What went wrong, Sup Forums?

What went wrong, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QhSROXv6k9U
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

it got funding

First one was shit too. Not surprising. More entertaining to read a pedo's drug fueled nonsense.

Critics have increasingly become biased bandwagon bullshitters now.

The first one was legit one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

Not enough Avengers.

Alice wasn't replaced with a black girl.

Man fuck off

what could have been

>new alice movie
>new canvas to explore wonderland
>see repercussions of previous time in wonderland
>reflect on what happened and apply it to the new journey and grow on a personal level
>have a surreal, family friendly experience that both adults and children can enjoy

instead

>"people like johnny depp """"""characters"""""" like jack sparrow, tonto, willy wonka, and mad hatter, right?"
>DUDE let's shoehorn him and his wacky voice and expressions and his concubine helena bonham in because its ebin!!! LMFAO

Didn't the first one get panned critically, why make a sequel?

>why would a profitable CGI shitfest get made after a previous profitable CGI shitfest

Barnaby Joyce got in his head

They made a second one?

Do you see Alice's feet anywhere

Because critics aren't as relevant as they like to imagine

the first movie was the single worst theatrical experience I've had. so glad this is flopping

the first movie made one billion dollars. a sequel seems like a good idea, right? movie executives are so goddamn stupid, they never look at the context for why a movie was a hit in the first place. if they did, they would have known the tim burton alice was a chance strike of lightning and a sequel would be a waste of money. avatar had come out three months earlier, starting the craze for 3D blockbusters with immersive settings. Alice 2011 was literally the next thing in that vein and Disney made sure to market it that way, earning a huge box office from moviegoers looking to recapture that magic. but whatever public fascination with 3D novelty james cameron had fostered with avatar was completely destroyed by alice in wonderland, on account of the movie immersing one billion dollars worth of audiences in pure shit.

just let that sink in. alice in wonderland 2011 was such a shit movie that it destroyed the world's goodwill towards 3D movies within 3 months of Avatar. It was a movie that made a billion dollars purely from lucky timing, because in any other circumstance, the awful hackneyed script, purely phoned-in direction and garbage production design would have resulted in a total flop. And they made a sequel to it not immediately, but 5 years later when the iron was no longer hot!

youtube.com/watch?v=QhSROXv6k9U

Seriously, what the fuck is this? It feels like such shitty hot topic johnny depp maaaad hatter pandering fuck.

It wasn't released in 1999 when Burton was still relevant.

What went wrong is that it wasn't made by marvel/Disney. Anything that isn't from them is instantly attacked by critics

The first one was almost fictional on how awful it was. A sequel would have nothing to work with.

is this b8?

No, it's a recent observation and fact

here with your nonsense.

It's called character development something a Marvel cinematic universe loving fucktard like you wouldn't understand. Go back to Avengers if you want nothing but ebin explosions and quips you jackass.

Stay there and if I see you post here just one more time I'm seriously gonna flip the fuck out don't test me kiddo I've had it up to

that's what happens when you have a domestic abuser as your star.

critics dont want to be seen giving a good review to that pathetic old man

Epic meme, my friend.

>johnny deep called barnaby joyce a imbread that looks like a tomato
>johnny deep makes movie that is rotten tomato

>B-B-BUT DISNEY IS PAYING OFF THE REVIEWERS YOU GUYS I SWEAR IT'S ALL SHILLS I SWEAR!

Nice try Amber Heard. Shilling on Sup Forums won't increase your alimony.

Because it was one of those movies that somehow managed to be wildly successful without leaving much of a trace on popular culture. It was the #2 movie of 2010 at the box office.

What a surprise, another JD movie that's shit.

Disney forgot to pay the RT Premium Review subscription