/swg/ Screenwriting General: Formatting Edition

> What are you working on?

> How long have you been working on it?

> What formatting questions do you have?

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/open?id=0B6uwaxNQt5HRRjFwOTVVYzROM1k
vocaroo.com/i/s1jWUB1d3hlf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

is this from the sopranos

I know characters and props should be capitalized, but what about locations?

Yes.

>3 exclamation marks
>loyle
>capo(?)
>a character named Chip

What fucking retard wrote this? Seriously, this is why no one takes screenwriters seriously any more. I should know, I'm a small screenwriter in L.A. who's had numerous works published, I'm published because I have not only good ideas but GOOD QUALITY WRITING. And not only that, the people who buy me on it PRAISE me for having such good writing ability. Fucking amateurs, just stop now.

Nigga it's from The Sopranos

Bump

rebumpo

Top tier b8

Thoughts?

>nibbling on this bait
>mfw

I got a couple of good tips on my script earlier (cut a lot of the dialogue, focus on atmosphere, characters are too young, etc.) so I'll try and work on that when I can.

What's it about?

Does Chip manuge to get the drip on him?

>I w-was only pretending to be retarded

Help me pls.

>start writing
>never finish

drive.google.com/open?id=0B6uwaxNQt5HRRjFwOTVVYzROM1k

Should add, please fucking ignore that one name.

Wastebasket shouldn't be capitalized the second time through. Just the introduction to let props know that they need one. Lisa shouldn't be capitalized if you've introduced her already. Also the way you phrase it is odd, makes it seem like we're inside lisa's room. Phrase things like we're the ones witnessing it.

With the phrasing I'm trying to show that we just see the light come on from the outside of the house, hear her scream.

No I get it, I'm saying that because you start out with "inside Lisa's house" I get confused, which is usually bad when you're doing a quick read. Simple fix would be "We see a light in Lisa's bedroom window turn on."

The problem being you switch locations with that phrasing. Also Lisa should be (OS) in that name block, since she's off screen.

I wrote a fan script for a King of the Hill movie. The general plot was about Bill being mistakenly captured by Cuban agents who thought he was a general and Dale and Hank having to try and track him down and get him back. Dwelt heavily on the nature of Dale and Hank's friendship

I mailed the script but never got a response back and the show got canceled a while ago

vocaroo.com/i/s1jWUB1d3hlf

> Also Lisa should be (OS) in that name block, since she's off screen.

Ah, how could I have not noticed that. See this is why I make these threads. Thank you.

Reading some scripts today. If anyone has links to collections, I would love them.

I need to read this now!

>>bump

Anyone have a big list of format rules?

He manooged to get the drop on him.

I forgot to mention I write for Amy Schumer's show regularly and I script alot of the Kardashian stuff

Seconding