What is the most prestigious music that a 20-something can listen to without looking like a sexless dork?

What is the most prestigious music that a 20-something can listen to without looking like a sexless dork?

For example, Bach is probably the most prestigious musician in existence, but you may as far as "coolness" goes, you well say you do calculus recreationally.

No need to tell me to be myself, I've already discovered that rebellious idea by watching television.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AkFqg5wAuFk
youtube.com/watch?v=Gg9RyiPKhx8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Just listen to pop music like normal people. Being a try-hard impresses no one.

Kanye West

just listen to the lonesome crowded west

Not posturing and acting fake and being honest with yourself and others is the most prestigious thing you can do and the coolest thing you can do.

As seen on TV. Tell me, do you watch the Rebel channel or the Non-Conformist channel?

Listen to the Bee Gees

Pantera
youtube.com/watch?v=AkFqg5wAuFk

if you care so fucking bad what people think of you just listen to top 40 and shut the fuck up bitch ass

this.
No one cares.

Jazz that isn't "Miles, Davis, the list goes on" is probably a good answer, user.

I like Kashiwa Daisuke's 88. It's a sort of piano jazz, sophisticated but not stuffy.

Whether you care or not was not the question.

true

...And the fact that you took the time to say it means that you actually do care.

I skim past things I don't care about and forget them almost immediately.

You seem kind of worried that you might get tricked into thinking I'm cool when I'm actually not 100% kosherito, or something trivial like that.

Just Listen to whatever the fuck you want and dont be obnoxious about it. Dont rely on "being cool" based on what music you hear, but on being funny, comfortable to be around with, confidence and dank memes.

Tell everyone you listen to Filthy Frank

>you well say you do calculus recreationally
Not even close, millions of people adore Bach. Even without knowledge of theory, listening to his music can be really pleasant experience.

"Being yourself" isn't supposed to be rebellious you autistic fuck. Nobody will care that you listen to jazz if you're a pretentious twat and everyone will think you're a tool if you pretend to not like things because they're "uncool". At least furries and weebs are brave enough to talk about their gross and pleb hobbies.

You don't understand. Music is my life - I love listening to it, and I love rating it. I need normals to recognize that, all while maintaining my cool persona.

Tell everyone you listen to Joji Miller

Why on earth would you pretend to be me?
Already love Jojo, good music to vape to.

this

ay this is bait tho rite

looks like it

yes

What's it supposed to be, then?

What is the specific purpose of retaining the same set of habits forever, as if babies were born thinking dubstep is pretty cool?

What you're really asking is for me to not get uppity. Either that or to not think in public, and make your brain ache. No such luck on either count!

If you mean that it makes some brainless mollusk feel uncomfortable at the idea of someone taking conscious control of their lives, then yes, it does that. That however is not the main aim, merely an extremely invetible stimulus response.

Autism

Most current pop and hip hop music is straight up grating, mainstream culture is legitamately cringe inducing

I have no interest in rating music. The plan is to acquire the most useful tastes possible, and then act as if I was born with them to reassure the sensitive mollusks that I didn't think thoughts about music or anything unnatural like that.

kill yourself

98.5% of people don't give a shit what you listen to in your own time and won't really judge you based on it except for a little bit if they know almost nothing about you

I would recommend Steely Dan

youtube.com/watch?v=Gg9RyiPKhx8

not to sound like a fag or anything but this guy is right

Let me just test something out.

I am the OP. I eat cocks.

You may now express your derision at my apparent cock eating habits. Do so sincerely.

So, people who listen to bach are pretentious?
Couldn't be that people actually like his music right?

Steely Dan is based; don't just brush it off as Dad Rock.

Cartoon PSA copy aside, this is the correct answer.

Just listen to what you like. It's not hard.

sorry I'm a brainless mollusk and I couldn't possibly comprehend the point you're trying to make

fucking quag

kill yourself

you are so autistic lol

Nope, "alternative" culture has always been the most embarrassing. The exact same as mainstream but with a naive attitude that believes otherwise, so little self awareness.

Tay zonday?