Have you ever had a problem with your family over movie likes and preferences?

Have you ever had a problem with your family over movie likes and preferences?

My mom fucking hated horror.

>implying i waste my time watching movies

I read because I'm not a retarded lowlife with no prospects in life

my parents like capeshit

>Family wants me to go with them to watch Civil War.
>mfw.jpg
>I mock them and tell them that it was for the best that they such an intelligent son like me.
>My mom cries and my dad is angry. They leave.
>Spend the rest of the night watching Tarkovski Sacrifice, pausing everytime to take notes.

My older brother (29) is a huge pussy when it comes to horror or EXCITING movies in general. The guy cant even watch The Thing, I dunno what movie traumatised him that bad. He's not an autist or an aspie but he HATES excitement but whenever he has agreed to watch good shit with me, he has always enjooyed it.

When I was young and still living with my parents we only had one tv set at the living room. So I'll be watching some cool movie and my father would come and demand we watch something else or send me to the shop to buy something or whatever and his reasoning was always "There are plenty of movies", in the sense that I'll just watch another movie instead of this one I'm about to miss. Or alternatively he'll just lie on the couch and sleep and snort. What a faggot.

Who the fuck sits like that?

esl?

that guy's wife's son

Not really. I mean, none of them have great taste or anything, but it's usually pretty simple to compromise. I watch spy, action and war movies with my Dad, classic Hollywood movies with my mom, and horror movies with my brother and sister.

If we're all together we usually watch a nostalgic family movie from when my siblings and I were kids, like Who Framed Roger Rabbit or The Sandlot.

Parents shouldn't bring babies to the theatre.

At least he didn't put on sports like my dad. Then he'd sink into the couch and talk shit about the players.
I think it was at that time that I realized how fucking retarded watching any sport is. Unless its world class its basically the same boring shit and it turns into a contest of stamina - if I wanted to waste 2 hours of my life watching men grunt and commercial shilling at every turn I wouldn't be watching tv. I'd go play outside.

It's kinda reverse for me, I watch classic movies with my dad, action and sci-fi with my mom and comedies with my bro whenever I'm back in city

your dad must be so proud

My dad has pretty good taste, he likes mostly war, western,gangster and political films, so I can always watch some quality cinema with him.
Mom likes mostly drama and has a nostalgia boner for old italian movies because her parents are italian americans.
Sister only watches mainstream teenage stuff like Hunger Games, Super Hero movies and shit like that, but to be fair she's only 14 so it's ok.

What the fuck man, have you ever done sports? Watching sports with dad is the best thing ever. We watch hockey (not canadian) and we root together for our hometeam and national team and he gives analysis and opinions straight out of the 90's when he hasn't realized that the game has changed a lot.

We watch Mighty Ducks 2 at least once or twice a year and laugh about iceland

>not watching handegg and shitposting the other team irl with your dad

What a faggot

I can trace my hatred for team sports back to my stepdad and stepbrothers. I hated them and it was mutual, he spoiled them and treated me like utter shit. They would always take over the TV and play sports, and after a while I grew to hate sports almost as much as I hated them.

I realize it's irrational, but it's never gone away. Not that I think I'd ever be particularly interested in sports otherwise.

You still posted Manny Calavera so you're alright in my books.

Yeah, I'm not sure if I hate sports because my father always occupied the tv with this shit instead of letting me watch muh movies or I would have hated it anyway.

I get upset when I see single or childless people in the movie theater, or at the beach, or in a sit-in restaurant, or at parties, or at a ball game. I just don't understand. What could possess them to make them do that? People go to these places to celebrate the joy of living and you singles spoil the mood. You're walking "please save the children" commercials made to remind us there are people in this world who don't know happiness.

Please if you are single, stay home. Thank you.

You dont need to be single to have alone time, you know.

What

what do you read, imageboards?
get off Sup Forums or at the very least Sup Forums if youre so superior, retard

Mom left him couple of years ago for a fatter, lazier, balder footbal judge.

So both families watch sports literally every time I visit and I'm too polite of a guest to tell them that I'd rather pinch off my dick then spend another 3 hours watching fucking skiing. Besides I don't wanna hurt my dad or mom so I just pretend to be mildly interested for their sake - you know like mom used to feign interest in LoTR adn you knew she was bullshiting but you didn't care since the matrix is too damn comfy