What do you think happened Monday morning?

What do you think happened Monday morning?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uL_C29H-bYo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Self bump

The only ones that'd hang would probably be the nerd and loser, and the jock and 'new' girl

Nothing. They probaly went right back to heir old ways. Maybe Claire snuck over to Bender's the following friday and got fingered in the garage next to where the paint spilled.

They went on to do other films. Emilio for example did young guns.

I think nothing changed.

Tuff Guy : Went on to invent a new fuel system for motorcycles, now a millionaire.
Jock : Got to college, realized he wasn't as good as he thought. Became Plumber.
Princess : Married for money, spends most time drinking and fucking younger guys.
Nerd : Created software where people could meet other people, become their friend and be sociably accepted. Sold company, is now Billionaire.
Weirdo : Became an Actress, spends most time being fap material in celeb threads.

So... everyone but the edgey guy?

Holy shit! I forgot about these guys!

what was the name of the club again?

can someone shoop the nerd kids head onto everyone elses

The chicken bacon club

The School Suspension Club

kek’d
nice, bro. that was clever.

I agree with this man.

Old fag here, do any of you Millennials relate to this film at all?

Nah highschool wasn't cliquey here

And where was "here", may I ask?

Krautfag here, are American schools really like that?

Yes, at least when I was in high school back in the 80's. Like I said, Old Fag here.

Australia, just a few years ago

Don't you ever talk about my friends! You don't know any of my friends, you don't look at any of my friends and you certainly wouldn't condescend to speak to any of my friends, so you just stick to the things you know: shopping, nail polish, your father's BMW and your poor-rich-drunk mother in the Caribbean!

Seems legit

Chikin

I need to watch this again thanks for the reminder OP

Fellow oldfag in agreement.

If school isn't like this anymore (at least according to this thread) I wonder why the movie remains popular with younguns.

I'm 19 and watched it and didn't really resonate with it

Are you American?

Nope

jewish/israel

Might have something to do with it.

yeah a forced draft and having religion shoved down your throat your whole life would do that.

I'd say the biggest difference is that while they cared about image it didn't really occur here, not saying we didn't have nerds and jocks and that, but that they all hung together

No. Not at all. I watched this movie for the first time yesterday. I was extremely disappointed. Waaaaaay overhyped. High school is nothing like that, and the ending is just retarded.

So /fa/

Explain to this OldFag how high school is different now. I'm really curious.

Oh man I related with this movie so much when I saw it like 5 years ago.

The american tv cliché highschool still kinda exists, but it barely existed at all mind you all the years back. I got to kinda experience it through changing highschool 4 times.

Nowadays it's just kids trying to be 2kool4skool and staring into your phone.

Im a different user and graduated over a year ago (im 19 for context). If the way the 5 teens said what happened in high school is what happened in the 80s then its very different now. I like the movie for what it is. Do I love it? No. I think it gets a lot of attention when there are far better movies. There arent really cliques. Just groups of friends that are different people but have common interests

I always had a really big crush on Allison. Do you think it is because I can identify with her being an outsider/autistic/shy/weird and someone with low enough standards to give me a chance? I guess it helps that she is cute as fuck and I have a thing for that length of hair. I isn't really a sexual thing, I just want to have someone who wouldn't think me being socially retarded is that out of place, someone to hang out with without having to fill in those awkward silences with anxious small talk. I might just be really lonely.

They forget about me

OldFag here. Yes, I was thinking she's Sup Forums personified ......well, to some degree. I would think more of you youngins would be drawn to her character.

She just has that "outsider" vibe that makes me think we could confide in each other and not have to worry about all the bullshit that is going on in highschool.

Thanks for taking the time to reply, I'm off to bed now. And remember this: I was 30 years old when I stumbled upon Sup Forums while looking for uncensored 9/11 photos back in 2003. You'll be an Old Fag one day, too! Don't you.......forget about me.....

People don't fall into strict stereotypes like they do in that movie, and they don't form cliques around said stereotypes. For example, I never once heard the word "jock" used by anyone to describe anyone in my high school. In fact, whenever I hear someone identify their high-school-self as a jock, nerd, princess, whatever, it really makes me cringe because they ACTUALLY believe high school is like Hollywood's depiction of it. It's kind of funny that they have such a lack of identity that they choose to view themselves as one of the Hollywood archetypes.

>weed terminology in the 80s
youtube.com/watch?v=uL_C29H-bYo

bump

>blaming Hollywood for everything

What you fail to understand is that it was like that in the past. Just because things aren't that way now doesn't mean they never were.

You would know better than me, but if that's the case, I feel sorry for your generation.

Highschool wasn't as black and white as that but I could defiantly see some form of cliques. There was the "jocks" who never used that word, but were the athletic type and went to parties and shit. The "nerds" who would hang out in the computer lab and be generally autistic (this was me), the "popular kids" who were mainly absorbed cunts, etc. The lines were not absolute though, I had friends that were "jocks" and "popular" but you could definitely see where the main friend groups would fall into.

Then you've missed the message of the film entirely.

I am 19 (a year out of highschool) for clarification.

I don't know, that still sounds pretty black and white to me. Maybe less factions of cliques, but cliques none-the-less.

What's the film's message?

"Don't mess with the bull, young man."

Care to elaborate?

"You'll get the horns."

the thing is the different cliques wouldn't really try to stay away from eachother, it is just the people in the would gravitate to people with the same personality/interests so they would naturally form. I feel like when people think of cliques they think of some sort of hostility between the different groups.

10/10

Lol. I mean could you explain how that sums up the movie's message? I didn't even think the movie had a real message...

You don't talk about it

I think it was a joke. I would say the major theme would been teen angst and one of the big messages would be something along the lines of "Die young" as almost all of the older people in the movie a cunts

bamp

come on Sup Forumsros I don't want to go to bed

Oldfag does not equal an old person

I like to think that at some point in the movie they all fucked, they just didn't show it.

school shooting

>weirdo and jock fuck
>princes and rebel fuck
>nerd watches for a little bit but then gets overwhelmed with sadness and leaves, later killing himself with his dads .22

They all moved back into their social circles.

Except the redhead who started dating the criminal to get back at daddy

The led to her becoming pregnant at 16

Her family disowns her and the criminal, not wanting to be like his dad, gets a job to raise his offspring right.

After getting laid off returns to crime and drinking

Beating his wife one night because there is no money he decides to rob a liquor store

He is busted and jailed for 20 years

His now teenage wife and kid are destitute.

She turns to stripping and then to prostitution

The child is taken away once she is busted for coke and then meth use

The criminal returns from his prison stint to find a fat whore and no son.

He unleashes all his anger on her (left over from years of being a prison bitch) and kills her

He goes to the lethal injection.

The son is adopted by a wealthy Jewish family and rises in political circles.

One day he even becomes president.