Rosa Salazar to Star in James Cameron’s ‘Alita: Battle Angel’

>“Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials” star Rosa Salazar has landed the lead in James Cameron’s adaptation of “Battle Angel Alita.”
>Salazar will portray a 26th century cyborg who’s rescued from a scrapyard and put back together. Her character Alita, who only remembers her training in a deadly martial art, becomes a hunter-warrior who tracks down vicious criminals.
>Robert Rodriguez is directing the film. His credits include “El Mariachi,” “Desperado,” “Once Upon a Time in Mexico,” “From Dusk Till Dawn,” “Sin City” and the “Spy Kids” films.
>Cameron and Landau, who will produce for Fox under their Lightstorm Entertainment banner, are also currently in pre-production on four “Avatar” sequels.
variety.com/2016/film/news/james-cameron-alita-battle-angel-rosa-salazar-1201784697/

I thought you said Cameron was based why is he hiring this bean?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ainu_people
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

True story: the whole time I was watching The Maze Runner, I thought she was a boy and I couldn't stop thinking about how bad I wanted to suck her dick

The other two options were Monroe who looks nothing like the part, and Zendaya, who is obviously shit.

Since this chick is a nobody, there's a 50/50 chance she'll be good.

The question is;

>Why is Cameron directing 3 more fucking Avatars and handing this vastly superior property off to fucking Robert "I Have Literally Never Made A Good Movie" Rodriguez

If this is 99% Green Screen I will vomit.

The fact that Cameron isn't actually directing it anymore kills the project for me. Wonder if Cameron watches any other anime, seems like the type of guy who would have seen a fair amount of OVAs in the late 80s/early 90s.

She seems qt...never seen her in anything.
The second one?
I haven't seen that one yet.

>casting a Hispanic
>not a stronk, independent black woman

DROPPED SO FUCKING HARD

You forgot Bella Thorne

>Why is Cameron directing 3 more fucking Avatars
He considers it the pinnacle of his career, it's his magnum opus in his opinion. I don't agree with it, but I'm not James Cameron either. Guy tends to know what he's doing, he's the type of person who makes movies people don't know they wanted.

The age of capeshit has ended
The era of anime and games has come

>Live action Full Metal Alchemist movie announced.
>Tumblr SJW's going chimp because they using an all Japanese cast like its some incredible thing and "blahblahgettingridofwhitewashingblahblah"
>They dont even realize its being made in Japan
>Also, fail to recognize FMA was about literal alternate universe nazi's

BECAUSE HOLLYWOOD IS A PIECE OF SHIT CULTURAL VOID WITHOUT ANY SHRED OF DIGNITY OR RESPECT.

FUCK THIS MOVIE AND FUCK THAT BULLSHIT GHOST IN THE SHELL MOVIE.

Speaking of tumblr

>Rodriquez
>not Cameron
Woot? He's been eyeing that property for years.

>literal alternate universe nazi's
Actually, they're more like alternate German Empire/Prussians rather than Nazis, except for the analog made during the tv series/movie that wasn't based on the manga after a certain point.

I thought the State Alchemists war against Ishvala was supposed to be an analogy to the nazi persecution of the jews

he has been trying to get this battle angel thing made for about 20 fucking years it feels like

But he spent so long working on this, and the material is so much better than Avatar...

Why couldn't he just sneak it in and then get back to Avatar world. Just duck in, pump it out, and then race back to Avatar.

Or at least hire a real director. Fucking Rodriguez.

I'm also pissed we're not getting the James Cameron Oscar b8 with DiCaprio as a serial rapist.

That script was...Interesting.

She was hot cucking niggas on that fx meme show

Cameron producing and a Cameron script.

Rodriguez directing.

For a time Cameron actually had his offices set up like a set from Battle Angel.

Nah, actually they were a reference to the Ainu people of Japan.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ainu_people

I honestly hoped that he was filming the Avatar movies back to back so he could still making Battle Angel...

Can't wait for Spy Kids: the anime movie!

But how's her foot game?

She puttin the 'lita in Alita

is the pc crowd upset that she's not asian, or does the fact that she's not white cancel that out?

She's not white/jewish so it's fine.

Of the options we got shes definately the best. Honestly as long as the writing acting and choreography are great i dont care....so no pressure.

You fucking know that this will be green screened. Robert R hasn't made a green screenless movie in a while.

Guy has lost his way since the end of the Meixcan trilogy.

Planet Terror was good at least.

It was fun, sure. But he's been too stuck on terrible green screen effects and gimmicks.
He needs to do something original. Maybe this can clear him.

The manga is set in the future United States, not Japan. But I'm sure you knew that.

>why is he hiring this bean?
Well if she acts like a robot already, might as well have her play one.

She's cute its fine

Holy shit is this actually happening? I thought it was a dream project for him

Maybe now I can get my Ninja Scroll movie starring Matthew Mcconaughey as Jubei Kibagami

Knowing Japan's fetish for whites and hate for everyone not white, I wonder how they'll react to one of their properties being given to a Mexican.

Awesome

Alita: Battle Angel
I thought this was a hentai

fucking mongols, send them back to vas dothrak

yurop aint free

i don't think that makes a difference. motoko is a fairly caucasian looking cyborg but people still got upset that a caucasian was cast because she has a japanese name. alita's real name was yoko so she was likely japanese, and her face even looks asian, at least in comparison to motoko's. so we have two animes each with ethnically ambiguous androids with japanese names, and they cast caucasians for both of them in their live action adaptations, yet the outrage is only over the one who looks the most caucasian in the source material.

The depends where in Japan you go. In some places they love nonwhites.

>Brown eyes in 2016

>caucasians for both of them
>salazar
>>>>Caucasian

ree

eh black enough

She was a cute girl, homo.
Why the hell would you want to suck a dick and not eat her taco flavored pussy.
I hope Dylan taps that ass after he gets out of the hospital

is hollywood against putting full figured females in leading action roles these days?

I want to lick her eyelids.

caucasian doesn't mean white.

> Battle Angel Alita
> ever happening

Sure thing. And I bet flan grows on trees.

(Hmm.. note to self. Engineer a tree that can grow fantastic flan.)

I dunno. I need to see pictures of her pouting out her lips like an octopus.

Because he isn't restricted with original material on Avatars.

James Cameron doesn't do what James Cameron does for James Cameron. James Cameron does what James Cameron does because James Cameron is James Cameron.

left is a clone of a japanese woman
right is a girl from germany

Full Metal Alchemist features white people and is set in some kind of Europe - But they're ecstatic that it stars Asians and not Whites.

Even better. It's about a nation that is turning fascist and decimating middle eastern people they have been waging war against. The country is declaring any of those middle eastern refugees who resist their police state a threat to the fatherland and labels them terrorists.

You know. Totally irrelevant to any modern politics or anything.

So let's just make everyone Japanese.

> right is a half Japanese girl from Germany
> she is also a shit
fixed that for you

>left is a best girl
>right is a raging cunt

fixed

it doesn't mean peruvian either

damn right
this website is full of people with shit taste

>namefag being wrong
Nothing ever changes.

Mixed, there's some nip blood too.

you seriously think she's 100% ethnically south american indian? i would be surprised if she was even a quarter. she's probably predominantly southern european.

>hurr durr caucasian doesnt mean whiteee
>but it does mean iberian mixed with Andean

Give it a rest moishe

>>hurr durr caucasian doesnt mean whiteee
it doesn't. even the blackest poo in loo is caucasian. rosa slazar is caucasian with possibly a very small about of native american admixture.

wew lad you are thinking of indo-european.

Please fuck off

wikifeet doesn't have much info on her, can someone fill me in?

no i'm not. indo-european is a language family. caucasian refers to skull type. for example indians and arabs are both caucasian, but arabs aren't indo-european because arabic doesn't belong to the indo-european language family.

This thread has a disturbing lack of flan.

Burrito Angel Consuelo

>Most successful filmmaker of all-time is even jumping on the "mixed-race" bandwagon that the Jews have been promoting since the Frankfurt School
>casts a half-breed in a huge film

Humanity is finished. A toast! To the end of the world and the nukes that will hopefully soon follow!

Uh, dude. You're mixed race.

A few generations ago your german ancestors would have nothing to do with your irish ancestors.

Fuck that gritty shit, Cameron should adapt this.

He basically already did with Avatar.

>dude

Stopped reading there

>casts a half-breed in a huge film
>Humanity is finished.

CUTE
U
T
E

look at this white boi get mad about being the cuck in life hahaha
stay mad little dick white boi