St. Vincent's Marry Me turns 10 this year. Thoughts?

St. Vincent's Marry Me turns 10 this year. Thoughts?

RemindMe! June 10, 2017 "Marry Me 10"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=c4sLwt8mhZs
archive.is/iKqsq
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

*july

quite eclectic and idiosyncratic for an indie pop album

'now, now' is one of my favorite songs by her

SHE IS OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD

Do you guys ever consume media that has Carrie Brownstein or Cara Delevingne in it and you're just like "Wow, it's interesting to see Annie's leftovers in action"?

I feel old now, t-thank you OP

Too bad her career is dead, she was talented.

It's still shit.

bump

Please rec more like Marry Me

I'm pretty sure her S/T was actually her more commercially successful album so far
This

not an opinion, just a false statement

>career is dead
>last album was her most successful on all fronts, got her a Grammy, and was high on almost every end of the year list
>has been on several magazine covers in the past few years
>is directing a short film and releasing a new album, as well as scoring a film or short

Will she ever revisit the Marry Me sound?

Marry Me was one of her best albums, as well as Actor. Her sound started getting distorted as of late. Her latest album wasnt nearly as good as Marry Me

Terrible album, all her others are better. Only worth listening to you if you masturbate to her voice.

Actor is shit and is overrated af

Strange Mercy = S/T > Marry Me >>> Actor >>>>> Love This Giant

fef, more like
Actor > Marry Me >S/T >Love this Giant >>>>> Strange Mercy

Coincidentally enough, I just started listening to St. Vincent today, and just finished the album before reading this thread. Anyway it's a really good album, and I'm looking forward to hearing her other albums.

Lucky not having to wait three years from her last album.

Paris Is Burning is one of my favorite tracks. Love the imagery.

Megan Trainor has a Grammy.

too bad she never made another baroque song again

i listened to her self-titled again today and realized it's actually pretty good not cringe at all

>2014: "I still remember going to the CD World and buying The Sensual World when I was sixteen. And the cover, there’s a rose in front of her mouth that has bloomed, she’s got big wide eyes. And I remember, you know, putting it in the shitty car stereo on the way home, and you know, my life was forever changed.”

youtube.com/watch?v=c4sLwt8mhZs

46:47

>2007: "And I also— this may sound really silly— but I just discovered Kate Bush, probably six months ago, and I think she’s so great. I know I’m very late to the party here [laughs], I know this is old news, but I got a Kate Bush record, and I forget— I think “The Dreaming” is on it, though I’m spacing on the name of the record.”

archive.is/iKqsq