Reminder that Del Taco is turning this into a tv series for HBO

Reminder that Del Taco is turning this into a tv series for HBO.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ClR9tcpKZec
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Del Toro

No thanks.

why. It's already good.

Or are they going to turn Germany into USA so the dumb fuck American audience can relate to the locals even though it doesn't work since Johan is a pretty German boy who can crossdress to look like a girl which doesn't work with Americans.

I'd have been happier not knowing.

This.

wtf is this nigga going on about?

It has potential. Too bad del Taco is completely wrong for it, and generally sucks.

the main antagonist of the series is a crossdresser

Back in October Del Toro announced that HBO turned it down. He says that they're shopping scripts to different companies, but honestly it sounds like this shit is in development hell

these two are the same person in the anime

I got like 20 or 30 episodes into this and got bored. Every episode was about Tenzin and Dieter arriving in a new town and saving the day

It gets better keep watching. I agree the road trip episodes where they fix a one episode character's problems are boring, but the plot picks up around the university arc

I love this cartoon. I like the kid that plays soccer and the fat old guy.

>Johan is a pretty German boy who can crossdress to look like a girl which doesn't work with Americans.
>Implying it works with real humans

I doubt it would work changing the setting to USA.

Since for the most past the series focuses onto how they wanted to turn Johann into the next Hitler.

Not to mention happens in Germany while the other half happens in Czech Republic.

>make the series US based
>other country they visit is fucking Mexico

I'd drop the series right there

they need to find an actor who is charismatic (Johann is basically neo-Hitler) but also pretty enough to actually pass as a girl if he crossdresses.

Good luck with that

>Filler

>filler

>more filler

I enjoyed it but I stopped after a while. Overrated.

Eddie redmayne as the twins

>blondie does evil thing
>dokter goes after him
>someone is in trouble
>dokter saves/cures him/her
>THANKS DOKTER U R DA BES PLZ LET ME SUCK UR DICK!
>dokter discovers new thing about blondie's past
>repeat

I actually have a German friend that has the perfect face for Johan. He also does have a fairly soft chin so he could crossdress easily.

I read the manga and dropped it after 20 chapters for the same reason. I also think they blew some of the mystery way too early with the kid being some born super soldier or whatever. I feel like it can only get dumber from there, with less build up and intrigue to soften how silly that is

I did really like 2oth Century Boys though. That was silly plot twists done well

>like 20th Century Boys
>dislikes Monster

plebe confirmed

pleb alert

del taco is a pretty huge weeb so he'll probably be faithful to the source material

>del taco
>finishing a project
>not abandoning it at the last minute and leaving someone else to pick up the pieces

>anime over the age of 13
lmao kys kek

What about Monster was so patrician? 20th Century Boys was ridiculous and knew it to an extent, Monster was so dour but no less silly

You forget that the anime came out in 2004 where a lot of old anime tropes were still prevalent. A huge portion of episodes was filler with "problem of the week" type of stuff. You have to look past that and learn to appreciate the underlying plot and characterization

>why. It's fucking shit

ftfy ;^)

Literally what, have you not noticed the influx of trannies lately or something.

There is no filler you dumbass, everything connects. Regardless the filler is actually good.

I dont watch anime, can somebody tell me the plot and if its worth my time?

>worth my time?

it's anime so, no, it's not

The crossdressing happens in what, 2-3 episodes maximum?

It's such a minor part of the series they can just drop it entirely

it fell through bud. old news

Johan isn't even a tranny, he crossdresses to manipulate people

>Dokter is the best doctor eva.
>He has a great future but he's also a big pussy so one day he had to decide whether saving a random kid or saving a politian, he saved the kid.
>His future got ruined by evul rich people.
>Evil rich people get randomly killed.
>Turns out it was the kid(AKA blondie trap)
This happens for 60 episodes(or 100000 issues if you're reading the manga) >Turns out he was suposed to be the next hitler.
>Dokter solves all the mysteries, stops the bad guys and saves everyone(he got some help tho).
>blondie gets shot in the head by Dokter.
>Dokter saves blondie again like he did when blondie was a kid (pure pottery)
>Last panel/shot from the manga/anime is blondie's empty hospital bed, implying he either died or escaped to live happily forever after killing dozens of people and fucking Germany's and Czech Republic's shit up.

7.5/10 would recommend

I read both and I dont remember much from any of it aside from some few memorable scenes.

Do I have brain problems? It was years ago btw.

probably the only good anime that actually can be adapted into a decent tv series

I don't get why Tenma saved him the second time. Was he a secret Nazi supporter?

Fuckin pedo, kill yourself.

He dindu nuffin

German villages are super comfy which is basically the majority of where the anime takes place. Mixed with the dark plot...could be pretty cool.

fuk your reminder
BTFO rim job fan

Well, it's a shitty convoluted mess like almost all anime/manga, so I'm not very excited.

because he's a doctor and has an obligation to save people.

2deep4u

if they actually cast German actors for the roles that are supposed to be German I already know who's going to be Johan.

doesn't most of the series happen in czechoslovakia?

the doctor role is to save lives no matter who, even if it's hitler

1d characters and asspull galore no thanks

pacific rim was fun

sound like your typical TV series, normies will like this

After The Strain I don't think I want this

>that's what retards actually believe

>deep
More like stupid. Evil Nazis, crazy Communist psychiatrists and crossdressing. It's dumb.

why didn't you like it? it was a good adaptation of the strigoi vampire strain

you seem upset

>For you

christ you euros can't go 1 thread without being mad at america

2deep4u

>what's ideal

If you're one of those plotfags that can't enjoy procedural episodes then stay away from Monster regardless of how good a show it is.

the dark knight rises was also fun.

eh, it's pretty dark and neo-Hitler is portrayed as charismatic and often appears to be incredibly empathetic. There is a reason why Hitler is sold to Americans as some screaming raging asshole, it makes it easier to distance yourself from him if people believe that that was the only thing he ever did. That shit happened WAAAAAY after the nationwide indoctrination when the entire country was already behind him and those who weren't didn't openly admit to it for obvious reasons. There is a reason he got where he got.

babby's first non-shonen manga

besides that project was canned, let it go already

welcome to reality, dumbass

crossdressing doesn't make you look like a woman

that takes years of estrogen pills while you're still young and even then you're still barely passable

No, someone like Hitler would never become popular during the times of prosperity. He wasn't some super human with nearly paranormal powers like Johann.

>There is a reason he got where he got.
didn't he start his political career in a pub that was filed with drunks?

cmon johan didn't do shit, he dont even want that fate and were forced on by actual nazis
girl will love this poor boy

On another note who would you cast for Nina Fortner?

For procedural episodes to work they actually have to be good though

the deal with Johan was that he happened to look almost identical to his twin sister. He was abnormally pretty. It's not a guy trying to pretend to look like a woman, he just happens to look like one with long hair and some make-up.

Well, he killed a shitton people, killed a bunch of children, and made a guy suicide by staring at him so that's something.

>There is a reason he got where he got.
Yes, The Great Depression and German nationalism/antisemitism.

>Johan isn't even a tranny, he crossdresses to manipulate people
>implying trannies aren't doing it for the same reasons

hitler never was raging, it was just part of his speech, his speeches were long as fuck were he calmly spoke with the audience and then gradually ramped them up
at first glance when only looking at the end of his speech he does seem like a raging asshole
and the reason why he got into such a powerful position was because he was charismatic as fuck
hitler: rise of evil is the only story of hitler i've seen that's actually close to who hitler was

wasn't the pilot accepted like 3 years ago

fucking Europeans man

now is not the time to praise a dull director who basically copied Crysis's plot
that comes after he's given up Monster & he actually tries to make something better or something that he thought for himself

this was hitler's real voice btw
youtube.com/watch?v=ClR9tcpKZec

>new Hitler
I like how no one remembers the real plot of this manga/anime.

I'm cautiously optimistic about this one.I think Del Taco is a talented guy but the anime is as faithful as it gets.I've only seen a couple episodes but it was spot on.The manga along with 20th century boys are 10/10s to me.I've gotta get caught up with Billy Bat.It's the most batshit insane Urasawa work yet.
>Pluto adaptation when?

Wasn't he suposed to lead the 4th reich or something really similar?

No.

he was TRAINED to be the new Hitler. He just decided to be Satan instead.

I've been working my way through Monster for the past few days, well past the midpoint.

>Franz Bonaparta... is alive

I preferred the first ending theme but I like that they didn't ditch the Monster Without A Name narrative. That fucking old woman singing doesn't feel like it's gonna be one of those acquired-taste type of things. "Please believe in the kindness of your eyes"

I think HBO passed it over. If I'm not mistaken. They keep making shit decisions with all their shows lately. They snubbed a lot of big directors and other projects are in developmental hell.

I wouldn't mind if it went to AMC, Netflix or somewhere else if it meant more creative liberty and less behind the scenes drama.

Nope. He was trained by the Communists from East Germany.
Only a small group of retarded Neo-Nazis thought of him as the new Hitler.

So he was actually suppossed to be the new Stantin!?

they trained him to be a fuehrer. Doesn't fucking matter which political affiliation.

Way to jump to fucking conclusions, 80% of the plot is about making the next Hitler you retard they aren't setting it in America

More like a super soldier, like other kids from that orphanage.

That's your main concern?
Not the fact that the manga is literally about the horrors of the cold war?

I don't know what the fuck they were thinking with Vice, that ridiculous budget jesus

oh really? They are just going to use an actor that looks like Donald Trump and have him "make America great again"

So he's basically The Guest gone edgy?

Replace Hitler with Donald Trump and make every good guy black.
The tranny stuff will be done tastefully though.
Hollywood will try to PC it up no matter how hard Del Taco fights for it.

This isn't your average shonen Naruto bullshit.
It's Kino Anime.

Because all of Europe is one monoculture of diversity like the US.
Please apply yourself.