ITT: Discuss Trustworthy Video Game Developers

ITT: Discuss Trustworthy Video Game Developers

Developers who tend not to lie during Marketing, and usually deliver what they promise in full force.

Current "Trustworthy Developers" list:
>CD Projekt Red
>Rockstar
>Kojima Productions (TBA)
>Blizzard
>Gearbox Software
>Telltale Games (MAYBE)
>Frontier Games
>Larian Games
>Bethesda (MAYBE)

Pic semi-related.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pv2qb66PbUg
youtube.com/watch?v=KNDRb9_sZ9E
twitter.com/AnonBabble

EA, Battlefield 1 is going to be the best FPS on the market.

Obsidian.
TaleWorlds Entertainment.

Fallout 4 is shit, by the way.

>bethesda
>trustworthy
Where have they been faithful to their source material since Home Alone for the NES?

>Blizzard
>trustworthy
choose one

We don't have mods almost a year later on ps4 for fallout, fuck bethesda.

>Blizzard
>Bethesda

>PS4
>mods
You chose your platform

>Bethesda

Fucking destroyed all trust I had in them with Fallout 4. Fucking disgusting £20 for a DLC, who the FUCK do they think they are???

THQ were a great company. Sega are pretty good.

Blizzard are fucking terrible, changing their business model for WoW every other week and hiding sub numbers..... Wake the fuck up.

Relic Games, now there is a dependable rock solid studio with reasonably priced DLC.

EA is the publisher, not developer. So that would be DICE.

>>Bethesda (MAYBE)
>Blizzard
>Rockstar

Please fuck off you dumb shit.

Many would disagree with you on the EA front, due to the fact they set in motion the current AAA title trend of showing high quakity marketing footage, then downgrading for the release.

I know of Obsidian, but can you tell me about Taleworlds?

Bethesda gets the (MAYBE) because most of ita games have been memorable, but they've been on a slippery slope for awhile now, especially with F4's marketing.

TaleWorlds made Mount & Blade, M&B Warband and various other spinoffs. They're working on M&B 2: Bannerlord and it looks great. The only problem is that because they're a small company this is going to take a long, long time to come out.

I dont really know much about Blizzard, but a lot of people were telling me to add it in thr last discussion. Please explain your reasoning?

>Blizzard
KEKE

Those people were fucking kikes, kill them.

Fair enough.

>CD Projekt Red
>Rockstar
>Blizzard
>Gearbox Software
>Telltale Games (MAYBE)
>Frontier Games
>Larian Games
>Bethesda (MAYBE)
>Obsidian
>Taleworlds Entertainment

>bethesda
Todd Howard has been lying for well over a decade now.

killed the biggest MMORPG on the market, aka World of fucking Warcraft, as well as competitive Starcraft
Other than that, they made 1 braindead MOBA, a pay-to-win online card game, and Diablo, an actual good single player game.

topic is subjective but heres 3 to add to the list

>Bioware
>Square Enix
>Supergiant Games (for indie)

Bannerlord looks like it's pretty close to coming out and it looks so cash fam

youtube.com/watch?v=pv2qb66PbUg

Fallout 4 is more glamour and little game. They still haven't released mods for ps4 like they said they would before release, and I saw it coming after what happened with the dlc for skyrim on ps3. They are out to make big bucks without improving their game's infrastructure. I would instead play witcher and the new game made by the same company, cyberpunk 2077. Gonna be a blast to play a good open world scyfy shooter again like it was to play fo3

Overwatch doesnt exist in your world, I guess. And every card gane is pay-to-win you fuckwit

Fallout 4 is such shit, i first thought i was playing an old claymation cgi game, then realized it doesn't get better

>bioware
Acquired by EA, definitely aren't trustworthy anymore. Plus, Dragon Age 2, 3 and ME3.

It's pay now win now, play now win later for hearthstone.

Bioware, and Square are pretty decent to add, but I don't know enough of Supergiant.

Some explanation please?

Fair enough, Blizzard gets a (MAYBE)

>CD Projekt Red
>Rockstar
>Blizzard (MAYBE)
>Gearbox Software
>Telltale Games (MAYBE)
>Frontier Games
>Larian Games
>Bethesda (MAYBE)
>Obsidian

Not a dev, but a good publisher. Devolver.

Fromsoftware

>Blizzard gets a (MAYBE)

NO it gets a fucking NO. they lie and lie and LIE. 3 raids in WOD, FUCKING 3. Thats not trustworthy, thats BULLSHIT. Remove them.

I'm willing to wait if it means that it'll be an even better game, but I've been waiting for years now. Just as well, my computer is garbage and can't run shit right now.

>uses fallout 4 as a pic related for how Bethesda is maybe
Dude fallout 4 is awful

Taleworlds/paradox

Who else hype for Bannerlord

Remove Blizzard from this list. Now.

They've fucked up all of their IP's in the last 8 years. They've abandoned everything that made them great, and isolated all the fans that made them what they are.

Blizzard is an EA/Nexxon Tier company at this point.

You know how disappointed I was to buy WoD and literally sit in a garrison all day after finishing all the shifty content in two weeks. They straight up took everyone for a ride.

>Rockstar
shat out GTA 5 which is inda shit
>Blizzard
cashes in on soulless tf2 clone
>Gearbox Software
Bordelands still sux
>Telltale Games
Always where money whores. took a fucking brand deal to do a microsoft ip game .. make mincraft
>Bethesda
fallout 4 was great but a dire rpg

>gta v
>shit

m8 are you retarded

Thats why Pic was Semi related, it only gets a maybe because it can be heavily modded, which Bethesda doesn't mind at all.

That screenshot was taken during the early stages of the game with a mod that allowed me to use all clothing slots.

fuck off, they raped and ruined Ace of Spades. Its the first time ive been unreasonably pissed at a game developer

Play now win later is a trap. Always playing catch-up

I feel like Gearbox should get a maybe as well seeing the whole Aliens debacle they had a few years back.

supergiant, very small dev team
2 games released,
>Bastion (OVERALL: Overwhelmingly Positive (19,500 reviews)
>Transistor OVERALL: Overwhelmingly Positive (13,567 reviews)

Why the fuck anyone thinks Overwatch is ground-breaking is literally fucking beyond me.

It's TF2 with fewer options. Go fuck yourself sperg.

>rockstar
GTAV
>blizzard
WotLK, Cata, MoP, Wod, Legion, SC2, Overwatch, HotS, Hearthstone
>Telltale
JP the game, Walking Dead S2
>Bethesda
Skyrim, TESO, F4

I mean come on man, are you even trying?

>Fallout 4
>RPG
Pick one...

>GTA V bad
Sure, the multiplayer isn't but the main story is amazing. The writing is sublime, the music is great, the gameplay is fantastic.

Exactly, its how they get more people to pay for their stupid virtual shit.

Fair enough, good points.

>CD Projekt Red
>Rockstar
>Square Enix
>Gearbox Software
>Telltale Games (MAYBE)
>Frontier Games
>Larian Games
>Bethesda (MAYBE)
>Obsidian

As much as we should shit on Bethesda for certain things, TESO wasn't Bethesda. It was Zenimax.

If we are removing blizzard, remove bethesda. Fallout 4 was shit, skyrim is shit. Release a remaster of the most recent title of a franchise is pure horseshit

that's actually sony's fault

WOTLK was fucking amazing, how very dare you. Walking Dead Season 2 was also fucking amazing.

Hey dad what does a bias look like

Valve is kind of Trustworthy, except for their timing.

Remove rockstar you cuck. WHERE'S THE SINGLE PLAYER DLC YOU FUCKS

Fallcry 4. war never changes.
At least farcry was interesting.

have you played gta 4?

-gta 5´s open world is pretty but barren and empty
-viceral feedbakc is unimpactfull
-small details that made gta4 and sa fun where left out
> but mah gta online
shit lobby system
just drivin around and explosions
-short campaign
-nothing to do in open world
-repetetive as shit after campaign

I only like two of the developers you listed.
Gearbox and Bethesda. They're the only ones you listed who have put out games I enjoy.

I'm sure many things are amazing if you've recently been lobotomised by a rusty spoon.

youtube.com/watch?v=KNDRb9_sZ9E

>Rockstar
I bet their next GTA will be purely micro transactions to play online.

Not really. They don't do anything anymore apart from take money from the cash cow that is csgo.

Damn straight

And what about the Paradox Interactive?

It looks like the back of my hand you ungrateful little shit. Do your fucking chores while I tell you about what it's like to walk to school uphill both ways in six feet of snow.

Same user. I didnt say it was ground-breaking. I said it existed you fucking shitbird

good points bro, i can agree with the multiplayer

i still enjoyed the single player, although i see your points about the little things. overall i still dont think it's enough to call it shit though, ya feel?

Gta 4 was quite shite too though. Liberty city was boring and the missions were tedious and not only that, if you failed you would have to restart the entire fucking mission including driving your way to the mission start from the hospital.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>blizzard

Guys, don't forget that we're not talking about the quality of the games here, we're talking about how often they lie or are generally dishonest to their audience during Marketing/Sales Pitch/Etc

Forgetting about dota man.
Every single game they did was great..

Yeah Valves a good company and i defiantly see them as trustworthy but they dont make games anymore, they make money.

>CD Projekt Red

They announced Cyberpunk 2077 since... what, 2012? and all we've gotten thus far ever since was a CGI trailer and a few behind the scenes photos of that same trailer.

Hello Games

Why did you link this stupid compilation to me?

Bluzzard kek
>"We will give you WOW that YOU want"
>Gives us shit in nice box

very niche audience, but their games are great nonetheless. publish aspect is also very good imo

Well not shit but a mayor fucking disapointment considering all the money that went into it

That's why I said they don't do anything anymore you fucking idiot

Nice definition yah got there, i have no idea what it has to do with that i said but thanks for it anyways kiddo.

Pretty sure when you advertise """""THE GREATEST GAME EVER"""""" then change shit to make it bad, release it in an unplayable state, or, do generally dishonest things that only came about after games were popularized and massive publishers took over and started dictating profit margins rather than quality product... that's the sort of thing gamers view as dishonest.

lol take off Bliz, have you forgotten the money AH already? "it's integral to the experience" - gets as much money as they can from it till the money isn't worth the bad press, removes it.

>inb4 Kojima Productions will actually be a MASSIVE log of turd
Calling that shit

It's going to be good, they're not promising a release date so we have every reason to believe that they're going big and beautiful on it.

The one they announced was scrapped ages ago user, it's only recently been picked back up again

Bohemia interactive.
Other than the slow crawl of a development that is dayz they do everything they say they will

are you fucking retarded

>fallout 4 was great but a dire rpg

>rockstar
>trustworthy

Lol their last good game was Liberty City Stories you nigger.

Well I sure hope it's good, the way it's going thus far gives me the impression that it's stuck in development hell.

But it wasn't a good fps either. It was bland and boring and the action was shit. It was a shit RPG and wasn't good at anything else.

Valve used to be extremely trustworthy until they fucked over csgo and tf2s communities. Overkill studios was also trustworthy until they fucked over their fanbase.

My vote goes to blizzard. Sure they rape you at 15 bucks a month for WoW. And sure they could have handled Diablo 3 better but for the most part they make ok decisions for patches for their games. And on top of that most of their games have decent communities. (Except for star craft 2.)

Yes they take a exorbitant amount of time on all of there games, thats what makes them so quality and the reason they are on the top of the list. Do you want the game to be done quick or do you want it to be done correctly?

The biggest thing anyone can take away from this thread is that while some people can argue for certain companies... the vast majority of the industry is widely hated by gamers as a whole.

It's actually pretty fucking sad.

Don't be a dense cunt mate

>dire
>adjective
>1. extremely serious or urgent.
>fallout 4 was great but an extremely serious rpg

sub-human level bait attempt.

add hello games to the list, they made an amazing space sim called no mans sky