Did DC Punk reach the rest of the US...

Did DC Punk reach the rest of the US? Was talking with a friend recently and we were talking about Fugazi and Bad Brains, when he talked about how 80's DC punk amounted to nothing. That when everything was said and done instead of starting a punk revival or whatever the same way Seattle brought grunge to the rest of the US, all the DC bands just faded away. Instead of being something DC just became that city that discovered punk 20 years too late.

Rollins is from DC , and you can partially thank Black Flag for Grunge

>you can partially thank Black Flag for Grunge

you mean blame

Aside from extensive touring, not really. It kind of existed the same time as Hardcore in Chicago but outside nothing really.

the only one that needs to be blamed is cobain

bf is 10 times more hardcore than nirvana could ever be

Bands like Fugazi helped to start up the Emotive Hardcore movement so yes, DC Punk had an influence. Whether or not DC Punk itself remained after the 80s is a whole other question, to which I'd have to say, no it was very short lived. They influenced bands like Drive Like Jehu and other 90s emo acts.

And Black Flag are a bunch of hacks.
Henry Rollins is cringe with those spoken word albums complaining about his father.

Can we have a post-hardcore/emotive hardcore thread now?

explain how they are hacks, they are objectively the best sst band

explain how they aren't hacks, they are objectively the worst sst band

you're just meming,you don't know jack shit

Well for starters they have one (1) good album, an inconsistent catalogue, Reyes and Morris suck, Rollins' rants are horrible, My War is corny edge, Loose Nut and Slip It In are forgettable and the rest is trash.

Dino Jr on the other hand, never released a bad album on SST. Same with Minutemen.

It'd be more accurate to say that Ian Mackaye was influential rather than DC hardcore. His work is pretty much the only lasting and reaching thing to come out of the scene

Yeah I'm not a fan of BF either. Can't deny the influence, the Keith Morris stuff is pretty great and Damaged is good, but other than that I never understood the popularity. Same with Bad Brains but that's just because I hate all forms of reggae.

Dino Jr is so fucking good. And if we're talking SST we can't forget Meat Puppets

Love how you just forget Damaged.

TFFY, Damaged, Their 198 demo are all great and family man and slip it in are good too. Also a lot of punk band perform best live. Circle jerks doesnt sound good on album but live they sound good. You are referring to their albums as cringe and corny maybe but they're not at all maybe you're the cornball.

Yeah I suppose you're right.

1982*

Bad Brains had a voice and managed to splice punk and reggae together. It also helped that they are from DC. This city will support anyone who is from the area given how its filled with out of towners. Good Charlotte instantly sells out every time they play in DC and they are from fucking southern maryland.

Grohl is also from Nova

>good Charlotte

We're talking about hardcore bands not shitty pop punk bands

I know. The point I was trying to make was no matter the quality of the band this area will love you forever as long as you are from the DMV.

>you can only have influence if a genre ends up sold out to major record labels and viewed on mtv.

wew

Calm down, jello

Although he's right

Repeater sold 1 million copies in the US alone though...

Took like 15 years though

I didn't. It was the album that I said was godd.

Guy Piccioto is underrated and equally as influential