Us regions thread

new one of these threads

post which one of these is your favorite region and why, pictures are welcome, however meme opinions are not. as well, i am taking suggestions for any changes or fixes to the map i should make

this map is based on cultural similarities between states, it it not based geographically, despite the naming of the regions implying it

non amerigans are invited to share regions of their own country
made a few changes to this version, added central coast in california, renamed northern midwest to great plains, and gave wisconsin and the twin cities back to the midwest

almost forgot, i gave a little bit more to the bay area in the north

bump
goddamnit please participate in my threads

>this map is based on cultural similarities between states
>Northeast has a border dick

I like how you forgot to label Appalachia.

Because, truly, no one cares about Appalachia.

>this guy again

I already told you that the appalachins extend into New York State
Kek
But I will fix it

fix'd

The northwest is the cancer that's killing america

put new york in with the rest of the mid atlantic

really? id always have thought that NYC is more of its own thing, if anything more closely related to like chicago or boston that maryland

Re: Great Basin and Southwest

The GB should extend farther south

Move the eastern border down to the Grand Canyon and the western side should extend through the Mojave Desert with the new border at Joshua Tree National Park

Needles is kind of a grey zone, I'm not 100% sure with which region it's closer in contact/culture/similarity.

the whole tri state area is peak mid atlantic america

Cleveland here, the line for great lakes should be about 1/4 of the way down the state. Speakers from Cincinnati don't have a NCVS and are culturally southern, diminishing the further north you go

Also Erie, Pa should be lilac and the great lakes portion of NY should stay the same

clarification: The GB should have a small border with Southern California.

IMO Barstow is GB and Victorville is the crossroads between the two regions.

OP, since you are so attached to this map I hope you are modifying it each time to the consensus of user suggestions. I really like this map

How about this

Appalachia masterrace

I'm not familiar enough with the Lassen/Modoc area of California to judge that as Southwest or not, but the rest of California works

t. &

yes that is one of my older maps but it still has alot of problems going on with it, for examble most of montana isnt mountains but is still in the rocky mountains area

bump
ill start i guess
chicago has nice infrastructure and isnt that bad outside of a few neighborhoods in the inner city parts of the south side. the whole
>CHICAGO=BAGHDAD
thing isnt true and gets way overblown
otherwise, we have pretty good weather and lots to do, as well as pretty nice skyscrapers

Immeasurably worse

How do I join my kinsmen in Appalachia?

this one is pretty good

>posting without regionals in a region thread

?
Sometimes I'm on my phone, so it doesn't show up.

OP that Northeast is disgusting
As someone who was born raised and lives in NY, let me make it a thousand times less retarded

this is just absolutely disgusting and shows you know jack shit about the Northeast

The Bronx-Westchester border is night and day

>Eastern New England lumped in with literally who Amish country
Dumb

here's a handy map if you insist on having farmland states. most of the land in the great plains is farmland, but the vast majority of it is grazing land and not your stereotypical corn and soybeans