Alt-Country/Folk/Heartland Rock/Americana

Bruce Springsteen, The Replacements, Steve Earle, Hiss Golden Messenger, Neil Young, Drive By Truckers, Gillian Welch, Bruce Hornsby, Wilco, Whiskeytown, John Fahey, Jim O'Rourke, Six Organs of Admittance, Michael Chapman, Lucinda Williams, William Tyler, Songs: Ohia/Jason Molina, Ryan Adams, Paul Westerberg, Steve Gunn, Freakwater, Lambchop, 16 Horsepower, Pelt, Uncle Tupelo, The War on Drugs, The Black Twig Pickers, Sparklehorse, Deer Tick, Pinegrove, Emmylou Harris, Will Oldham/Bonnie "Prince" Billy, Golden Smog, Robbie Basho, Meat Puppets, Kurt Vile, Allman Brothers, etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bfEkegI3ySI
youtube.com/watch?v=1OReOjoDaVQ
youtube.com/watch?v=c5epBL_L8-Y
youtube.com/watch?v=Hmg9XScRoRA
youtube.com/watch?v=rT0ZMHdufPo
youtube.com/watch?v=Qupefcyv0b4
youtube.com/watch?v=Sjo9c61uPag
youtube.com/watch?v=w1cOH8n1wkI
youtube.com/watch?v=7mJfaHI-q2Q
youtube.com/watch?v=ne62He3qQNg
youtube.com/watch?v=8ocqBCvds1w
youtube.com/watch?v=IXalR-dL90w
youtube.com/watch?v=I3L2QJ8Oh_o
youtube.com/watch?v=DfaQgNoBXdM
youtube.com/watch?v=RZl3Ku2vmhw
youtube.com/watch?v=FytMqm2MiD4
youtube.com/watch?v=P03FQ-MluaY
youtube.com/watch?v=GY342TfBMy8
youtube.com/watch?v=iMddaASx_7U
youtube.com/watch?v=lMc9DG20zfA
youtube.com/watch?v=BWo2I2ZPxtE
youtube.com/watch?v=Pnd9bDPUxqw
youtube.com/watch?v=smv9cmwbb8Q
youtube.com/watch?v=_h7Cuz30ij4
youtube.com/watch?v=Stzl4NiiXy4
youtube.com/watch?v=hGzOnMU6xq0
youtube.com/watch?v=jm79PVc8fS4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No one gives a shit about that trash
Fuck off

I'm a part of what some people call the "alt-right" and it feels country as fuck. It feels like an actual counter culture, or rebellion against the yankie culture that dominates American cities.

uh how about no?

Nu-Males don't get country

Kek'd

bump
c'mon Sup Forums

youtube.com/watch?v=bfEkegI3ySI

some very good bands mentioned here, I feel that even a few years ago this thread would have got some traction, its a shame

Drive By Truckers new album is fanfuckintastic and I'm upset it got slept on by everyone.

bump

It wasn't lost on me and It's being praised in alt country circles. What an album. So far it's the best Trump era America album which is made even more remarkable by the fact that it was made and released before election day. If people want insight into the Red states and why people voted the way they did then it's all there in Roots Country.

How ironic that a scene dominated by the political left is more in touch with the conservative working class/rural life than mainstream country and establishment Republicans

Oh, definitely. I've been saying regardless of one's politics, it's probably gonna be a great time for music.
I don't live in the South, but I do live where it's farms for a 50 miles in any direction, and a lot of roots is a snapshot of basically any rural, racially/ideologically homogenous area.
I fucking hate hat acts and I hate what they've done to country.

Brian Fallons (of the Gaslight Anthem) solo album Painkillers is pretty good heartland rock too...
youtube.com/watch?v=1OReOjoDaVQ

I grew up in Atlanta, but spent plenty of time out in the sticks and boonies of the Appalachians and down in the plains/swamp area.

I agree man.

Huh. Wouldn't have ever heard this.
Thanks for the rec.

youtube.com/watch?v=c5epBL_L8-Y

Mr. '59 Sound himself.
That one was a nice surprise and just different enough to stand out in a bountiful year of great roots music.

Johnny Cash is really underrated as a concept album artist and his 70s-80s albums, while maybe not as honed as both some of his earlier and later works, are worth a few listens.

youtube.com/watch?v=Hmg9XScRoRA

youtube.com/watch?v=rT0ZMHdufPo

he always kept it interesting, even in the fallows of his career. restless creativity will drain you dry but he always managed to strike a balance.

youtube.com/watch?v=Qupefcyv0b4

youtube.com/watch?v=Sjo9c61uPag

youtube.com/watch?v=w1cOH8n1wkI

I've listened to Bottomless Hole like 400 times but man I can't really get into The Handsome Family. There's like 5-6 songs of theirs I like.

>alt-country is actually just country if country wasn't garbage

damn

youtube.com/watch?v=7mJfaHI-q2Q

i'm new to them too.
they could stand a bit more pizzazz but then i've been listening to this stuff for awhile now so i'm not objective at all.

They're more "real" country than Jason Aldean and co.

Neo-Sup Forums fucking sucks

youtube.com/watch?v=ne62He3qQNg

Well yeah that's what I mean. It is a shame that it shook out that way though.

youtube.com/watch?v=8ocqBCvds1w

youtube.com/watch?v=IXalR-dL90w

youtube.com/watch?v=I3L2QJ8Oh_o

youtube.com/watch?v=DfaQgNoBXdM

Best thread on Sup Forums right now

youtube.com/watch?v=RZl3Ku2vmhw

Should we make a chart

I mean it could work,
Right

youtube.com/watch?v=FytMqm2MiD4

Agreed. Albums by artists in OP are good place to start imo.

youtube.com/watch?v=P03FQ-MluaY

i've wanted to make a chart of my favorite Roots albums of 2016 but i'm procrastinating.

youtube.com/watch?v=GY342TfBMy8

youtube.com/watch?v=iMddaASx_7U

youtube.com/watch?v=lMc9DG20zfA

youtube.com/watch?v=BWo2I2ZPxtE

youtube.com/watch?v=Pnd9bDPUxqw

youtube.com/watch?v=smv9cmwbb8Q

youtube.com/watch?v=_h7Cuz30ij4

youtube.com/watch?v=Stzl4NiiXy4

fucking jej

youtube.com/watch?v=hGzOnMU6xq0

I am also country as fuck.

youtube.com/watch?v=jm79PVc8fS4

Whoever's gonna work on a chart, don't the more out there stuff like David Eugene Edwards.