Did anyone here play a sport in HS or college? I know this site is for basement dwellers, but I'm just wondering

Did anyone here play a sport in HS or college? I know this site is for basement dwellers, but I'm just wondering.

>What sport did you play and was it fun?

>Was the training difficult?

>How much rivalry was there between teams/athletes?

Also what's your height and weight? Manlet here I'm 5'6 so would probably suck even at table tennis.

If you're a manlet you could probably succeed at gymnastics

Ice Hockey. I'm 5'11'' 215 but my playing weight was like 195. It was fun as fuck but a bitch getting up super early

I played sophomore year and was varsity. First and last time though. I really wasn't having a blast since I was so far behind plays and what not

Baseball for three years. Was always the outsider, so I had to deal with the politics of it all. Still had a lot of fun.

In my last two years, I settled in as a first-basemen since I could do a full split.

Not much rivalry, not much training, and I'm 5'11" and 190 pounds.

That's interesting I thought sports practice was done after school in the evening

I should mention at the time I was 5"10 and 210 lbs

Same here. 6'3, 225lbs. Played through most of college. Training wasnt too bad, mostly cardio and leg exercises. It was a lot of fun though, I really miss it.

Not for hockey. Ice time is hard to get and expensive so we'd practice at 5 am. Then we'd work out after school. My team was sick though we went to the state finals twice. I played defense and was a bottom third type player, but like I said, our team was nasty. I would've been one of the best players on most of the teams in our division

Not morning practicing, morning conditioning.

Hockey looks fun as hell. I guess lacrosse is the closest sport to it for those who live in a hot area

>played football 11 years
>went to college with a messed up left shoulder
>combine vs LSU
>destroys other shoulder
>Now on B

What position?

Football
Standard weight room stuff, also had manual labor job hauling shake blocks
Tons

6'1"

Freshman - Varsity Football in Texas HS

Fun as shit, difficult training (FullBack) and there was a lot ot rivalries between starters and bench lol aka the B team

6'0" 210 pds. Back then(5 years ago), now kinda fat but somewhat still fit.
Do u like football? If youre fast and willing to hit rhe weight room u have a good height for playing RunningBack , just gotta get big and strong

what position did you play? Do you feel manual labor helped you more than the gym when it comes to fitness and strength?

I quit soccer in middle school because I fucking hate who those 'athletes' turned into and I didn't want to become like them. Soccer for my whole life until then. Then I met gamers who introduced me to the site. I got into theatre and music like I always wanted. JROTC. 10/10 girlfriend.

I might be single, but I know Im in college for what I love, having fun playing OSRS everyday after classes, drinking some beer and smoking my cigars.

I can play some mean table tennis, dodgeball, and kickball I guess.

were you a starter?
I started working out, I have a goal of getting bigger then I will start a sport, probably something like football or even rugby

Faggot

we're apart of the largest highschool rivalry in texas

6'1 180 (190-200 in college)
Baseball through college, and football in HS. Played select and tournament teams for about a decade.

Yes it was fun.

I wouldn't really call it training, you practice every day before and after school for around 4-6 hours, both in HS and college. I wouldn't say its "difficult" but there are a lot of days when you just get home and want to pass out. Running bleachers, sub 6 miles, suicides, triangles, poles, etc. It can be a bitch when the coach actually is trying to get you to puke, and in Texas playing through the super summer always made it pretty hardcore, but you are doing it with the team most of the time, so you always have someone to share the agony with.

Went to highschool in Dallas, there is a lot of rivalry in football and baseball in 5A (now it's 6A). Know a lot of guys in the pros in baseball (although besides the real studs they are starting to dwindle) and a few in football, 1 that I know who is still playing; and played against way too many, a lot I didn't even know of till after I finished playing.

Sports are fun. You don't need to be tall to be great. Jose Altuve is one of the best players in baseball and is 5'6 or so.

what sport?

football

Dude playing in the heat must be fucking grueling with all that gear.
It's 85 here and I almost passed out running outside, don't know how you people managed it.

what's the rivalry like? are both schools in the same city?

Yeah, it opens a lot of windows if you actually put your mind into it could even rock a college scholarship which is really worth it bro, if youre young just do it lol the amount of ass it gets you in HS is insane, i dropped it cus of drug posession and drug tests fucked me over all the time pretty dumb of me tbh

hs football. fucking awesome.

i hated the running part. loved the weightlifting. practice was meh. being defense in hs was easy. just hit some fuckers. go after the ball. ez mode.

I was on the alpine team during hs, it was awesome. I got to leave school to go snowboarding with my friends

its between two neighboring cities. it's called "mid-county madness" if you're interested. it's especially going to be hype this year because its the very last game of the season

You get used to it honestly. You grow up playing int he heat. You sweat like a pig and get a lot of water breaks. In HS I remember whenever our coach said water break, or water break after whatever, it would be a dead sprint to the hose. A lot of years of 100-110 haha. It's only really bad when it's humid. On dry days it's not terrible. And in football/baseball you are exerting as hard as you can for short amounts of time. The only really terrible days were running days. Offseason was a bitch in college. In highschool you got to skip it if you played baseball/football.

fuck jose altuve. he's a cheap bitch. the houston astros all have to go back.

Football, Defensive tackle, it was pretty fun training was difficult at times lots of rivalry between teams

are the games against them especially difficult or is it mostly hype?

Meh. I hate Houston with a passion, but Altuve has skills. But yeah, fuck houston for sure. I am a rangers fan. Fuck toronto most of all. Odor hitting Bautista in the face is one of my favorite moments in sports.

>Basketball and varsity baseball

>Very, had to do P90X and yoga for baseball

>No rivalry, we all were dicks to each other
6'0, 200 lbs back then

that's cool, not many schools have an alpine team.

I played basketball in HS. Training was easy. Rivalry is the best part of it. Bragging rights in HS are priceless.
>6'1"
>195lbs

Football in hs
6' 195 pounds strong safety
Had scholarships too small schools but wasn't interested in destroying my body any further

u black?

which of those gave you more pussy privilege on campus?

I did marching band at HS (which was lame) but I ended up doing an activity called Drum Corps that changed my life. You get sent away for 80 days with a group that you tried out for and made. And then learn a show with very complex rythems and requires crazy chops (I'm a drummer I marched tenors). And then you tour across the nation to compete with other groups and perform at world finals in Indianapolis. The skills you learn and the physical side of it pushes your limits to the max and makes you a great athlete and musician. If you want more info you can ask me questions or look it up yourselves.

Unless you were in Blue Devils, Cavaliers, or Carolina Crown you literally do not matter.

Football. Offensive line (6'1" 270 back then) through college. Even had a scholarship.

Much fun. Hard work but good parties and girls.

Just pick a sport and work hard. People see you putting in the work will make them respect you, even if you're not first- team material.

I wish I did something in High School

>bluecoats

Archery, was fun considering i live in a rural town in PA where everyone hunts. Was basically hang out with your redneck friends, shoot bows, and make nigger jokes.

Again everyone hunted, so training was just hanging out shooting.

Not much rivalry, we did do well in states, and are the only team in our shitty school's history to go to nationals in Kentucky where a few of us had some fun times in the hotels with the girls from other teams. One guy accidentally did a girl who was like 13 as a HS senior.

>Signing up to literally get booed off the field

it's mostly hype. the games have been one-sided for about 6 years so far. buy last year's game was extremely fun because we won by 3 points in the last 10 seconds

kek'd

Blue Devils are trash. Cavies, Crown, Blue coats are godteir. I marched Blue Knights 2008 and Cadets 09 to 10

I played a little football but it got in the way of tkd and hapkido. One of my tkd sparing partners went on to go to the Olympics. I..dropped out when the grandmaster died. The person who took over kept giving speeches about Christianity and I'm not a Christian.

Are you autistic?

lmao cavaliers here

College hands down. I went to an all boys highschool, and we had a sister school. The girls would come to our campus after school, but I didn't really realize what I had until about Junior year. College though... that was fun from day 1. And you are free to roam right after class instead of having to figure things out when you are in HS.

Lol tf you on? None of the top 12, even top 24 gets booed off the field.

If you were in 2015 or 2012 kill yourself. Also, is there anywhere are Sup Forums were people discuss this?

They cheer "bloo" not "boo" asshat also they fucking won this year so fuck you.

were you quite popular on campus then? must be a huge ego boost to play and have qts in the stands watching

I was in football, wrestling and track & field.
didn't dig any of 'em though.

the only sport I liked was when I did Fencing in college

Fun times :)

Rugby, of course it was fun! The training was pretty intense, but you got used to it. There was a rivalry, however rugby is a game made for barbarians, but played by gentlemen. Also, my team won three state champions ships my Sophomore, Junior and Senior year. I was the starting inside center sophomore and junior. Senior year I was the scrum half.

>Waterpolo at a college / professional level

> Fun is subjective. It was fun until every single match left you bruised and sore. Injury risk was pretty high and a real issue for most players. The game stopped becoming fun when it took over my life completely.

> Trained 16 times a week. Twice a day and then 3 sessions on Saturday and Sunday. Long hours, not much sleep, no time for studies/social life.

>After quitting I went from being a 50% ~ 60% average student, to 90% average.

> Lots of rivalry between schools/colleges. Plenty of fights/punch ups and chairs thrown in the pool during grudge matches.

>Height: 6'1"
>Weight: 115kg
>Played center forward position

>be ukfag
>be in swimming team all through school
>get to around 15 years old
>get asked by swim instructor if i would be interested in swimming for the county
>meant swimming 6 days a week
>2 hours before school, 3 hours after school, 8 or so hours on a sunday
>fuck that
>said i wasn't interested
>be 4 years later
>be at uni, first week
>at a Fresher's Fair, (like an event where all new students sign up for things)
>get approached by rugby team asking if i wanted to join (because of my swimmer's build)
>told them i'd never played in my life
>said it was ok, i could try out
>said i wasn't interested

i kinda regret both of those decisions now. i know i'm not as fit as i should be. the belly is creeping up on me.

water polo at JC and D1. realized i was too much of a manlet (5-9/170) to compete at D1.

really hard work outs, but i was a distance guy so it didn't hurt me as much as the sprinters.

water polo is the most underrated sport, it's incredibly difficult.

And fucking hell, being center forward probably means you got in a lot of those fights yourself

Yes you get a lot of confidence. I wasn't as tall as some of the other guys or as massive as the football players, and on a campus with 30,000 people, you aren't a celebrity. I mean some of the top football players were, well a lot of the football players were. Girls would come flocking to the parties, so that was where you always got laid.

There are a lot of student athletes, a lot that you wouldn't notice right away. Golf/tennis/soccer/baseball/track/cross country, etc.

That's correct. Had my nose broken and ribs bruised a lot from stray hands / knees.. Few broken fingers over the years that I made worse by playing through the pain.

Worst injury is probably having friction burn on my ass hole from my defender using my speedos as leverage. Couldn't shit without crying for a week.

were all games that violent or was that kind of shit done by specific teams/players?

and is it true you often get held underwater like some players deliberately try to drown you?

Grudge matches were the worst, but most teams have pretty big grudges against each other (You never really get an influx of new players, just the same people playing for 10+ years) because of all the bad blood.

Yeah, that's usually where most fights start. I'd get pushed under the water and held for too long, people would start noticing, and then brawls would start. Usually they're enough of a cluster fuck that nobody get's kicked out/penalized over it, too.

You were pretty big at 190 i assume. Ever been in a fight?

is it true some players grow their nails to scratch?