What went right?

What went right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/cK3aJIB1-EM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nothing

Nobody remembers this movie.
I saw it in theaters and enjoyed it though.

The Predators didn't say "motherfucker", which automatically makes it better than 2

They effectively conveyed the high tension of being in a squad that keeps getting picked off by an unknown enemy.

Brody isn't that bad. Nobody is going to top Arnold but he wasn't horrible.

I'd say this is a 3-3.5 star action movie. Something on the level of a Lethal Weapon 2. Not essential but I wouldn't turn it off if it came on HBO.

Having a woman in it I think ruins the dynamic. Not trying to be MRA but, the masculine tension and frsternity of the original film is what made it successful. Same reason I enjoyed The Thing.

Like many things in movies and music, it retained the name without delivering the goods implied. Predator is ultimately about machismo; balls. Badass guys smoking cigars and wasting fucks. If it was cast with the Expendables mentality it would have been not only more entertaining, but more memorable. Rock, Snipes, Stallone (playing Arnie's role) and so on...with a remake like this it's story second, heroes first.

HOWEVER, if it wasn't called "Predators", it would be a highly decent action film. It just was sunk before it sailed because of the name and fame. Using music, think about the new RHCP album...probably adult contemporary at best, while their 80's stuff was punk-funk...if RHCP had changed their name and released this new album it probably will chart higher...because people WANT the old material, not this smooth jazz shit. Same goes for movies--like if Commando gets a reboot it'd better be so fucking 80's or else fuck off...nobody needs a Tyga track over a Commando remake starring Will Farrell and Kevin Hart...FUCKKK

It's pretty fucking awesome tbqh. Cool characters with some great actors, neat set-up, and there are Predators in it. 10/10. Top 3 Predator movie.

>What went right?

It re-used the shit from the original film which people knew would work, e.g.:
>human uses something (mud or fire) to hide self from predators
>set in jungle
>everyone gets picked off one by one
>two survivors, one male, one female

Because it presents the unique perspective of a predator hunt in which the main protagonist is entirely mercenary in his self-interest for survival. Well, him and Topher.

In many ways Brodyquest is as amoral as the Predators in that he is willing to use strangers as bait. This is reinforced by the scavenger's ability to survive only through exploitation and murders of other prey.

So instead of a Gary Stu you get a believable mercenary willing to do whatever is necessary to survive and escape.

The samurai duel

But there is a woman in the first film.

He used Topher as bait because he tried to kill Isabelle.
"Back on earth, I'm a murderer"
Ok? Why the hell would you say that and try to kill her?

Brody was a convincing protagonist, the reuse of beats from the first film were pretty well implemented without feeling heavy handed. Pretty good pacing, if a little overlong. I didn't mind though. "What if a predator was black a-and... uh... super-duper" sounds like a retarded concept, and it is. Though I expected that from a Robert Rodriguez movie. It's not great by any means, but I still give it a spin every once and a while.

>arguably a good setup (which would nonetheless be far better in a videogame)
>Brody is decent
>new ideas

What didn't work was Laurence Fishburne and that whole side-track.

He used the entire group as bait in the Predator camp when they meet the smaller, green predator.

>Where's the tough guy?
>He left us.

and

Isabelle: [Isabelle punches Royce] You set us up. He led us into that death camp, then hid and waited for that thing to strike. We were bait.
Royce: I needed to know who we're up against. Now I do.
Stans: A man is dead because of that.
Royce: This morning you were ready to kill him.
Stans: Well it ain't this goddamn morning, is it?
Royce: Well at least he didn't die in vain.
Stans: Why? So we could find out firsthand what it feels like to have our asses kicked?
Royce: No. We found out that there's more than one of them. That they use projectile and energy-based weapons. That they have some sort of cloaking device. That they're bigger than us, stronger, but also heavier.

(Holy shit, fellow humans! I shall save them)
(Wait a minute, this is too many mouths to feed, I need to kill them all)

Give me one reason why he isn't the best character
(You can't)

>[Stans jumps on Berserker's back and starts stabbing him repeatedly]
>Stans: Die, you space faggot! Who do you think you're dealing with, hoss? Is that all you've got?

Space faggot. Kek.

He is. Shame he only had that shiv.

It should've been just the group and the predators trying to off one another.

youtu.be/cK3aJIB1-EM
Why did Yakuza guy die?

It was very entertaining and had my waifu in it.

I can't remember a single thing about this movie except that cunt topher grace being in it

Walton Goggins. He's always the best thing he's in.

>Who's your daddy now, motherfucker!
>Hunt my dick, bitch!

Top tier cast. Excellent premise. Good execution. No cheese.

I enjoy it more and more with every subsequent viewing.

Walton Goggins was best part of the movie.

During his last attack he was mortally wounded. If you watch your clip, after the predator falls you can hear dripping of blood and movement of viscera.

As he falls backwards you can also see a red slash on his abdomen as well.

I know that, I mean why did they kill him off?

Because he talks too much.

Me too.

Still don't remember anything of it.

She's also incapable of defending herself and a hangers-on until the final fight.

She's not a soldier though.

What?They didn't smoke anybody in the first film other than the woefully undertrained rebels. Most of the movie was of the team dying one by one.

>It re-used the shit from the original film
That's what went wrong, not what went right.

Not part of the squad

Made me want to fuck Braga even more then I Am Legend

Most of it.

I'll never understand the hate it got. It gave it a good original spin instead of rehashing the older movies, while still giving nods to the original, while also expanding the universe and doing it better than Predator 2.

The people who rate it below AvP are nothing but nostalgia-fagging millenial shits.

The fraternity wasn't ruined by the woman. It was ruined by the people not being a squad. It was purposefully not the same situation as the first movie, as the people weren't meant to be loyal to eachother(except for Rusbro), making the movie have a more paranoid feeling.

Friendly reminder that the "Predators" are the humans, not the aliens.

>all the guys with guns just running off while he's piggybacking the predator and taking up its attention, instead of shooting the predator while it's out in the open and busy

Faggots abandoned the hero and made sure he'd never rape all those fine bitches... Saddest death in the movie.

I liked the movie, Brody surprised me with how good he was. The ending was interesting and I wonder why we never got a sequel.

It bombed at the box office compared to what they had projected for it I think.

Hell, I'm surprised they haven't turned the concept into a television series.

I'd watch the shit out of a show about a group of soldiers/killers surviving on a Predator hunting world, with them finding other groups being hunted and everyone being liable to get killed as the show goes on, new guys filling in the slots of the old guys, maybe some scenes following a lonewolf trying to survive by hiding on their own and shit like that.

Like The 100, except with adults and everyone being hunted by predators while trying to work out their group dynamic.

Yeah for some reason it is just completely forgettable

I liked it too.

He was isolated on that planet for awhile. So I figured he was probably craving human interaction, so he wasn't thinking straight at all until he made it back to his hideaway.

>What went meh?
Fixed it for you OP

It was absolutely okay though, having way less practical effects hurt the shit out of it, and the climatic showdown feels really lazy for some reason.

Can't wait for Shane Black to make the sequel Predator truly deserves

>Can't wait for Shane Black to make the sequel Predator truly deserves
>mfw when asked about connections to Predators he said it didn't take place in the future, but was thoroughly set in 2018 and so couldn't be a sequel

How can anyone think Predators takes place in the future? If anything I thought it was taking place a decade before the movie came out.

Shane black not knowing the details behind Predators doesn't really bother me, as long as the events of Predator 1 and even 2 are still acknowledged which he said they are.

It was the good kind of cheesy.

Yeah, but it'd be cool if there was some nod to Predators as well. Like, just a guy having a theory about MIA's actually being abducted by Predators, but everyone else calling bullshit because they hunt on earth. Can't expect that if he thinks Predators is a sci-fi movie.

HA-HA PREDATOR GIVENS!

Somehow I wish they'd make a Starship Troopery Space Marines Vs Predators movie set in an all out war where both sides can show off their military tech.

alice braga obviously

>Justified season 7
>Boyd escapes jail, Raylan gets the job to hunt him down, along with Rachel and Gutterson, but after they catch Boyd and his new prison-gang in the mountains they find out that they're all being hunted

Would watch.

The Starship troopers humans got fucked by a couple of bugs farting rocks across the galaxy. They'd get fucking rekt by Predator energy weapons.

I'd enjoy seeing the Starship Troopers guys get annihilated by Xenomorphs, though.

what went wrong: Adrian Brody cast as a "tough soldier"

Every fucking week some jackass makes a thread defending Predators, a terrible SyFy-tier retread of Predator that deserved to be released directly to video.

Except he pulled off playing a regular mercenary guy(he wasn't supposed to be a top-of-the-line green beret guy).

I bet you were one of those guys who complained about him being too skinny for the role, because you'd seen him in the pianist.

Two words: Walton Goggins
>when I get back I'm gonna rape me so many fine bitches. What time is it? 5o'clock? Fine bitch rapin time
>die you space faggot!!
They should have cased based ving rhames instead of fishbourne for crazy guy though. Silent serial killer wasn't bad, but they shouldn't have cast topher grace. In any movie. Ever. The worst aspect was the new l33T predators and the one regular one. They could have handled it differently like a hierarchy or something.

>Boyd escaping jail
There's your first issue. Boyd is a man of God and accepts it now. He had his millions taken in front of him. He's done with material pursuit. Go watch the ending scene again and tell me he isn't being genuine. Love the idea though. Have him being transported and the bus crashes. Raylan thinks Boyd is making an escape but really its the predator. Boyd lands in a mud puddle and sees it destroy everyone then raylan shows up and the real fun starts

This is the worst movie I have ever seen in my entire life. I am not joking, it is that bad.

>Raylan thinks Boyd is making an escape but really its the predator.

Or he's chained up with a bunch of other convicts and they take him along. Not like he could stop a group of convicts on his own, and it gives the predator more people to hunt.

Leave this place until you've seen at least a hundred movies, kid.