People who hate people that listen to, "mu-core", why do you care?

People who hate people that listen to, "mu-core", why do you care?

you're missing out on a sickeningly huge pile of incredible, incredible music if you're mostly fixated on the Sup Forums essentials chart

if you teach a man to fish...

I don't hate anybody for their taste in music, I just think some Sup Forumstants worry too much about being "patrician" or whatever.

But isn't it plebian to like only mucore?

But that seems like an opinionated statement, isn't what they get out of the music important, and that they are enjoying whatever they're listening to?

See that's the thing. Sup Forumscore has mutated from what used to just be a chart of albums generally acclaimed by Sup Forums into a weird sort of meme genre because epeople don't understand that you're allowed to enjoy music outside of the chart. What was initially patrician became pleb because of fags memeing it and taking it too seriously

I dunno if I'd call Sup Forumscore (or anything really) plebeian, I'd just say it's no good liking music because people tell you to, least of all anonymous strangers.

That's not to say one can't like Sup Forumscore, just that one should like it because the person in question likes the music, not because of imageboard credit.

Why do people care about whatever is patrician/plebian or what not? In my opinion, being a pleb means you get nothing out of music and it's just a form of cheap meaningless stimulation, instead of gaining a perspective, lesson, or emotionally connecting/relating to that music. I respect the people that make an effort to process like a chief keef record, rather than minimally listen to the works or beethoven or something like that.

no, what's important is that you like things that i like, and don't like things i don't like.
otherwise you are a pleb.

I don't hate the music. Most of the albums are quite good. I hate how a lot of people who listen to Sup Forumscore think they have good taste for avoiding the mainstream hive, when in fact they're just substituting one hive for another.

But why do you care what people listen to in the end? I understand that you may not like Sup Forums popular music, but what does it matter?

>both of my favourite albums are on there
Devastating neg

In that case, "pleb" means literally nothing then

I can't claim to know the thoughts of hundreds/thousands of people, but if I had to guess I'd say it's individuals wishing to feel superior to others because they appreciate "high art" and the "plebeian" does not.

I love most Sup Forumscore, but there is so much great stuff that isn't even obscure that gets overlooked here

Which ones?

Opeth is Sup Forumscore?

Then I believe that's a fair case to make, but I feel like you can say that about other people outside of Sup Forums too. But you countlessly see threads that are like, "This is my favourite album" and it's a Sup Forumscore album. Then you see people that are like, "Fucking Sup Forumscore d00d, get some taste pleb."

Nah, it's a joke to poke fun of Opeth fans

It's the same thing really. People see Sup Forumscore and assume the posting individual is a "drone" or a "plebeian" and act according to their perceived superiority.

Pet Sounds and Dark Side of the Moon

this is it. This is literally the whole problem with Sup Forums

fucking this

>Using footage of live sung-tongs era AnCo.

O R I G I N A L

i think it is, I like it