Is it true american schools don't teach cursive writing?

Is it true american schools don't teach cursive writing?

Hmmmm....

I was taught cursive, although there's a debate if we should.

we were taught a little, but I see little use for it. If cursive were so good, why aren't we typing in cursive font?

Literally no point for calligraphy in the modern age.

Too much work to be civilized.

I have never used cursive outside of elementary school

>If cursive were so good, why aren't we typing in cursive font?
Because cursive is suited for writing, not for typing duh

I don't see what's there to debate about, shit takes like 10 lessons tops if done correctly - it's not like it's a 3 year subject

Anyways, I haven't even written anything with a pen in two weeks. So that's also a point

It's just 'writing'
Non cursive is 'printing'

because it's very difficult to typecast writing.

In elementary school, but we never touch it again after that.

Texas here

It was mandatory. If you didn't do your work in cursive you would get an automatic failure. It was extremely fucking retarded.

Was taught cursive, haven't used it once.
Fucking waste of time, teacher was always hounding me over it, too.

Cursive is racist

My cursive was great. Now it's shit. I use it for my signature and it's just fucking garbage.

True Image.

Same friend, I always think my signature looks childish and shitty

>It was extremely fucking retarded.
Why? Knowing how to write cursive is something good.

It's too hard for them leave them alone! :(

When did I say it wasn't? It's failing work for the lack of cursive that is retarded to me.

wtf
how is texas suddenly the most civilized state in america

I learned it in my early school years, public school about 20 years ago. Never used it outside of signatures as I got older. I have no idea if they still teach it at the age I learned.

I was taught it.

Where does Sup Forums get all the misconceptions from

Explain to me it's practicality in the modern age.
Please.

I can only write in cursive. If I write in printing it takes me an hour.

They taught us in Elementary but it dropped off. We hardly ever use it, anyways. Whats the point of it besides making writing a bit faster?

for being much faster?

I learned cursive in third grade, and still write in it today. It varies from state to state really, here in florida they bounce back and forth a lot. Its hell here please nuke use.

Show it plz.

They don't get to have kinder eggs, but at least they don't have to learn cursive lol

We were never taught cursive in school. Usually teachers require you to print your homework. Even today, I can't write cursive very well.

they teach them how to be a real bitch faggots that's why americans are so pasive agresive