Why did the Silent Hill movies have Pyramid Head even though they are based on Silent Hill 1 and 3?

Why did the Silent Hill movies have Pyramid Head even though they are based on Silent Hill 1 and 3?

Because they're shit.

Because movies are visual and Pyramid Head is a visual character that is unsettling.

>why are movies based on video games bad?

Haven't this been discussed already?

Cause he's most known SH character and first movie doesn't follow story from 1 and 3 that much.

>Genderbend Harry because apparently no one would believe a father would be so invested in saving his daughter

Ey, fuck you

It's not like gender of Harry was important, story wasn't even about him.

because the movie was adapting the aesthetic of the games, the surface affectation, and not the story. so pyramid head's role as james's punisher is disregarded and he's used simply because he looks cool

still liked the aesthetic of the movie enough to not care about that

First one was great. Is the second one worth a watch?

Because he's KEWL

Not really.

>tfw they will never faithfully adapt your favorite game, SH2, into a disturbingly depressing slow burning and weird psycological horror film
its literally the best story in all of games and one of the only that could really work as its own film

fanservice

Theres a huge connection to James that has serious plot relevance in the game, Pyramid head looks great wherever he is but if he couldve had real plot connection and motivation, i feel the film wouldve been much better

The early video games are a masterpiece
Silent hill 1-4 are great

ruvik would WRECK his shit tbhf

We need another Evil Within game. I was surprised at how much fun I had with that game.

somewhat related, i think that a direct adaptation of Resident Evil 4 would make a great movie. Just a straightforward action horror, Leon has to save the presidents daughter from a spooky cult and zombies. I feel it wouldnt get wrapped up in the problems that normally plague video game movies, as long as it just stays simple, and relatively adheres to the game

checked
I agree with you, and i really wish there was a silent hill movie that did exactly that but i nevertheless enjoyed the 2006 movie because of the atmosphere alone. Not sure if im gonna even bother watching the newest one bc i heard it was terrible

Because they tried to make him SH mascot

Why do people think Pyramid Head looks cool?
He's a fucking manlet with a bucket on his head.

Movie PH >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> game PH

And Silent Hill 2 is one of my favorite games of all time, so don't think I'm just dissing.

Also, who would you cast in a SH2 movie?

Scarlett Johansson as Maria/Mary.

I'm not seeing it.
Or were you making a whitewashing joke?

Christian Bale as Laura

Well, as i see it she can play sexy female with fake/weird smile.

I don't think movie really needed Laura.

>SH2 without Laura
Huh? Are you blind or something?

What was her fucking problem?

Nothing. She was the only normal person in the town.

She didn't do anything important in this game. And movie will be only better without child actors. Movie also doesn't need Eddie or Angela.

Then its just the adventures of sad man and bipolar woman in fog land. What's the fucking point?

such a low score
I remember I liked it very much
downloading for rewatch
anything other recommend?

Jacob's Ladder
In the Mouth of Madness

James = Daniel Radcliffe
Mary/Maria = Bailey Jay
Eddie = John Boyega
Laura = Tilda Swinton

Does anyone have that image with SH2 being directed by the Kairo director and the cast as well?

Well, that was a point of central story in SH2. You just need add something related to this story.