/Ummah/ - Muslim general

Salam alaykum to any muslim brothers and sisters in Islam, and those interested in learning about the faith of Allah subhanna wa ta ala as taught to us by his prophets.

La illaha illa Allah Muhammad Rasul Allah

>>Sup Forums

Salam alaykum and a mahatma gandhi to you as well, brother

Allahu Illah Muhammad Illallah

Reminder that Shias are masterrace

ibadi for life, cunt

>being a pussiflied khawarij
Yeah no

All non wahhabists/salafists are desu

what is ibadi about anyway? i just picked it because oman has a funny name

Alaykum wa salam

Mashallah

Got into an interesting conversation of faith and god with a Catholic priest today at a homeless shelter. No debates just a discussion of our different yet similar philosophies.

What are some of the things you guys talked about? Was the priest also a volunteer?

Going to work

Inshallah you have a safe day brother

Thoughts on God and similar views of Jesus/Isa. Got into a bit of discussion also on Roman Catholic history in Bengal. He wasn't a volunteer per say, but he's the one who helps keep track of their donations and provides many of them with activities.

He also works with the former drug addicts IIRC

Oh that's nice Bengali bro. I spent my day volunteering at a high school in the ghetto through a program by my schools MSA. Pretty much they're sophomores that are in honors classes but since its such a poor area that's not saying much and I'm helping get them interested in going to college and such

Ullallà Lupo Ulolalà Lupo Ululì

Osama lakum mashala. Am I too late to join?

I almost puked. Go away Lindsay

That's pretty well done. How do you convince them to go to college?

Excellent post

Well today was the first day so it was more of an introductory thing, but two sisters and I talked to them about what their interests are and what they might want to do major wise and career wise when they're done with school, and we basically tried building their trust and getting an idea of where to go from there. Two brothers and a sister also go to this school with us but they work with kids who are on the verge of dropping out of high school and to try and motivate them to graduate

>religious Iranian outside of Iran

I lived in a ghetto area for about 4 years. I noticed all the black kids that did well had a present, non-abusive father in their life. Granted some of them will tragically fall into peer pressure. Knew a couple kids that did well in school but, ended up going to prison for some misdeeds. Tragic

A lot of Iranians who came after 2008 are religious desu. You're thinking of the 80s and 90s immigrants. My family came in the early 70s though as refugees to escape the shah
Tragic indeed :(
The high school felt like a prison to me. I never realized how privileged I was when I was in high school. These kids have it rough

I also figured, do any of them talk about Islam or interest in converting? I honestly think Islam or any non-protestant religion could help their community by making them avoid drugs, pre-marital sex, and all that nonsense.

>tfw agnostic

>after 2008

Why then?

I agree Islam would help their communities a lot and we face similar discriminations as both being from people of immigrants.
They haven't asked me about Islam but I'm hoping that if we as Muslims can make a difference in these kids lives that one day they will seek out Allah and eventually their communities will seek out a better life for themselves than the ones society has delt them. They seem to think of us as fellow brothers and sisters under oppression though, I saw two pro Islamic posters in the classroom, one about Muslim women standing up against oppression and discrimination in the west, and another one with a hijabi standing with a black and Mexican woman
This Mexican kid Jesus I was talking to was a very good artist drawing a simpsons picture of Trump for some love Trumps hate thing their school is doing

Have you had any interesting happen at the homeless shelter other than connecting with the priest? :3

Enough time has passed where all the Iranians who hated the government have already left, so the immigrants who come now come for the same reason other people from Muslim countries do, for economic benefits mostly and to live in more wealthy countries

>They seem to think of us as fellow brothers and sisters under oppression though, I saw two pro Islamic posters in the classroom, one about Muslim women standing up against oppression and discrimination in the west, and another one with a hijabi standing with a black and Mexican woman
That's heartwarming

>This Mexican kid Jesus I was talking to was a very good artist drawing a simpsons picture of Trump for some love Trumps hate thing their school is doing
Based

>Have you had any interesting happen at the homeless shelter other than connecting with the priest?
Well, I'm connecting well with the few children there. People seem to like me. I managed to test out a breathalyzer.

We also held a 13 year old's birthday (on Friday the 13th too)

Other than that it's been chill. Except for this homeless lady that's been flirting with me..

This homeless lady is being flirtatious with me.

i will fuk ur women

ahahaha ur women will bear unbelivers babies hahahahahahahahaaha stinky muslim

420 genocide of middle east is a lie

Pretty sure Alexander the Great was dead by the time Islam started.

too bad you only fucked them back when they weren't muslims my dear we wuzers

im reincarnation of Alexander the gr8 m8 i just b8 dont h8 lets tra8

This whole thread reminded me of this worker who wouldn't shut the fuck up about islam and tried to convert everyone. Pretty much people avoided him like the plague.

>Well, I'm connecting well with a few children there. People seem to like me. I managed to test out a breathalyzer
That's nice to hear Bengali-kun ^_^ Making a difference in these people's lives and showing them the kindness of Muslims is the best way for us to pay our debt to Allah imho
Earlier when I said I hate kuffar I mostly meant privelaged white people .-.
I do feel a lot of sympathy for people in poverty
>We also held a 13 year old's birthday(on Friday the 13th too)
Spooky O.o
>Except for this homeless lady that's been flirting with me..
W-what O_O
How do you plan to deal with that situation?
Cool story

Neat, United Macedonia when?

soon brotha soon

Do you all belive in islam and all of that shit i hope you are all agnostic or just apriciate the culture of your ancestory and don't care much about islam

becuase that shit can fuck you up

idk if what you said is true but i really hate these type of people

There's one thing I don't get about Islam.

Some say that in order to become a Muslim, all it takes is to understand and recite the shahada.
But then if you don't adapt to some strict rules, or belong to the wrong confession / school, suddenly you're not a Muslim anymore?

Alexander the Great was Greek Macedon

You are a slav. Literally the Greeks named you "slaves" which where Slav comes from.

Also modern """Macedonia""" is 1/3 Muslim

Lel

i thought to become a muslims all you had to do with ALLAHU THE AKBAR out of shoping malls or areas packed with people.

tell me do you dream about cutting the head of nonbelivers?

I believe in Islam, just not all of it.

>Earlier when I said I hate kuffar I mostly meant privelaged white people
That's better at least

>How do you plan to deal with that situation?
I try to remain indifferent, apathetic and make it seem I'm oblivious to it.

You don't have to be a strict Muslim, you just have to follow the Qur'an, the 5 pillars of Islam, and recognize Allah as the one and only god and his prophet Mohammad pbuh as his messenger

Do you dream of being Greek?

Your people tried to convince the world you are Macedons but nobody believes you lol

see the problem is the muslims themselves, eg.turks dont usually follow majority of the strict rules while saudi's will do and then they will call turks non muslims for not following them

>I try to remain indifferent, apathetic, and make it seem I'm oblivious to it.
I hope it works for you Bengali bro. If it becomes too tough though maybe you should tell a supervisor
Turks suck Saudi cock tho

actually my famaly roots are from agean macedonia.

you have to know a bit about balkan history and the roman empire etc to understand the ethnicities of the peninsula.

only thing separating the balkan peninsula is the languag due to an event known as the great migration of people that happend at the decline of the roman empire.

same event is happening with the migration in the west today but lets see if the western nations have learned the mistakes of my people and how it will reflect the future generations of the western civilized world

but i am deffinetly sure the progress of humanity can be halted with your muslim shit.

oh well we have china thats on a great path for humanity

It is true, the guy eventually got fire because people got fed up with his shit and was told to stop it.

I don't get it why sometimes they have to shove up their religion on people, they are no different that the crazy fuckers in street corners who keeps telling everyone they are going to hell if they don't accept jesus.

Ismaili reporting

muslims are just shit-tier people mate.

She's had a tough past and she's leaving by the end of the month so I'm willing to put up with it until then.

Very well, good luck with your dream of United Macedonia man. Hope you and your country prosper well.

why do you need to recognize him as the only god? can't you just follow the pillars and all that stuff that is suppose to make you a better person? Seems like the most important thing the whole prophet wanted to get across?

depends on where are they from and how well are they educated

Doesn't matter what you claim. You can claim anything you want, there's no way to prove you wrong.

What I can say is that 1/3rd of your country are Muslims.

You speak a Slavic language.

You write your Slavic language in Cyrillic, a bastardized, mong version of Greek.

The Greeks think your country is an abomination. A corruption of their history. They see you as culture vultures and have nothing to do with their history.

I don't give a fuck about Islam or what you think about it. I'm not Muslim, I had a nice glass of wine couple hours ago lol.

seems like anyone who willingly subscribes bronze age fairy tales can't be that educated.
plus Islam just spreads social disharmony and death wherever it goes on the world. something definitely wrong with it.

Salam alaykum my Ismaili brother ^_^
>She's had a tough past
I-I'm sorry to hear that ;_;
>she's leaving by the end of the month
Well that's good then. In that case I would put up with it until then
>why do you need to recognize god as god?
???

GOD DAMN IT EYES

>why do you need to recognize him as the only god?
That's how it's been.

> can't you just follow the pillars and all that stuff that is suppose to make you a better person?
Well that might invalidate some of the pillars, but I suppose fasting does have the added benefit of practicing self-control and discipline. And prayer can also be seen as a form of meditation so that can help with one's mental health.

>why do you need to recognize god as god?
Mostly meant for polytheism or people who have a different view of the one god.

ITT: USA, UK, Sweden, Finland, Canada

only 1 muslim country flagh, Indonesia

typical, fcking parasites

>And prayer can also be seen as a form of meditation so that can help with one's mental health.

idk that has never worked for me ive never felt that ""good sensation"" whenever i prayed when i was muslim

You seem more helpful than the iranian guy, at least to talk about religion or islam.

>why do you need to recognize him as the only god?
isnt that the whole point of abrahmaic religions? believing that there is one god period.

muslims tend to murder/persecute people who take differing views. Was reading just the other day that there are certain groups in Iran who are just flat-out banned from being educated purely based on their religious belief (they dont think big mo was a prophet or some shit).
plus all the other heinous shit you read about muslims doing to others/each other.

meh i forgot to reply to your post in a way that it will prove you wrong.

first of all we may speak slavic but big chunk of our words are latin,greek.turkish and slavic

the thing that Cyrilic alphabet is in part version of the greek alphabet is right because the symbols of some letters match but that only proves my point that people here have their helenic roots

while greeks are xehnophobic and haven't progressed since the ancient era and their country is in bigger shit than mine proves how irrelevant your jerking about the history is.

not only that but being proud of your history while you don't think about the future means you won't have any future

And i wish my country isn't fucking 1/3 but what can i do when fucking Albanians are durka durka and sent hundreds of man to ISIS

maybe you shouldn't support them much

my african american i aint even a muslim

yea but they all disagree in the type of god he is.

>You speak a Slavic language.

>Bolivian indios speak Spanish hence they're Spaniards.

>turkish
TURK'D

What it requires to be a Muslim is believe God is only one and Muhammed is his prophet. There's then six pillars of Iman that make you a believer (Believe in Allah, his prophets, his angels, his books, judgement day, and destiny good and bad) and five pillars of Islam (Shahada, prayer, fasting, hajj/pilgrimage, zakat/donation). Now as a Muslim you're required to do these things. However if you don't, you're still a Muslim, just a shitty one. If you say that you believe these things aren't required then you have rejected a pillar of Islam then no longer Muslim. But if you belive they're required but don't do them you're just a sinner.

Christianity, Judaism, and Islam all worship the same god
So you want to only subscribe to the parts of the religion you like to reap in the benefits while ignoring the parts you don't like? You're not following gods message then, so what's the point?

nah they disagree on what god allegedly told some old fart many, many centuries ago (no proof of this ever occurring aside from holy texts written by men).

>what god actually meant to say was this...
lol

its called a region that was centar of civilization for nearly 1.7k years m8

Google Ismaili and get back to me bro

;^)

I think of it as a possibility, from what I've seen prayer does help a lot of people regardless of religion but, obviously not everyone.

I do enjoy reading on other religions and such. And it's purpose in a modern day society. So thanks

Yet there is still a shitload of conflict due to the same god.

thats ali not mohammed ya dummy

Ancient Macedon was not even a quarter of modern Macedonia. Why can't you accept you guys are Slavs? It's so funny

Also

>In 2002, Muslims form approximately 33.33% of the nation's total population.[6] In 2010, 39.3% of the population were Muslim.[7][8] However, Islam is predicted to be become the largest religion in the country by 2050, with almost half of the country adhering to the faith. [9]

You should change your trip to "Ahmed", it's going to be more accurate than Alexander

she'd be murdered in any real muslim country

That's a picture of Imam Ali, not the prophet Mohammad just so you know.

>while ignoring the parts you don't like?
Well yea, I'm not about to go and stone a woman that got raped for example, or ostracize people who believe different than me, or watch idly while someone is getting whipped publicly.

None of that is Islamic though, it's just crazy people who happen to live in Muslim countries

>9gag
>mlp
>anime
>reddit
>male feminism

Asalamy amaleykum jihad allagu akbar kyafir

suka blyad :DDDD

how about learn the greek civil war and the macedonians who fought along side the greek leftists

and how about learn about the balkan wars population and how "Slavs" were a majority during the WW1 in the agean macedonia.

As i said geneticly we are not slavs while linguisticly we are

so since me and you speak english language that doesn't make us englishman does it fucktard

Do you rape white and chinks girls?

Though you have a point, belief in one god and Allah is one of the main points of Islam. You can ignore those examples but, ignoring the main concept of it all then it's a bit hard to take you seriously as a Muslim. We can honestly argue whether we shouldn't do such things as it's not really permitted. But, belief in one god is still important. Just curious are you a follower of a polytheistic religion by chance?

Wa alaykum assalam pidorashka

Haplomemes confirm that most of the Balkan population (save the Slovenes) are direct descendants of the population of anitquity m8.

A good part just took the language as a unifying factor from Venedic (West-Slavic) tribes migrating south. These tribes were numerically far smaller than the native population, hence the relatively small % of R1a subclades in the Balkans (again, save for Slovenia).

This happen quite often during history. Look at the Turks, the conquering Turkics were only 10% of the population yet they enforced their language and habits upon the mass.

Also in pagan Europe, it was not ncommon to adopt the language and habits of a more succesful neighbouring tribe, in the belief that it would give them the same power. And after the unification of several smaller tribes under the names Franks, Saxons and Allemanni, the same happened in the East and South-East under the Slavic banner.

tl;dr you are completely wrong

>None of that is Islamic though
That is bullshit and you know it, just like in the old testament it spelled out what to do with your slaves, animal sacrifices, etc. It was part of the religion and was meant to be follow no matter what until the new testament.

i aint muslim nigga
also whats your longest squat?

Source: your ass