Notorious miserable sod Steve Albini listens to the last band you listened to. What does he think of them?

Notorious miserable sod Steve Albini listens to the last band you listened to. What does he think of them?

I'm not sure he'd like Health

Maybe their first album

the Cure. I am nearly 100% sure he hates them

Foetus.
He'd probably like them.

he recorded them in his basement

>the 13th floor elevators
idk he's probably heard them already

meh

I guess he liked them

Does Steve-o actually like a single one of the bands that he has produced-whoops, I mean "engineered", or does he just do it on general principles for himself?

Imagine it. Steve-o is sulking in his chamber, having put on Yanqui UXO or In Utero or whatever you please, out of sheer old curiosity. He really, sincerely hates the music, finds it dreary, yet he hears that he did everything exactly right for it - put the rug in just the right part of the room, and so on. Broke between this take and that for some Nutter Butter cookies, and to offer same to the group.

he records whoever pays him
he's said he doesn't listen to the acts he records like he listens privately so the quality of the music doesn't affect him

steve called the jesus lizard the best band of the 90's, IIRC

>Cloud Nothings
He produced Attack on Memory. Although that doesn't mean he likes them, when he produced Nirvana's In Utero album he thought they were just "R.E.M. with a fuzzbox" and after he produced the Pixies' Surfer Rosa album he called them "a band who at their top dollar best are blandly entertaining college rock."

he liked in utero and spending time with them
the r.e.m quote was about nevermind

What the fuck kind of band are appreciated by both Fred Durst and Steve Albini

Since he doesn't seem to have a sense of humor he would probably hate Chief Keef.

My Bloody Valentine

pretty sure he hates them

Radiohead. Steve would sit on my face.

John Zorn - Naked City

He probably loves him.

It's one guy actually.

Big Star.

I just found him on a forum talking about how they were the precursor to "pussy college girl music" so idk if really likes them

Nirvana.
He thinks they're shit.

depends on the album

if he says anything bad about my waifu i'll deck him

JEFF the Brotherhood

Very 'fine' garage rock.