targeted. Why do you think they based Israel on it?

>inb4 the destruction of Buenos Aires was not an attack of the bugs
You liberal bug apologists make me sick. How many more of us have to die?

The film was originally going to be the story of Nazi friends through the 1930s and 1940s. That should say enough.

>pitfalls of fascism

Besides the fact that it threw away hundreds of thousands of lives in one hour, and threw away so many casualties they had to start using child soldiers against the bugs? Besides that it's implied humanity is losing, despite capturing a brain bug? Do they really expect that to turn the war around?

Have you been to Argentina?

Because unlike a lot of Verhoeven's movies, the thing being satirized isn't explicitly shown being in the wrong. You have to dig that out yourself.

Yeah. I was a journalist during the Falklands War and took this picture.

>Does this flick promote fascism? How is this allowed?
Its promotes an SJW utopia, where all races and genders are completely equal.

The form of government is Stratocracy you pleb,
which is a militarily-based democracy, where
the legislative-electoral system is based on
the military, which is the backbone of government.

At no point of this film was the ideological system of fascism apparent. People just confuse emphasis on military with totalitarianism.

>Stellaris retard

Like Valkyria Chronicles. In that game every citizen is required to join the military and their schools are borderline military academies. And all citizens find glory in this, even if they abhor war, understanding that not everyone thinks like them and it is their right to protect their nation so they do. Systematically.

Like we graduate with honors in biology or mathematics, people in that game can graduate with honors in field medicine or tactical analysis.

Their nation is also a shining beacon on civilization when other more ruthless military nations are shown wanting. The people in that game are happy to serve their country and defend its values.

They understand personal sacrifice for stability and security.

>The bugs are winning

Nigga we have a brain bug now. The war is all but won

If you think this film promotes fascism, then you're the brunt of the joke.

THat is why all the protagonists are white. Are you sure you haven't got this confused with Star Trek?

>RICO
>ARHGAH
>RICO
>YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO

oh yeah, well I'm rubber, you are glue

eat that

Let me guess, it's a game made by the delusional Japanese?

>A NIGGER! LOOK, THERE'S A NIGGER! HE'S A NIGGER! HE'S A NIGGER! HE'S A NIGGER! THROW HIS ASS OUT! HE'S A NIGGER! "CRACKER-ASS"? ARE YOU CALLING ME A CRACKER-ASS, NIGGER? ARE YOU THREATENING ME, NIGGER?

What did he mean by this?

People born after 2000 are a fucking plague...

youtube.com/watch?v=FoPTPe33PQY

here's one scene for starters.

nub

It's supposed to be a parody of the source material because the director is a cuck, but the ideas resonate so strongly with people that people actually like it.
What is wrong with fascism anyway?
People only dislike it because they have been told it's bad.

>2000

90s millennial detected

Nothing if you hate your own freedom.

Effective satire doesn't do that.

Are you fucking retarded? Do you not understand satire AT ALL unless it has some niggers screaming in it or something?

>Democracy
>Freedums
pick 1

It's tongue in cheek Satire you dumb nigger

it was 19 years ago bro

we hadn't gone full sjw yet

man i miss the 90's

>There are people that unironically believe that it's BAD to have to serve in the military to get to vote

Daily Mail tier bait. End yourself fool.

starship troopers is the greatest film ever, to the casual pleb it's just a shoot all of the aliens action movie.
but to patrician viewers like myself the rest of Sup Forums it's clearly a multilayered satire on an overly authoritarian society.

That's satire too

Prophetic.

youtube.com/watch?v=EBxgrr0wL8M

I actually like that idea from the speach at the beginning of the difference between a citizen and civilians.

"Something given has no value!" that is so much true.

It's tongue in cheek Satire you dumb nigger

It isn't satire when it is true. Have you ever been on Berlin or Munich or London? I would give my right arm if someone wake up and send all this turkoraches back to their shitty country.

This user is onto something. Sure, the offensive failed and lots of people died, but the movie never learned from this. Did any major characters die? No. Did any of them show signs of mental trauma or disillusionment after going through that bloodbath? No. Was the government forced to reconsider its feckless pro-war policy? No. Did the movie shift in tone even slightly? No. It went on to have more mindless battles, and even gave the fascists a happy ending. We only saw one character who wasn't intent on cheerfully marching to his demise, and he was portrayed as a snivelling coward who got a borderline comedic death.

Satire my ass. It's a hacky sci-fi flick, nothing more.

The EU is just a prank bro, calm down

(But seriously, thank Christ we're getting out in June)

Thats the point!!!!!

Jesus, how dense are you you! Its a propaganda movie in itself! The alst broadcast of them showing off their new tech, the steady success in the war and another recruitment offensive is just the cherry on top.

Is it clever? No. But it gives an already entertainign sci-fi flick a needed edge and its fitting with its themes.

>if it doesn't show negative consequences in the piece it can't be satire, cultural context doesn't exist because I've never read a book and am completely ignorant of both history and contemporary events
Just go to bed, it's nap time for 8 year olds

>it's an "if I insult this person and call him underage I win the argument" post

Satire has to do something other than just portraying the subject matter straight. Otherwise everything would be satirising itself. Starship Troopers never satirises the subject, it's a straightforward action flick.

>your waifus
>democracy
pick both
>your waifus
>fascism
pick one
we all know what choice you are going to make, son

They'll do everything they can to cheat you out of leaving. Good luck.

I forgot how much I love this movie.

I don't even give a shit about voting. It doesn't matter who's president. Give me something I actually care about.

>Satire has to do something other than just portraying the subject matter straight.
What do you mean by something other? Be more concise to get your point across user.

>you can't have fascist and waifus

Hitler was a waifuist.

youtube.com/watch?v=zRlfbUr852o

are you legitimately retarded?

Let's take a modest proposal, one of the more famous works of satire: at no point in the essay does swift stop being relentlessly positive in extolling the virtues of eating Irish babies, he spends the entire time talking up the idea like it was the bees knees. He never takes a break to explain how bad it is or all the bad things that happened to the people who ate Irish children.

Thinking you need to break your satire down to explain why the thing you're satirizing is bad is satire for little fucking babies. Like you. Enjoy your nap.

>they fell for the satire meme

Who exactly would 'disallow' it?

>There are people who believe a lie which is created to get more fresh meat for the grinder.

democracy was a mistake

A great movie.
just don't, i say again, don't watch number 2 and 3.