Would this be a good movie to see tripping on acid...

Would this be a good movie to see tripping on acid? I've never seen it before but from what I've heard about it and the couple things I have seen from it, it seems like it would be great.

It would change your life

My Dad told me him and his buddies used to drop acid and go watch this movie and that the Jupiter scenes were far out.

I would do it, given the chance.

In a good way, or in a mentally scarring way?

Your dad sounds pretty cool.

yeah he's a good guy, he just has a bit of a temper.

Have you done acid before? I probably wouldn't do it as a first timer and then watch 2001 cause you don't know how you'll behave.

pretty much any movie would be awesome on acid

for example, Master of the Flying Guillotine

At least 30 times, I do it constantly. And I've watched some pretty fucked up movies tripping, you just have to look at it like "goddamn that was fucking badass" and not start tripping about it. For example the first time I saw watchmen I was on 3 tabs. I'm just looking for something to watch when I trip tomorrow, and I saw this is on Netflix so I made this thread.
You're correct. Any movie that I've seen on acid I loved, I'm not capable of not liking a movie when I'm tripping. There's only good movies and great movies I was more asking just to see if this would be a great one.

careful not to do acid too frequently, if you do it frequently you're eventually gonna do it on the wrong day where shit's gonna go wrong and you'll have a bad trip lol

unless you're emotionally veeery stable

I've done it that many times but I don't do it constantly, once every two weeks, sometimes I'll do it twice in two weeks but never any more than that. I've just been doing it for a long time.

oh i see, i thought you meant once every other day or so lol

Kek, no I'm not stupid enough to do that, although I will admit I did go on a 3 day trip once but I really don't count it as doing it a couple days in a row because I never came down I just kept taking more.

I've watched 2001 on Mushrooms. It was alright

I also watched Apocalypto on shrooms and it was pretty fucked up but also great

How? I can't pay attention to anything on mushrooms, I've tried before I always end up letting the movie play and fucking with my phone the whole time or just abandoning the movie and walking into another room or outside. Never had that problem on acid though, I try to wait until a night where I'm tripping to watch new shit because it just sucks me right in and I don't take my eyes off the screen except to blink and pack bowls. Unless I know it's gonna be a very fucked up movie, but it has to be some next level fucked up shit, like I said I saw watchmen the first time tripping and it didn't fuck with me even the slightest bit I just thought it was extremely badass.

it's different for everybody, some people get super energetic on acid for instance, but i get super lazy and want to just sit and watch something

I get energetic, but I still like to sit down and watch movies or play through a vidya when I'm on it. I usually just fidget the whole time I'm watching it and then I get to move around and watch my movie. Mushrooms I don't necessarily get energetic or tired, my mind just wanders and I can't pay attention to a movie. I did play through a decent chunk of arkham knight on them one day though.

Way too long imo, no way your focus will last that long if you're anything like me on it. Can manage half an hour episodes of things but not much more than that.

I'd recommend against it it's such an incredibly slow paced film that I don't think it would very good to watch on any drug that's the least bit stimulanty, which acid is. Maybe mushrooms though.

Read through the thread. I sit and watch movies tripping all the time the fact that it's a decent length really doesn't bother me as long as it's cool and not boring. And just how slow paced is it? Because the version of watchmen I watched was the ultimate cut. I sat there for 3 and a half hours watching that, and loved every single second of it, no matter how slow it got.

Favourite Kino, even though I don't understand it.

>TURN UP FO WAT!?

Hard to ask for advice then, you're totally unlike most people I've tripped with, pretty much nobody I know could manage to watch something so lengthy and involved on acid unless it was well into comedown, in which case you lose most of the effect anyway.

I watched Interstellar first time i took acid. It hit me around when they were on other planets and the whole ending sequence made me scared to move. Pretty good choice imo, not sure about Space Odyssey

The movie was only a hit because, in the time it took the acid of the day to "kick in" was from the moment the movie started up to when he goes through the... ending. The 40-minute ending is very colorful.

I wonder.. is modern acid is quicker? I know nothing about the stuff.

Modern acid is the exact same shit they were doing then. LSD is LSD, you're thinking of nBOME which has a high that a novice wouldn't be able to tell the difference from the real thing but it's very weird to someone that's done the real shit before. Very similar high but there are very small differences. And there's the taste, it tastes like a crushed up pill.

I hate watching space stuff while on acid. Always starts to scare me so I put way lighter stuff on. I have tripped countless times and still can't bring myself to do it, wish I could though.

ur gettin trolled my friend

Even something like Star Wars scares you? Kek I think you just don't need to be doing acid then.

How fucking disgusting is the taste of NBOME. Had the worst trip of my life on that shit. I find acid is so clean and just feels amazing, no taste at all to it compared to NBOME.

I've never actually had a genuinely bad trip but one day when I had some nBOME, I threw up like right after it dissolved and I know throwing up make you trip harder but I didn't expect to trip THAT hard and so it almost sent me into one.

I could watch star wars easily, just not that in depth shit involving black holes and giant stars.

Yeah when I had the bad trip on nBOME I was completely out of my mind. Have never tripped so hard ever. I can remember and went for a walk at like 2 am to try and calm down and got lost. When I started to make sense of things and got home I realised I had put on 5 jumpers for some reason.

Oh ok, I guess I kind of understand that. But I would have no problem with that whatsoever I watch way worse than that tripping. Shit even Rick and Morty (which by the way is literally the best tv show to watch tripping) has darker and more dangerous shit in it than black holes.

I enjoyed 2001 on acid, and would have enjoyed it a lot more if I hadn't seen it before. 5th element on acid was a more enjoyable experience