How was young Clark Kent playing superman

if Superman didn't exist yet?

This movie is fucking retarded.

He was playing a superhero.

yeah, THAT'S why it sucked

So he modeled himself off a character someone else created? why even show this in the movie?

gorgeous

Flash showed him a picture of Superman from the future, but he came too soon in his little virgin ass.

I'm new to Sup Forums, been a regular to other boards for years. I got memed into watching this again since I everyone's still talking about it and I thought it was forgettable tripe.

Just finished watching it for the first time since release and it's even worse than I remembered.

There are basically no redeeming features.
It's not even a good fireworks display.
It's sub-MCU trash that takes itself too seriously to even be fun trash.
It lifted its structure from Batman Begins without any of Nolan's skill.
Everything was too slow apart from the ridiculous virtual camera panning on bullshit CG
Superman didn't even do any saving the say until Zod turned up.

I fucking hate this place for tricking me into sitting through that shit.

I could've watched a classic that I hadn't got round to.

Fuck you guys.

I hope you're not implying that depicting a child using his imagination is somehow wrong, or that the child's behavior somehow makes adult superman an imitation, or that any of that even matters within the context of the story.

Why? I don't know, insight into the most fundamental element of the character? That beneath everything piled on by life experience and super powers there's a hero/savior at the core of Clark.

I don't know, I just really like 3000 mph megaton punches tbqhwyf

he was a meme (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

Snyder said its something innate within him from his culture where capes were common.

But it could also be because capes are cool.

Clearly he's trying to be like Warrior Angel, go watch Smallville you pleb

So exactly how do capes become connected with heroism without superman?

The Shadow and Zorro wore capes

You know what, you're right, with superman having invented capes an all. Pretty dumb mistake on Snyder's part.

nah nigga, capes were fashionable in the periods when they were created.

>z connecting x with y means z invented x

so whats it like being retarded

You do realize superman predates the shadow by a year?

He was replaying the last stand of the 300, yous fucks.

He was playing at being a hero; he was unconsciously expressing himself, expressing the archetype with which he related. Superman is just the conscious manifestation of his latent self.

Learn basic psychology.

>the character consciously manifested something that didn't exist in his reality and only exists in our reality because the character created the link

so the nigga psychic too?

Let me try again, mad user: In a world where Superman comics do not exist do you think comics themselves don't exist? And heroes in tights with capes likewise could not exist in any shape or form? Their existence is an impossibility because you're wrapped up in correlation between capes and superman in this world? There is absolutely no way the medium exists and therefore nothing little Clark could've read and felt inspired to emulate?

>(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
Go back to Sup Forums, faggot

You are fucking retarded.

>anyone who acknowledges that superman created the link between capes and heroism is retarded

DC fans, everyone.

except the archetype is assumed to be superman

Do you even know how to read, moron?

You aren't wrong, but don't scare it away yet. Let us measure the depth and severity of this particular case.

Its not just assumed to be superman, it is superman. Its impossible to mistake it for anything other than superman.

No, the archetype is the hero. Superman is a conscious expression of that archetype.

Think through what you're saying nigga. The cultural concept of caped crusaders didn't exist until superman hammered down the link. So you're trying to say clark kent, in a world without fiction built around tights-wearing cape-sporting god-figures running around punching bad guys, unconsciously expressed an archtype that did not exist until he, himself, generated it.

if you asked anyone which hero has a cape, they would answer superman or batman, neither of which existed in this kids world

maybe you could argue it was a kryptonian thing but obviously he didnt know that shit either

The link between heroism, and "the cape", directly originates from the high middle ages, mostly due to the romance novels of the time.

Even before then there was a vague relationship between martial glory, and "the cape" due to Roman soldiers, and due to ancient Hellenic warriors.

You not only are an idiot, but also severely ignorant. I think you might be illiterate.

>the link between capes and heroism originates from a period where capes were simply high fashion

you have literal shit for brains.

is that why his alien dad gave him a krptonian suit that fit that exact archtype

oh yeah all those romance novels of the middle ages

>neither of which existed in this kid's world
whats to say they dont have a retard man comic with a caped hero in it? just because superman isnt in there they cant have their own heroes?? the new york times isnt in superman so how can they have newspapers with words in them? huh faggot?

>there are people literally arguing that this scene makes sense instead of just admitting its a classic case of style over substance

So now your argument as to why it makes sense for clark kent to imitate an archtype his character invented before it was invented is the supposition there's similar works of fiction that invented the archtype in clark's universe, despite there being absolutely nothing even so much as hinting at that what so ever?

you're done

Are you serious?

Blaze Comics is a comic store in Man of Steel. Needless to say, there are comics of superheroes in this world. Why you have such a big problem of accepting this is beyond me.

No cape.

Booster Gold is the one running the shop. They sell more than one comic. Are you really this retarded?

Feel free to prove "caped crusaders" existed in the superman universe (or even the snyderverse) before superman.

>still arguing with a moron that advertises his low social and education level with the use of 'nigga' ref: and and

This idiot was BTFO and the whole argument was /thread here and nigga just wants attention

yo nigga, i like how you tryin to discredit that other nigga's arguments with excuses and extrapolation on top of how that nigga talk, yo. makes u look mad smart.

the arguments contained within were soundly refuted elsewhere in the thread. Hell, is just a regurgitation of other posts that no one responded to because it was simply just a regurgitation of other posts.

But heres another (you) so you can feel people aren't ignoring you.

I got a few moments before my gf starts blowing me again so I'd be happy to introduce provincials to bustling world of Snyder and Capekino.

How can Clark Kent pretend to be Superman when Superman does not yet exist? I'm glad you ask since admitting ignorance is the first step to true understanding. But first you must delve deeper, truly accept that everything you've watched since your mother first abandoned you in fort that fuzzy CRT to fend for yourself has taught you nothing. In fact, in signs meanings of cinema, it has actually hindered you. Snyder doesn't employ--Her she comes, talk to you guys later.

You don't get it.
Zack Snyder is asking a deep philosophical and ethical question about nature vs nurture. He's asking if we are truly our own men or if we are destined to become what our fathers intend. The codex of the Kryptonian people is in his blood because of some complex technical reason and science that clearly had to be left on the cutting room floor to appease the plebeian masses need for a shorter run time. This one scene of Clark as a child tells the audience about a man who grew into his destiny, the dramatic earth shattering fate of wearing a slightly dark red cape. The film wraps up toward the end with this scene to show how far he's come because we would never have known that Clark was a young boy in Smallville who ran around in a field without it.

That or Snyder is just superficially copying imagery of the character everyone knows to cash in on a mythos that was well established before him and he's just cashing in on everyone else's work on the character.
Naaaaw. Couldn't be that.

>when capeshit is actually 2deep4u

If Green Lantern doesn't wear a cape, that still don't mean he ain't just another capeshit character. I hope his new movie bombs like his last one.

>Zorro
Don't you mean King Arthur in Excalibur.
Don't you dare leave out such a deep meaningful reference to a cinema masterpiece. This film is what inspired Batman to become the dark knight and take on the monster just like Arthur killed Grendel. It's a brilliant analogy that only a true film connoisseur like Snyder can make.

calm down m8

in a world without superman, capes are associated with ancient regalia.

Absolutely hilarious how Snyder's consistently excellent work seems to trigger the MCUck nu-males on this board.

it's pretty depressing the lengths they go to to justify not liking his kino

Red capes aren't only associated with Superman you retarded pleb. Xenophon mentioned Spartan generals wearing crimson cloaks into battle.

This may very well be Snyder subtly referencing his other masterpiece, 300.

You need to step up your game. There's literally nothing that could be said in response to that.

why not?

He was pretending to be Zorro dummy

/thread is full of decomposed bait

You should stay out of Sup Forums. Plebs like you are what is ruining the show. You probably came because of le ebin memes too.