Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WLKuM1aAfwQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

He already sounds awful

this is an unpopular opinion and you know it

How does one "sing normally"?

he already sings normally

No, its not you tonedeaf retard.

Eh not really, I think a lot of people here would agree. Fuck Tame Impala.

not push it to sound a way it shouldn't normally

nope, he solely sings in a falsetto. see Sun's Coming Up:

youtube.com/watch?v=WLKuM1aAfwQ

>Sup Forums's opinions represent the overwhelming majority
hehe

is this supposed to be in falsetto, because its not

No, I said see Sun's Coming Up because it's like the only song that isn't falsetto.

kevin has horrible vocals lmao
he makes up for it with the sounds he creates

I agree, but it would be even worse if he didn't sing in a falsetto.

Fair enough. But you should know that falsetto is not an 'on' or 'off' thing, its a technique that's applied in amounts.

Maybe it would be better actually

I suppose but it's still not singing "normally" if you know what I mean.

'CAUSE I'M A MAAAAAN WOMAAAAAAAAAAN

>what is Half Full Glass of Wine

I don't see why everyone finds this line so cheesy. I like it. Past Lives is more cringeworthy.

some of the songs on innerspeaker and most on the EP are not falsetto. they sound fine. he also sounds good in falsetto. he's not great live yes but i don't really see what this thread is trying to say

That's essentially a cross between falsetto and practically spoken vocals

Its a common technique in most singers, so I'm not sure what normal is supposed to mean. Do you mean that you prefer when people sing closer to speaking pitches? Its a stylistic choice and I don't think you could convince people that its not good or shouldn't be used, its just not for you.

>some of the songs on innerspeaker and most on the EP are not falsetto. they sound fine.
I disagree

>but i don't really see what this thread is trying to say
refer to the above

No, I really like the falsetto. I never said I didn't. I mean singing what comes naturally. Falsetto is inherently unnatural but it sounds good for Kevin and better than his normal voice.

What comes naturally is relative to the culture you grew up in. Most women and some men (probably british) speak in their falsetto register.

Wait, a falsetto can come naturally? I never heard of that. I can understand someone starting to learn to sing and kind of of gravitating towards a falsetto but not naturally starting with that.

I don't like Volcano Choir

Listen to the original version, not the live version.

The reason for this is that higher pitches require stronger throat muscles, and a lot of people (men especially) require practice as a way of exercising those muscles to be strong enough for falsetto. People who live in a culture that speaks in falsetto range already wouldnt need to practice, or at least not as much, so if you told them to sing a song with pitches in their falsetto range it would be fine and normal for them.

His singing is bad, but worked when it was buried into the mix. Thats why lonerism + innerpspeaker > currents. The super sparsely instrumented parts of currents were fucking painful.