The Wheel of Time TV show

The Wheel of Time will get a TV show
>It will be better than Game of Thrones after learning from the mistakes of D&D

avclub.com/article/sounds-bizarre-wheel-time-tv-show-might-actually-h-236040

Will this be the fantasy-kino that GoT was supposed to be

[petplay fetish intensifies]

>Reading this and the Matriarchal undertones are kind of sexy in some areas, but the constant sassiness gets to me

>but the constant sassiness gets to me

THE CONSTANT SASS IS THE BEST PART

But it's not even clever (the female sassiness)
It's just them saying untrue/banal shit because they feel bad when they're irrelevant.

If it were actually good banter I wouldn't dislike it so much.

The thing is, I'm pretty sure Robert did it on purpose. So, my dislike of the characters was his intended effect.

>it's a Cadsuane spanks Semirhage and makes her eat off of the floor episode

I only hated it in the middle books. When the story grinded to a halt to showcase those sassy women. Who would have thought that nynaeve would be the most interesting and relatiable femnal character. Color me surprised when I suddenly found she was the only women beside min I didn't outright hate for one reason or another

Oh gawd. It didn't seem so obviously sexual when I read it but god damn it is when you picture it on film, isn't it.

I'm finishing book 6 The Lord of Chaos now. It's slow. Even Matt's Chapters are sluggish

Book six is easily the best in the series.

LOC has literally the best scene in the entire series, though, and the one universally desired above all else for an on-screen adaptation.

Does it have enough tits?

Aviendha and rand in the ice house would be pretty good HBO tits though.

>and the one universally desired above all else for an on-screen adaptation.

Waaaaaaaaait a minute, what about when the Ashaman show up to free Rand

Yes, that is in LOC, part of the overall Dumai's Wells scene.

Not gonna click that. Been avoiding spoilers, and it's great to be surprised

Oh right, I forgot

It could easily be as lewd as GOT if they wanted it to be. The text elides most of the details, but there's constant sex and nudity, it's just a little oblique.

That's what I hear, but it's been slow. I'll probably finish the last 8 chapters tonight

I like that because it's doesn't come across as try-hard. I wouldn't mind the adaptation being lewd, but I'm glad that the series is also appropriate for kids

I still think best visual scenes would be stuff like them being chased by trollocs through Shadar Logoth when the mist starts picking them off.

Or Mat breaking into the stone of tear.

or mat beating the shit out of galad and gawyn with a quarterstaff in the training yard.

What's it about? Never heard of the books.

Matt beating Galad and Gawyn was something I was getting excited about while listening.

When Rand learns to kill all of the Trollocs at once in Tear or when Matt blows the horn, the companions come back, and Rand is fighting in the sky

King Arthur goes on a quest with the wolfman and robin hood to fight satan with a bunch of slags getting dragged along

MAGIC SLAGS

Very good fantasy novel.

>Cyclical world
>Currently in a semi-matriarchical system where the balance is shifting to something more neutral
>Also, good verses evil
>Lots of very neat twists/surprises
>Good pacing for most of it

Get an audible account and get the first book free.

Audible does 3 books for $36, so you can get all 14 books for
1 free
4*3 $36 book tokens
1 on a monthly credit subscription for $12 and then canceling

$156 total.
14 books.
I listen to 2-3 a month at 1.5 speed. Very enjoyable and immediately interesting

Goddamn the amounts of badass scenes waiting to be shown in this series are practically infinite.
I am bit worried about how their going to show saidan and sadar.will it be visualized or invisible to the viewer and if so how will they go about explaining what's going on like the complex weaves and such

>Not being more worried about how they might mess up the gender politics

>it's a 5 Egwene episodes in a row episode

I have hopes anom. They might get it right

>it's a qt tomboy Min episode
goat wheelfu

Fuck its the supercunt trio power hour for half a season. *smooths skirt and tugs braid*

>It's a Rand won't stop talking about his fucking list season

>Fuck its the supercunt trio power hour for half a season. *smooths skirt and tugs braid*
I hated this

>It's a Verin episode
What favorite minor character of yours is going to get cut anons?

Top 3 moments
>Dumai Wells
>The first time the Horn of Valere is sounded
>Rand declares himself Dragon Reborn in the Stone of Tear

So I'm never going to read these books (I remembered when this was announced that I read like the first 50 pages of the first book in a doctor's waiting room when I was about 12), can someone tell me real quick why it's called Wheel of Time? Is there a time-travel or thematically/figuratively cyclical element?

>Robin Hood

think you mean Odin son

The latter.

Also if the very first scene isn't the last moments of Lews Therin I will drop the series right away.

So
>Smooths dress
You were saying
>Sniffs
That
>Embraces Saidar
We are
>Weaves a flow
Aes sedai
>Tugs braid
And
>Sniffs
Men are woolheaded
>Forcefully bonds a warder
And Shai'tan

Is the idea of these books that the light ruled for a long time with the dragon being a kind of christ-like messiah in a golden age, but the devil tainted magic and caused all the good wizards to go insane and the world broke and became a simpler world?

If by some miracle it made it that far you think they will full on address Euwgene getting seduced by a Forsaken One and not "muh head massages"?

Well he starts off as Robin Hood but yeah Odin does make more sense by the end

>Band of the Red Hand is cut
>half of the Forsaken are cut
>Seanchan cut
>Logain & Taim merged into a single character

Symbolism and shit. It's what they call fate/destiny/cyclical history

>>Logain & Taim merged into a single character

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE LOGAIN IS PURE

Part of the whole point of the books is that the past of the world is incredibly uncertain. All we really know is that the light is probably on our side and the forsaken wants to fuck our shit up.

Nah it's more basic than that

Evil incarnate does it's evil incarnate thing but a few messiahs rise to stop him

>Seachan cut

but they are literally 1/3 of the plot

Not exactly
>God tier world of science and magic
>New experiment into super magic instead taps into satan
>Still not free but corrupts the world
>Starts global conflict between good and evil
>War ends when the leader of the good side, with the nickname of the Dragon leads a suicide mission to seal the hole and lock away satan
>It's a man only mission, successful but ends up corrupting the male side of magic
>All male magic users go insane and cause armageddon

>enemies can't cross the water
>evil sam-to-frodo-is-cursed-like-frodo-was-by-the-ring is ANNOYING AS FUCK

Jesus christ, I read the first book and finished it and not a single cell in my body gave a fuck about continuing. I can't wait for other people to finally realize how fucking SHIT wheel of time is.

But Taim is one of the forsaken and Logain is a fucking hero.

When is it revealed that the old world was super advanced.

I'm in book 6, but I assumed this from the beginning

It will be amazing.

GoT - political drama and intrigue + knights killing each other with very light supernatural/magical stuff in the background

WoT - EPIC fantasy, trollocs, god-like powerful characters and magic is ever present 24/7, knitting,battles numbering in the hundreds of thousands, braid tugging,strange creatures, sand ninjas, you name it.

Both are awesome, but WoT is on another level. Pretty much the only contestant to LotR in the genre.

I'm waiting for some additional info to drop in order to start making daily threads. Best show of the year, all years. HYPE.

>Being this much of a pleb

Any chance tuon won't be played by Isabelle fubrman? They can't cut seachamn for her alone. Also we would miss ewgenes one badass moment of defending the tower

The budget will determine everything. Don't get your hopes up.

They won't dare soil the WoT with some cheap knock off Xena style, like The Sword of Truth.

This will be on GoT level MINIMUM.

>They only do the Eye of the World
>It's franchise continuity problems are on par with Eragon

NERD

it's just LOTR recycled, badly, fuck you

Dude its a TV show. With all the books already published they will know at the very least what they can't change without fucking up future plotlines.

That's fine. It will be successful, so we shall get more books in later seasons. Once the ball starts rolling it is inevitable.

WoT has the most rabid fanbase and Jordan's wife is crazy about his legacy.

I want to see Dumai's Wells done right and I can die a happy man

a high chance, since Tuon was black

Time is cyclical. There are seven ages that repeat endlessly with different permutations. By the time the same age comes again, it's been so long that all is forgotten.

It's hinted that this is actually a future/past earth.

There is an entitiy that exists outside of time and space that was accidentally unleashed on the multiverse who seeks to end the cycle and terminate everything -- but it's also implied that the uncovering and re-imprisoning of this threat is simply part of the ongoing cycle.
The cosmology of the world is strongly dualistic.

There's an ultimate creator and an ultimate un-creator.

Positive and negative, yin and yang, male and female etc, two halves of the one power, etc.

Wheel of Time is aimed at the Harry Potter audience, not the Game of Thrones audience.

No she wasn't. Show me one piece of evidence from the books

This shit is being made into a series but still no Black Company.

Fuck this world.

Too bad the books went to shit. Also, since it's a show based off of fantasy books, it's guaranteed to be horrible.

Wonder who they'll cast for Padan Fain

>they could have picked Steven Erikson, Joe Abercrombie, Brandon Sanderson or Scott Lynch
>they chose Robert fucking Jordan

>I'm in book 6

It's the best book. Enjoy it.

There is no way this series will take off with the normies, theres way to many characters to keep track of.

>why did they choose the best fantasy series since LotR

user plz

I appreciate the good bait tho

I know. Who would have thought they could actually make a good choice

Technically, they did choose Brandon Sanderson

Half will be cut, many of the rest given insignificant appearances, just like GoT

I was just saying that would be bad
I forgot to add this image

I'm glad it has a rabid fanbase because I don't want it getting Game of Thrones treatment (circumstances are quite different, so we stand a fair chance).

Nah, I think the series is more aimed at both.

>Adult aspects
>Not explicit enough to make it inaccessible for kids

Fain will be played by Steve Buscemi

Double edged sword.

>Might need the normies for views/funding (unless the wife does it strictly so that it has a show adaptation)
>A large and basic/normal enough audience eventually ruins a once niche product by shifting it from what made it good

Can't wait to see Rand putting them bitches in their place

Dare I say it for real?

I just hope the trollocs dont look too fake.

>Rand giving the Aes Sedai shit for being stuck up bitches

>bitched at and led around by the nose for the first few books
>has a few moments of manly lucidity
>then constantly bitched at and strongarmed later in the books

I think you're talking about the wrong guy, mate.

'Rand is pussy whipped to the extreme.

Also, considering Harriet will have full control, prepare for a SJW/PC version fo WoT. It is not avoidable, so deal with it now.

literally every time she's described in the books it's "dark" or some type of synonym.

dark != white, ergo she's black of some varying degree.

>Cadsuane, do you believe that I could kill you? Right here, right now, without using a sword or the Power? Do you believe that if I simply willed it, the Pattern would bend around me and stop your heart?
I don't care how edgy this is, I loved it.

I imagine her more... think North African/Egyptian.

Not at all, because she's also described as attractive.

He literally fucks tree different women, implies relationships with all three of them, doesn't follow through, doesn't marry any of them, continues to fuck all three of them after they all find out, impregnates one of them (the fucking queen of andor), still fucks all three of them, refuses to settle on any of them.

In the end they agree to 'share' him and he has absolutely no commitments to any of them. None whatsoever.

And he still fucks all three of them. In fact, they beg to hop on his dick whenever he happens to be in town.

I just imagine Japanese, since that matches the seanchen style and japs are dark skinned (and Jordan probably thought it would be too racist to describe slanting eyes)

Great, what's it going to be - 26 seasons?

I imagined her light skinned desu guess I figured wehy would Artur hawkwings decsentant be black?? Next your going to tell me the aiel are not arab

You know many ginger arabs?

>and japs are dark skinned

Are you fucking with me right now?

A season a book. Then when they hit book7 just half or quarter of a season until book 11

The Aiel are not arab. No such thing exists in Randland.

Tuon is described as "dark", so make your own conclusions.

That can work, age won;t be an issue.

The seanchan aren't exclusively Japanese.

Robert Jordan went on record as saying that they more or less have Texan accents.

Like all of his cultures, they're a mish-mash of a few things.

On one hand, they're imperial japan/china.

On the other hand, they're new world colonist come back to europe to fuck shit up.

Tuon is also explicitly described as brown and thin.

She's probably somewhere between east indian and ethiopian or something.

Epic fantasy series. Focuses heavily on cyclical nature of life and the universe, hints of Eastern philosophy. Also focuses heavily on prophecy and how easy it is to misinterpret it.

Huge world with lots of characters and detailed history

Complex magic system

Multiple POV characters so you can pick your favorite flavor

Series is complete

Major downside for many people is that Jordan wrote his female characters in a very different way, many people think they come off as unrepentant cunts for a majority of the series. Explained in-universe as a world that is matriarchal rather than patriarchal for reasons. A handful of the female characters are likeable, though a few get better as the series progresses.

>aiel are not arab

They literally have carrot tops. They're red-headed dessert descendants of irish traveling people.

Well fuck me then I guess. Ehh still my head canon and I won't be changing it

On average yes. They can be pretty light skinned but they can also be pretty dark. Not 'black' but sort a light shade of Indonesian.

>that time two of them helped the other fuck him

There is a literal metaphysical 'wheel of time' that weaves the threads of human life together into a pattern.

Series focuses heavily on cycles of time with the suggestion if not outright declaration that events have already happened before numerous times, with slight differences.

Mostly revealed in The World of the Wheel of Time supplementary book