I need some help

i need some help.
ive always wanted to learn about cyber defense and on the other side of the coin, how to hack.
ive never really gotten into it because i dont even know where to start.\
so. where should i start?
i really wanna learn this stuff.

Other urls found in this thread:

play.google.com/store/books/details?id=De_GBwAAQBAJ&source=productsearch&utm_source=HA_Desktop_US&utm_medium=SEM&utm_campaign=PLA&pcampaignid=MKTAD0930BO1&gl=US&gclid=CLnN6amV3c4CFUF4gQodD_wJmQ&gclsrc=ds
libraryqtlpitkix.onion/library/
xfmro3e2pkpej6tw.onion/
cybrary.it
fbi.gov/wanted/cyber
ghostbin.com/paste/pmgwfspm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Learn to use the Linux command line. Buy a $5/month server from DigitalOcean and start playing around. Log in, run stuff, host stuff on an apache server. Rinse, repeat.

Then learn to program. Focus on algorithms and low level C shit. Learn how exploits work, like buffer overflow shit. Move on to everything networking related.

Then pivot to focus on scripting, which is where you'll wind up doing your hacker stuff.

It's hard. Like a job. And you have to be both smart and autistic enough to live in code. So you probably can't do it. Good luck.

This week on, "How to Spot A 12 Year Old."

sounds pretty legit.i guess ill have to work on my autism a bit more so i can really make a success out of this hobby

more like "how to spot a mid 20s autist with a little too much time on their hands"

>always wanted to learn about cyber defense
>cyber defense
>cyber
No you didn't want to.

kali linux if you can't figure it out from there then fuck you

thanks brah, ill give it a shot

>not mentioning he needs to learn about protocols

if you want to understand anything you learn you first need to learn about how things work, learn the basics of how computers work, both the hardware and software. learn the protocols of networking. THEN you will be ready to learn it. after you understand all of that go buy a certificate guide like CEH cert guide or comptia security+

i took the CompTIA A+ shit a while ago, im a little rusty but i know my hardware and software . any advise on where to start with networking?

>CompTIA A+

If you already know that, that should honestly be enough to start the CEH guide, because they touch upon networking enough to understand what they show you. but if you want a more in depth understanding get the comptia network+ guide

play.google.com/store/books/details?id=De_GBwAAQBAJ&source=productsearch&utm_source=HA_Desktop_US&utm_medium=SEM&utm_campaign=PLA&pcampaignid=MKTAD0930BO1&gl=US&gclid=CLnN6amV3c4CFUF4gQodD_wJmQ&gclsrc=ds

sweet deal, ill def have to get this and the CEH guide.
thanks for the guidance m8

Hehe, you wanna learn what I know? How to make a "secure" network your little bitch?

The line forms behind me. I've been doing this shit since I was six, and I have multiple offers from the NSA. It's not easy, unless you're a genius who skipped two grades.

That CompTIA A+ shit looks interesting. Any way I can get my hands on some study books or course material with "discount"?

Also, if you are like me i would have liked specific steps telling me what to learn first. which for me those steps would be

read networking+ cert guide
read CEH cert guide
read comptia security+ cert guide
learn bash, then python, then java, then perl

and that is the basics of it, to learn more at this point you will want to start analyzing exploit code and reading research papers.

yeah, are you fine with .epub files? if so i have a tor link with a large pdf library, it has all of these books i recommended.

oh god, not python again.
fucking hated python

please yes. would love all of this!

kek, it was the first one i learned, seemed to be the easiest object oriented language.

k 1 sec. have it on a usb somewhere let me find it.

shiiiit nigga. do want

what would you recommend as an epub reader for windoze desktop?

i learned BASIC first. mostly i hated Python because my instructor was an ass.

libraryqtlpitkix.onion/library/

This one is bigger:
xfmro3e2pkpej6tw.onion/

Idk, i use linux

You don't learn to be a hacker.

You learn to be a system administrator and software developer with a sense for security. After a few years you will realize that most people are negligent when it comes to securing their systems and programs. You then realize you could abuse your knowledge to fuck them up or use your knowledge to educate them.

Act on that impulse to pick up the black or the white hat and congratulations, you are now a hacker.

Could you upload the zip on a file sharing service somewhere? Like, please?

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

depends on how long the thread stays alive and my internet speeds, i will download a few of them and update if i can do it. keep thread alive

If the thread 404s just make a new one. Or mail me the link to g1292279 at mvrht.com

Tnx user. You're the best

I could help you with a few links but its gonna take time for you to watch all the vids and understand it u want?

also i used to do this shit im telling you now don't download the files on the onion sites and infact u probs wont find them very helpful for piratical use so dont bother with em

ill try to keep the thead alive

yeah, any info is greatly appreciated

u got a email m8?

> u probs wont find them very helpful for piratical use

kek, how is a book that prepares you for a test all about security not going to be helpful when you want to learn about security?

I mean if he wants to say hack a site the book wont be as helpful as tutorials on how to use sqlmap

Just some pdfs or epubs would be cool tbh. No need for gigs of vids.

>this is now a knowledge sharing thread

> im telling you now don't download the files on the onion sites

you can read it without downloading

It's not download u can watch em on youtube

Sick. Got any links? Channels and shit.

first you need a base OS for your operations - google "tails linux" - this is a good way to stay anonymous

yea but

cybrary.it

Thank me later user

It was too slow, it would take 20 minutes for me to download one, plus however long it would take to upload it.

Seriously if somebody uploads this useful shit for me like CEH, CompTIA A+ etc mentioned above then I'll be grateful forever and will do my duty as a tech/IT person to expand my knowledge with it

gwhizzy175 gmail com

>cyber
XD hahahaha you said it friend

What's the catch?

wheres the shit?
nothin is "free"

Sheet nigga. Thanks for trying tho.

Any other way I can acquire said resources without resorting to Tor? I don't want my home network to turn into an FBI node.

take some IT classes at your local CC thats a good start

>
>What's the catch?
I have yet to find one really. The only *catch* is that to get the pretty certificates from them is that you need their virtual currency which you can just earn easily via daily logins, or buy it.

I'm not really into hacking but I want to know the names of some "hacker legends" (also criminal backgroud) that are still out there. I'm sure you guys heard of them

Who needs certificates? I just want the knowledge. I don't need no paper stating that I've successfully consumed said knowledge.

same TBH.
anything computer related has been a pretty big hobby of mine, id rather keep it a hobby than a career haha

>
>Who needs certificates? I just want the knowledge. I don't need no paper stating that I've successfully consumed said knowledge.
People that need to prove to their boss that they did the thing.

> hacker legends
> that are still out there

fbi.gov/wanted/cyber

I don't want to learn it for my boss. I want to learn it for myself tbh.

Even then I can probably convince my boss to let me take a course on his costs, ace it and acquire said certificate with ease.

>cyber defense and on the other side of the coin, how to hack

Well first you need to learn how stuff works.

You could either learn to program so you can learn to program viruses and make program exploit weaknesses.

Or

Learn about the networking side, how things connect together, what to do to stop people entering the network/system in the first place.
And thus how to penetrate systems and networks.

Either way you need to start with the basics.
Learn to either program or how networks work and talk. OSI, TCP IP. Learn how firewalls work, how access control works.

Do cisco CCENT and CCSA for networks.
Take CEH courses.
Most of the information can be found on yourtube.

I know it can be daunting on where to start so literally just learn the very basics of either first then the rest will slowly fall into place.

Are they really good at what they are doing? Otherwise the fbi would not know shit about their existance

this
Elliot approves

>
>I don't want to learn it for my boss. I want to learn it for myself tbh.
>
>Even then I can probably convince my boss to let me take a course on his costs, ace it and acquire said certificate with ease.
So then just use it for the knowledge, when you want something real go look into the oscp cert by offensive security. That cert's test is a actual practical exam where you have to exploit your way through a virtual environment to pass. Good shit.

Aight sweet fam. Thanks for the tip

Also years ago there used to be this shit called 'hack this site'. Stuff like that still around and worth checking out to practice?

I still use AOL for my email.

Discuss.

>Are they really good at what they are doing? Otherwise the fbi would not know shit about their existance

>thinking any pleb can get on the FBI cyber most wanted list

he wanted to know the ones still out there, if they aren't on the FBI's radar or any agencies radar they likely haven't done anything big.

Google these
exploit-db
hackthissite
cybrary
hackforums

>
>Aight sweet fam. Thanks for the tip
>
>Also years ago there used to be this shit called 'hack this site'. Stuff like that still around and worth checking out to practice?
Apply Google faggot, and yeah it still exists and is worth is, so is a virtual machine called webgoat, also metasploitable2 is decent.

Tnx fam

>apply google
No shit sherlock. I just wanted to know what you guys have experience with and if you can recommend me anything in particular

Tnx tho!

Here OP i have finally made it

ghostbin.com/paste/pmgwfspm

password is password

Paste will expire in ten mins so copy it all

>book wont be as helpful as tutorials on how to use sqlmap
kek, so you would rather him learn how to use a tool someone else made, rather than learning how to manually do it? also the books teach about those automated tools, it also teaches that when you use one if they have ANY ids system in place they will know what is going on.

>scriptkiddie stuff

Yeah, no thanks. Give me something to learn, not a shitty 'how to use sqlmap'.

You OP?

No fam. Just another user

>how to join anonymous

top fucking kek

Well that was for OP who would use the script kiddie stuff also it is used by pen testers to save time along with a lot of tools in kali and parrot

More how to get involved with Operations and it aint my site so...

Ah no I'm just an user hungry for proper knowledge, not how to be a scriptkiddie and how to use loic

kek sqlmap isn't a gui and is used by many pen testers it aint exactly script kiddie and is in no way the same as loic u knob if u want proper knowledge look uo how to do manual sql injection

>used by pen testers to save time

yes it is, but they usually have permission to do those tests, and WHILE they are running the automated tools they will spend time doing manual stuff.

>if u want proper knowledge look uo how to do manual sql injection

holy fucking shit. does learning about sql injection teach you actually HOW to hack? no, it doesn't, so stop suggesting skid stuff and fuck off.

OP HERE
thanks for all the input. got alot of info and books i gotta sift through.
seems the basic gist is learning a bit of linux, networking the CEH stuff and maybe some basic programming?

I've used sqlmap before, because I was also young and dumb once. Nowadays you won't really find unescaped GET/POST parameters directly injected in queries anymore because everyone and his mother knows that you should always escape user input

Any chance to zip the pdfs/epubs and upload that shit on mega or whatever?

most of the shit i was able to nab were physical books n shit.
like 30 bucks for a textbook.
not bad tbh

There's a organization called cyberpatriot you could try out. They're ran through the air force and they teach on stuff like cyber defense and such. I did it for awhile when I was in JROTC in high school.

You know there is no other side of the coin.

The only way to be a good "hacker" is to know a lot about security, because you'll know what holes the security can have. Actually working in the field helps more because you can see flaws from others there.

Also good luck you seem dimwitted and incapable of becoming anything but a script kiddie.

Not implying I'm anything close, I just know what path I'd have to take to get closer to that goal. IDC I want munnie and beer.