Tfw almost died in the ice today

tfw almost died in the ice today

What happened, famalam

Ice too soft

>i will never ride motocross with my best mate on a frozen lake and evade death
EXTREMELY jealous of your life

finglish too big

Damn son, blame global warming. Close calls.

>global warming will kill all finns
good

wtf i hate global warming now

My outside is warming

FUCK YOU

wow, really fucking rude

>going on a frozen lake knowing that you could literally die a horrible and agonizing death

I mean why

Because if the ice is thick enough, there's absolutely no problem. You can literally drive a truck on a lake if the ice is extremely thick.

The only thing I have no idea about, is how does one actually measure ice thickness. Most people seem to simply rely on experience (so they "know" that this lake or that river is okay for ice fishing or snowmobiles because they've done it every single year for their entire life).

>Because if the ice is thick enough
that's a big if.
and my entire point.

don't kow how others do it, but I drill holes in several places and check for:
if there's water between ice layers
if the ice is clear(strong) or white(weak, coz of air bubbles).
I've made ice road to my cabin few times. Need to clear the snow so it doesn't insulate and prevent the freezing. Also drilling a few holes on the sides to relieve pressure so it doesn't crack.

>suzuki

I guess, but like I said there are some places where there isn't any serious risk.

Pic related is a good example: every single winter without exception the ice is thick enough even for pickup trucks carrying heavy load. So if you're just walking, or if you're just snowmobiling, there is practically no risk.

>tfw you realise how exotic that must sound to some mexican or brasilian
you take that shit for granted most of the time tbqh

i usually drop through the ice 2-3 times during ice fishing season,usually late april

i always keep ice spikes handy and wear a survival suit while fishing in said conditions

10 cm of rigid steel ice is plenty for ice fishing,just dont go to places that has lots of currents

what if there's really suspicious looking brown felllow wearing muslim clothing at the lake

>i usually drop through the ice 2-3 times during ice fishing season,usually late april
Maybe I'm just a soft cunt, but that's not normal ladm8. Even if you're experienced, you should still be more careful (especially late april, seeing as ice is much weaker by that point).

he gets stabbed by a puukko-wielding alcoholic

50/50 it either is or it is not.