That "YEEE-OOAGGGGH" sound effect whenever a random background character dies

>that "YEEE-OOAGGGGH" sound effect whenever a random background character dies
>spaceships making "whhoosh" sounds while flying in space
>spaceships needing constant thrust out of their rockets in order to travel through space
>greenscreen
>pop song plays in the background
>stop motion animation
>kung fu movie punch effects
>when a character uses a computer, the GUI has a bunch of fancy animations and each command makes a cheesy, futuristic sound effect

what other things take you completely out of a movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cdbYsoEasio
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panspermia
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>stop motion animation

Including the scenes in Eraserhead?

older movies where EVERY shot fired from a handgun or rifle had the exact same stock sound effect

THIS was stop motion???

im having trouble finding video clips on google for that movie, all i get is some gookrock music videos

>nude scene
>the lighting is dark enough and the camera is at an angle where you cannot see the nipples on the actress even though she is topless

>black scientists
>romans speaking english
>aliens speaking english
>aliens being humanoid
>aliens being humanoid, AND having features of a certain race (ie, asian, white, black)
>made up companies i.e big kahuna burger

>finish having sex. Woman pulls covers immediately
>never rains in LA . Streets always wet
>don't say goodbye on phone calls
>changing station on car radio. Never any ads

>Hating the wilhelm scream

>not loving the Wilhelm scream

OP is a faggot, disregard.

i love the Wilheim scream, actually. It reminds me of the Speilberg golden era of movies

Theres a moment where a slug appears and travels up and down the wall, and I think when he plays with the chiccken and a few other moments, all the uneven and twitchy movements are unsettling, but in any other case I would agree that stopmotion is a poor choice in film.

I never say goodbye on the telephone, I think something tragic will happen when I hang up if I do.

>person is replaced the scene by a "life like" dummy (Total Recall)
>person is alone at home, doesnt randomly say bizarre shit out loud that only has meaning to themselves
>an obvious older person playing a teen
>cars drifting during a race

what

youtube.com/watch?v=cdbYsoEasio

now you will never not hear it

sound effect thread?
never made this in years

>a letter written by a little kid, but with adult handwriting tried to make it look like it was written by a kid
>unattractive, uncharasmatic, insecure male character with an nice, smart, attractive girlfriend

>person is alone at home, doesnt randomly say bizarre shit out loud that only has meaning to themselves

Thank God I'm not the only one

>oriental scene
>traditional Japanese and Chinese themes inadvertently being mistaken together
>a character at home, doesnt fart
>engine sounds nothing like what the car actually sounds like in real life
>laser weapon projectiles dont travel lightspeed
>an explosion happens in the distance, the characters immediately hear the BOOM without any delay

Everybody does that unless they have autism. Autists only speak when other people are nearby.

>video player
>play button doesn't automatically become a pause button when pressed

i thought OP was referring to the tie fighter sound

>professional boxers throwing haymakers each punch
>a good guy is shot, but in the shoulder
>racism is a characteristic of only the most evil, twisted sociopaths or hopeless, pathetic losers
>characters play a videogame that doesnt actually exist and is clearly a pre-rendered animation that the character has no control over
>character is singing in a band, has a completely different voice

>foreign character starts singing
>suddenly has an American accent

a lot of british singers take on southern accents though
unless you mean like in west side story where suddenly they go from new york/puerto rico accents to british accents
that shit's inexcusable

>giant monster doesnt buckle under its own weight
>giant monster is able to control it's extremities as fast as normal sized animals can, despite limitations in the transmission speed of impulses in biological neurons

I actually didn't have that objection with Ant-man, as everything is covered by the whole "Nym particle" thing

>two kids talking to each other
>they're having a rational conversation like adults, and not like a couple of hyperautists

>not knowing that it's called the Wilhelm scream
How much bigger of a pleb could you be?

Also older movies where people would never ever reload their guns.

>>aliens being humanoid
>>aliens being humanoid, AND having features of a certain race (ie, asian, white, black)

you're a fucking idiot:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panspermia

splosions and lazors in space is implied for the audiences benefit.
the score you hear isn't really happening in the film either

> Character leaves breakfast table, says thanks for breakfast, plate is still full of untouched food.

Stock sound effects in general. I don't know how the people in charge doing this still have a job.

>Yeah, they know the character opened a door, but you know, I'll throw a lil' door_squeak_1.wav in there

>that stock camera effect is the "opening theme" for that abc show scandal
>every time a camera flashes it's that same sound
it gets even stupider when 20 of them are going off at the same time
cameras haven't even made that noise in like 15 years

What weird shit do you guys say when you're home alone? I like to sing the phrase 'Mama mia! Papa pia! Baby got that diarrhea!' I also say 'That's one spicy meatball!' but in a really stupid italian accent like 'THATSSA ONE-A-SPICCEEE MEETABOLL!' Sometimes I say 'Oy vey! The goyim know! It's another shoah!' in the voice of Watto from The Phantom Menace too.

>person wakes up
>stumbles to bathroom
>brushes teeth
>goes down to eat breakfast