/who/ dr who gen

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yDjmUEplR1I
cultbox.co.uk/news/headlines/doctor-who-season-10-going-back-to-one-parters-mostly
youtube.com/watch?v=Au68u-6Mn7A
circular-time.tumblr.com/post/144810231244/whovian-feminism-reviews-in-the-blood
youtube.com/watch?v=vjmG1_AX0j4
youtube.com/watch?v=cedTxUIXHzE
twitter.com/dcotorwh0/status/736532666087047169
twitter.com/jurkzeuss/status/736533548371435521
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Okay. Bit of news for Class. I won't say how I got this but it's gonna be revealed at Comic Con anyway.

Greg Austin plays Charlie
Fady Elsayed plays Rami nicknamed Ram
Sophie Hopkins plays April
Vivian Oparah plays Tanya
Katherine Kelly plays Miss Quill

Capaldi appears in the first episode and it's not a cameo. He comes back to Coal Hill, looking for Clara, but something has followed him.

Will Murray Gold do Class' music?

I don't care about Class but I really hope they get a new composer for Dr Who soon. It's been 11 years, 4 Drs and 2 showrunners, it's about time they gave someone else a go on the music.

He isn't going anywhere. Maybe just maaaaaybe they'll get a new one with Chibnall but I doubt it.

I sincerely hope they do.

>Strax and a Hath are having drinks together.
>"So taking off that mask would be extremely painful for you, wouldn't it?"
>As it turns out Strax is fluent in bubbly-fishman-gargling.

Bear McCreary?

They'd never hire anyone who isn't English.

I don't know who that is but he has a really cool name. What I'd like is different freelance composers for each story like in the old days. They could have a mix of orchestral and electronic scores depending on what best suits the story.

>He comes back to Coal Hill, looking for Clara
I'd have bought it if he was just looking to see how they're coping without clara

Why not? There are a lot of non English people at the BBC. Mostly Jews desu.

youtube.com/watch?v=yDjmUEplR1I
It seems that Strax has a part-time job as long-range artillery.

There's also a 10 minute version, make of that what you will.

kek. I'd not seen that gif.

So instead of a steampunk as phuck spinoff with the based meme Sontaran and the lesbian lizard lady and her kung fu wife, we instead get Grange Hill meets Hollyoaks with aliums. Thanks BBC.

Speaking of Strax, if you take all the things that have happened with the moon in this show into consideration, he was probably right in deciding to declare war on it.

>a steampunk as phuck spinoff with the based meme Sontaran and the lesbian lizard lady and her kung fu wife
Sounds bad.

>not wanting degrassi: doctor who edition

I'd rather see Fady naked than Strax naked desu.

>Hating on based Strax
...You make me sad.

>damn moon
How right he was.

Sounds better than the alternative.
What's a degrassi?
That's because you are an raging faget though.

There's also the fact Mr Smith tried to use it for a game of interplanetary conkers before his brain was recombobulated.

What's with Victorian values? I'm sick of Victorian shit.

>Sounds better than the alternative.
Does it? We don't really know anything about the characters or stories in Class, it could be anything really. We are very familiar with the paternoster gang and I really don't think a show with them would be very good.

Having said that, I'm not expecting Class to be great or anything.

I don't remember that so it's not canon.
I'm sick of teen soap shit even if it does have aliums.

>I don't remember that so it's not canon.
It happened at the end of the first season of Sarah Jane Adventures, try to keep up.

Oh. I saw a couple of episodes but I never really watched SJA.

cultbox.co.uk/news/headlines/doctor-who-season-10-going-back-to-one-parters-mostly

Has this been discussed yet? Seems a shame to lose the serialized format again.

Befor that we should have gotten to know Vastra's crew as actual characters during their time on Doctor Who.
I mean, what can we actually tell about Jenny? she's a lesbian, she's feisty, she loves her wife.. but all of that is really just surface stuff. I have absolutely no idea why she loves her wife, I don't know what makes her tick, I don't know anything about her as a person. Crimson Horror would have been a great opportunity to explore them a bit but instead we just had the same running gags we already knew from earlier episodes. If that was meant to be a backdoor-pilot it did a shit job.

They're one dimensional cardboard characters but that's Moffat characters for you. I still think they're pretty fun. I could do without the lesbo lizard though. Meme Sontaran and kung fu wife on their own would be better.

No it was shit. Plus most if not all of the two parters were shit stories.

>I won't say how I got this
Didn't Girly Letters leak their names ages ago and get called out for it

I think 4 years for a Doctor is the sweet spot, with a companion that stays for 2 series and two others that stay only for one series or overlap like in the classics.

What do you think?

I don't think that is something we can draw reliable conclusions about, because only Tom Baker has ever had a longer TV run, which was marred by the loss of Hinchcliffe partway through.

Pertwee, Tennant and Smith all qualify for staying three years, with Pertwee only being the real example of 4 full years but that's generally where people think quality starts greatly increasing.

It was her first general and when she heard it was skipped, she was so unhappy. She cried a lot. We all cried a lot. We were very sad. Shada. Shada. Shada.

we can only go by what we want

Pertwee did 5 and it felt slightly longer
T. Bake should've left earlier, 7 is too many
Mc Coy, should've done a 4th series, like planned

Eccles left afte 1, could've did with more but it felt like complete story
Tennant left after 3.5 series, it felt right
Smith left after 3 series, felt he should've did at least one more

I want Capaldi to do at least 5 series, mainly because he's good but also because I don't think they found a direction for him yet.

I almost want capaldi to leave with moff just to prevent the risk of chinballs fucking him up completely

I'm hoping he sticks around so that Chinballs can save him from Moffat's fucking up desu senpai.

capaldi who has literally been the best nuwho has ever been

chinballs isn't the 'talent' Moffat was but I think he could be a better showrunner.

Reminder: Chibnall has never done anything notably good with Doctor Who, ever. Hating Moffat/the Capaldi era is not an excuse to hype up Chibnall.

That's not saying much really. NuWho has been pretty shite.

Autism

what the phuck do you define as 'autism'?

Expressing opinions and ideas that I do not agree with.

Illiteracy

This is literally the gayest fucking show. The fact that this is Tumblr's favourite series says all you need to know about it. Get this shit off my board, and everyone unironically posting here is a massive faggot.

but I want it to be taken away from the tumblr crowd senpai!

>senpai
Identity crumbling

But Horns of Nimon is next.

I got something 4 ya

Everying In One Ready For Fathersday Dudes!

The thing is, it's like my friend Vicky

What the hell is that?

looks like meatloaf

>eccles tears a haemorrhoid.jpg

he wasn't talking about Eccelston.

I chuffed so hard i wet me knickers

>Fathersday
what is this word?

why do Americans eat this dried up shit and mention it in 90% of their films and tv?

Are you black?

"Eee. This giant bloody stool means there is a Slitheen about here somewhere with a sore arse'ole."

No they weren't.

Are you a dickhead?

>Everying In One Ready For Fathersday Dudes!
Autism or illiterate?

Vote.... NOW!

I'll take that as a yes then.

youtube.com/watch?v=Au68u-6Mn7A

>mfw the Shada video and the Doctor Who Night continuity announcements were adventures of a slightly younger Curator
>mfw the Doctor eventually becomes metafictionally aware

I remember this spicy Father's Day memeloaf, anyone got the pasta that goes along with it?

I must have missed this meme. Is there an entry in the Wiki for it?

>Tumblr user Whovian Feminism made a review of the book in which Ten and Donna fight internet trolls
circular-time.tumblr.com/post/144810231244/whovian-feminism-reviews-in-the-blood
How long can /who/ last ?

What's with the 'hide behind the couch' meme that britons keep pushing? Doctor who isn't scary

It is when you're seven.

>And it should be required reading for everybody on the internet.

lost

I distinctly remember being seven and not scared of doctor who

You must be well hard then innit.

Hi Mel(user)/snide user

>They renamed basic species empathy as ‘political correctness gone mad’, and the world’s never been the same since.
This makes The Zygon Inversion look like the epitome of subtlety by comparison.
And the review isn't a review at all, it's just an excuse for the blogger to lay it even thicker about muh harassment.

>They renamed basic species empathy as ‘political correctness gone mad’, and the world’s never been the same since.

Is that a quote from the review or the book?

I can confirm this to be true, when the doctor turned into a gasmask zombie I went and hid in my bedroom, similar thing happened when that woman got her cyber-ear-dohickey yanked out and it pulled out her inner ear and the nerve connected to her brain with it.

dem legs doh

It's a line from the book, quoted in the review.

It's also a pretty awkward, poorly-written line.

>that woman got her cyber-ear-dohickey yanked out and it pulled out her inner ear and the nerve connected to her brain with it.
That literally never happened.

haha youre fair a cool guy man. better then this. But stop that the john cougar mellencoolguy.

>That literally never happened.
Army Of Ghosts.
youtube.com/watch?v=vjmG1_AX0j4

Not in the video.

And I realized that AFTER I posted it, I am a numbat.
youtube.com/watch?v=cedTxUIXHzE
Jump to 42:52.

Buuuut youuuu kiillllled theeeem

Oh yeah I forgot that scene. Wasn't it just some sort of parasite that linked her brain to the ear piece rather than a nerve? Seems too big (for you, I know, the meme is tired please don't).

Yeah, Jackie is about as useful to the doctor as a chainsaw is to someone performing keyhole surgery (unless you need a BIG keyhole, then a chainsaw is quite useful)

>not liking series 9

twitter.com/dcotorwh0/status/736532666087047169

Who could write th-
>it's Tennant fanwhore
Of course.

twitter.com/jurkzeuss/status/736533548371435521

Oh Jesus Christ.

Thought the Capaldi stalker meme had died.

>Wasn't it just some sort of parasite that linked her brain to the ear piece rather than a nerve?
I'm not really sure, the Cybers from that dimension use human brain tissue as firmware, but I'm not sure how that would translate to the earpieces.

You posted this picture yesterday and I saved it. I had never seen a similar stalking Capaldi before.

All this does is remind me that there is no season this year.

oh shit
it's the same person
what do