Holy shit who the fuck paid for this rubbish to be recorded?

Holy shit who the fuck paid for this rubbish to be recorded?

you listened to the stereo mix didn't you user?
>tfw everyone makes this mistake

I believe EMI did.

It's just noise.

I could drop my guitar on the floor then do animal noises over it and sing like I'm some fucking piper from a renaissance faire and it'd be the same quality as this.

I'VE GOT A BIKE YOU CAN RIDE IT IF YOU LIKE IT'S GOT A BELL A BASKET AND THINGS TO MAKE IT LOOK GOOD.

They were kids when they made this album, and it was miles ahead in psychedelia (a genre I hate)

If you think THIS is noise, I wonder what you'd think if you heard actual noise music.

Are you an Oasis fan?

if I like math rock and post rock will I like pink floyd
I think its about time I try to get into them

>It's just noise.
i seriously don't understand how you can think this, the guitar playing is as generic as any rock album from the time

oh look, teenagers! bedtime for you two rascals!

did you reply to me on accident?

there is nothing "generic as any rock album from the time" about the guitar playing.

EMI

I've had both mixes for a long time but never really paid any attention to the mono. To be honest last time I really sat and listened to this album I was a teenager myself. Is the mono that much better? Just over the past few weeks I've been rediscovering The Beatles with the mono mixes, so much better than the stereo nine times out of ten.

by far the best pink floyd album

t. patrician

let's just say stereo was still an imperfect art then
to be more cruel, it sounds like a little kid fucking around with the mixer
and I'm a big fan of the album and sixties production novelty in general, but... just no.

Why would mono be better with bands like that?

I mean yes, the mono is better.
Magical Mystery Tour is where the Beatles first started listening to their own stereo mixes, and where I do too user.

Yeah, start with the pleb side of the moon though.

continues
see above

I'll have to give it a go this weekend. When I first discovered it I used to love listening to it with headphones and having the end of Interstellar Overdrive bounce back and forth, but nowadays I'd just rather have a better produced mix, which it seems is usually the mono.

The Beatles never used to even be in the studio for the stereo mixes, they used to concentrate on the mono. It's for this reason the mono mixes sound better, they simply had more time spent on them, and they weren't just instruments in one channel, vocals in the other. The mono SPLHCB is a completely different beast than the stereo, different edits, different mixes, songs at the right speed (Lovely Rita was sped up for the stereo mix), it's just a much more concise record.

u won't b disappointed user.
like I said before, Magical Mystery Tour is the Beatles' first supervised stereo mix and a highly enjoyable one. everything onward ought to be heard in stereo as well.

Without straying off topic too much, I can only listen to AHDN in mono now, the remastered stereo mix sounds terrible, and starts with a massive noise reduction glitch. The mono sounds great. It's the only problem I've found with any of the reissues though.

>noise reduction glitch
ouch.
yeah, digital music, what an alternate godsend to humanity and huge mistake.

>tfw own a stereo copy of Saucerful of Secrets

a-atleast it's an original pressing? lads?

nah Saucerful is good in stereo. 1968 is generally the year when they got it together user.

it's a bit of a beaten up copy but I'd rather an original pressing that is knackered to a reissue that is pristine, am I a pleb for this opinion?

whatever floats your boat man. I'd just say preserve old records if you can because they do deserve it, and someday if you need $$ they could be quite well valued.

Not pleb. Maybe take it to your local record shop/hi-fi shop and get them to clean it for you, or invest in some record cleaning equipment. You'd be surprised just how much life you can bring back to your discs just by getting the dust, grime and static off them.

EMI retard

Do it, I actually want to hear this.

I think the stereo mix of Saucerful is overall better, but Let There Be Light and Remember a Day are definitely better in mono. many of the tracks dont have much of a differences between the two mixes either

Best and correct answer

please do this and record it
could sound cool

My rule tends to be to stick with the mono for every album before 1968. After that people began to care more about the stereo mixes.

that what makes great man. it is something unique and transcendental, nothing like I've ever heard. you just need to leave it now and go back to it later, you like it