Is this still the best and most accurate live-action Batman film? I think so

Is this still the best and most accurate live-action Batman film? I think so.

Batman Begins is the best Bats adaptation

Dark Knight was better, origin stories are overrated.

Inb4 some butthurt fag against popular movies disagrees

Batman '89 is the most accurate adaptation of the comics. Batman Begins is pretty fucking good, though.

>I'm going to kill you!
>You idiot! You made me! Remember? You dropped me into that vat of chemicals? That wasn't easy to get over, and don't think that I didn't try.
Nicholson's Joker was the best Joker. Ledger is overrated and over-praised because he died while filming. Also, if you watch them back to back, you can tell that Ledger studied and tried to imitate Nicholson at times.

dancing with the devil in the pale moonlight isn't that bad, he will let you lead

>muh hyperrealism
>Nolan's films are so realistic!
>The old Batman films weren't believable!
It's a movie about a man who dresses up as a bat and beats the shit out of a man who dresses like a clown. None of them are realistic.

Yeah the Burton film had stupid scenes like the Batwing flying in front of the moon to form the bat signal for no apparent reason, but Nolan's Batman did the SAME shit.

How did Batman have time to travel across the world after escaping the pit (which he should have died in because the first fall with the rope around his waist would have killed him) and burn the bat signal into a building before stopping the bomb?

Also, WHY did he feel the need to cause thousands of dollars of property damage burning his symbol into a building?

no other Batman film even comes close.

This.

I assume this is b8

no it fucking isn't

>Joker kills batman's parents
>Joker dances to prince
>Batman kills with no remorse
>Batman has a love interest that has impact on the story
>>>>Joker Kills batman's parents

Batman Begins is way closer.

The chemical plant scene is almost identical to the Killing Joke, except he's not wearing the red hood. I know the backstory is slightly different. In the comic, he was doing it to support his family. In the movie, he was fucking his boss's girlfriend.

Either way, he was sent on a suicide mission to a chemical plant and Batman and the police showed up and thwarted it.

>inb4 Joker didn't kill Batman's parents! Joe Chill did!
Minor change in the grand scheme of things. It's still far more accurate than any other Batman film.

Yeah with a bumbling idiot of a comissioner gordon

Batman > Batman Begins > The Dark Knight > The Dark Knight Rises > Batman Returns > Batman Forever > Batman & Robin

I'm not counting the 1966, 1943, or 1949 movies. I'm talking about the "modern" Batman movies.

>minor change

No, the ruins and rapes the entire character of the Joker and Batman.

They are supposed to be clashing ideologies, not people that bumped into each other 20 year ago.

Joker shouldn't have an origin.

Batman 89 is NOT a batman movie, it's a Tim Burton movie with Batman in it.

Not really, but it doesn't matter.

Comics a shit and this movie was in the right to ignore parts

>Joker kills batman's parents
Man, you're really hung up on this small detail. Have you ever considered the theory that Bruce imagines whichever villain he is currently fighting is the one that killed his parents?

see

>batman begins setting is literally Gotham
>the dark knight is set on fucking Chicago

If Gotham was real it would be literally Chicago.

Batman kills with no remorse
Have you read any of the original golden age comics? Batman kills all the fucking time. With guns. He even shoots somebody in their sleep.

>they are supposed to be clashing ideologies
DUDE. ONE BAD DAY.
We get it. You've read The Killing Joke, and watched The Dark Knight.

I feel Barman begins reached the perfect balance between realism and fantasy, tdk shat all over that

Here's more golden age Batman killing. Anybody who complains about him killing in the '89 film needs to read more comics.

Batman Forever tried to be kind of serious. Batman & Robin is intentionally cheesy. I would switch those two.

Also, why is Batman returns so low?

>very little blood
>"accurate"
>"best"

Capeshit, ladies and gentlemen.

Because he's a pleb

There was blood when the bullet ricocheted and hit Joker in the face, and when Batman beat the shit out of him in the church at the end. Also, blood on the operating table after Joker's surgery.

What are you talking about? Batman wears a bullet-proof vest.

>muh Batman doesn't kill

i like batman 89 but it is no way that best or most accurate of the live action batman. that goes to nolan trilogy easily though i think there is room for improvement when it came to bruce wayne.

So you didn't watch Dark Knight, then?

no one gives a shit about golden age batman, batman was a joke of a character after adam west batman until the late 80s with TDKR and TKJ.

I SMELL A LYING, STINKING BAT

Batman Returns is low because its one of the worst Batman movies and everybody somehow fails to see that because the two after it managed to be even worse, making Batman Returns look good in comparison.

>the entire "Penguin running for mayor" plot is laughable
>Selina Kyle being revived by cats with no explanation is ridiculous
>Penguin somehow building a giant robot duck boat thing in the sewers after being abandoned by his parents and never receiving any form of education is ridiculous
>Selina Kyle LITERALLY having nine lives with no explanation is ridiculous
>movie is essentially Nightmare Before Christmas featuring Batman
It's barely even a Batman movie, yet everybody praises it because:
>Catwoman is hot as fuck
>Batman Forever and Batman & Robin were so much worse

>comics matter

Did you just watch a list of the best Batman comics or something? I mean, TDKR and TKJ are good, but they're so fucking overrated.

>comics
>mattering

Batman kills, sure but no one care about comics.

The Batman established in BB might as well be the perfect batman from an ideological perspective.

Following the comics 100% is NOT important at all.

Bane is just a silly cartoon, but TDKR made him a real, menacing villain.

>Implying comics don't matter
>TDKR made him a real, menacing villain
Go read Knightfall. Bane was already a serious villain.

it doesn't matter if they're overrated

they defined the batman these days

before TDKR particularly batman was fast becoming irrelevant before he was completely reinvented. the adam west batman made him a joke. TKJ and TDKR both defined the two main characters.

>comics don't matter when I say so!
>comics matter when I say so!

You call that "blood". Wew lad

>TKJ and TDKR both defined the two main characters for mainstream audiences
Fixed that for you. Batman had already returned to his dark roots in the 70's. What made grimdark Batman cool in the mainstream is when TDKR was praised by the New York Times.

Yeah, I saw Django Unchained and Scarface too. They were both very bloody. We get it.

>heath ledger was good.
Ftfy newfriend

Batman and Batman Returns are easily the best Batman movies, Keaton is the best Batman and Jack was way better than Overdose Ledger. Suck it, Sup Forums faggots.