Now that the dust has settled, can we all agree that

Now that the dust has settled, can we all agree that

Season 2 > Season 1 ?

Absolutely not.

S1 > S2

S2 was rushed after the unexpected success of S1. Plus S1 is great due to the cast, nothing more.

Top tier trolling ;-)

Honestly, the only real flaw with S2 was the writing, which was pretty horrendous.

The acting was top-notch, the direction was stylish, the music was good (I actually just bought the soundtrack), and the finale was probably the best single episode of either season. If the Pizzaman had been given more time to put together a coherent plot, it easily could have excelled past the first season.

Also, pretty great memes.

Literally nobody thinks this

RIP in peace true deteteive

I hate this fucking place.

It was so confuseing haha I just like to kick back with a gay ass Rust beer and like listen to his philosophy and feel some lovecraftian cosmic horror, man

>Now that the dusty mesa has settled

>s1
>written over a long period of time
>great director who did every episode
>great cast
>great setting
>s2
>rushed in less than a year
>multiple directors who were kept in the dark on multiple plot elements so they had no idea what they needed to emphasize and what to play down - not to mention everyone had a different sense of pacing
>decent cast, but with all the other elements, couldn't polish a turd
>generic setting
The thing about s2 is that all of the negatives could have been dealt with if they were the only issue, but together it became a total mess.

>now that the rust has settled

>this low energy bait

season 2 fucked up by dropping the spooky cult shit

i wish vinceposting was alive

I don't understand why people HATE S2. In comparison to S1, sure it wasn't as great. But when it's judged as a seperate entity - it's pretty great.

Colin Ferrel, Vince Vaughn - basically everybody gives great performances. The writing might be a little on the nose, maybe trying a bit too hard to match S1, sure. But what it does nail is the Inland Empire atmosphere & tone. It's a modern detective noir and it nails that as well.

It's a fun ride imo. I hesitate to use the term comfy, but the show IS comfortable to watch.

Biggest critique of the show was how convoluted the plot was & I think that just adds to the typical confusion that's known to be in noirs.

Casper knew this

I agree with you on everything you said - except I still think that's worthy of being called subpar, even on it's own merit.

If a Season 3 exist, where would you want it to be set and who will it star

S2 literally killed the series

Really in hindsight it shouldn't have been a series, just a one-season miniseries, and it would have gone down as one of the greatest ever. But now it has S2 hanging around like that last chunk of shit that you can't expel no matter how hard you push.

It's a rushed money grab that tries to copy the success of S1 without realizing it was not the writing that made it great, it was not the director, it was not the aesthetic or the lolsorandom detective story... it was the dynamic between the actors.

Both seasons have great actors, I am in the minority that actually likes and enjoy Colin Farrell as an actor. plus Rachel McAdams is is capable and cute, but the S2 ones just don't have the chemistry as the S1 crew.

S2 would have been great, if we didn't have the god tier performances in S1. McConaughey + Harelson was a GOAT perfromance.

How can I put it in other words.... S1 was a fluke, an unintentional masterpiece that is great, because of the actors playing off each other. Nobody expected it to work out as good as it did.

S2 is a like a 42 yo milf trying to live out her glory days with teen clothing, jewels, miniskirts and tons of makeup not realizing it was neither of those things that made her appealing.

I just read over my defense of S2, & I apologize if it sounds half-baked - I was taking a shit.

Anyways, I rewatched the series a couple of months ago & it was a lot easier to understand having known who the bad guys are, etc. I was able to pay attention to the small lines of dialogue & side characters that ended being crucial to the season's plot. Honestly, if it didn't have the True Detective label on it, it would've been rated an easy 7.5-8/10 I think. It has campy writing, a messy plot, broken protagonists - it's like a grungier Twin Peaks without as much surrealism & set in Southern California. Season 2 is okay in my books.

yes, that IS the patrician's choice desu