Reminder that Scotland saved France's ass during the 100 years war and the French would be speaking a slightly...

Reminder that Scotland saved France's ass during the 100 years war and the French would be speaking a slightly different version of French right now if it weren't for us.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Verneuil
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Logie_Baird
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>ass
scots are embarrassing

Auldest ally.

The Scottish army in France was wiped out in the 100 years war

>mfw the french ran away while the scottish got cut down by the english

m-muh auld alliance

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Verneuil

Trying to sound american desu

Is it true that Scotland was never conquered, and the first king of the united monarchy was a scot?

I'm sure Ireland was an easy conquest for the Anglo-Normans, because it's all lowlands and bogs; but isn't Wales also full of mountains? If the Scots had the "high ground" as an advantage, why wasn't Wales able to repel the English as well?

Scotland was conquered by Cromwell

wtf i hate france now

1707 best year my life

David I of Scotland was raised in England so when he went back to Scotland he invited loads of Normans over and built a shiteload of castles. Wales was just stuck sitting on hills with longbows.
But that's wrong.

When your live in a irrelevant country you just have to say "HURR DURR WE WON AGAINST YOU 500 YEARS AGO"

>scotland
>irrelevant

delet this, we invented antibiotics and tv, you would be dead without us

don't worry they got their revenge in Dunkerque

And speaking a slightly different version of French

Really?
>On 22 April 1940 the 51st (Highland) Division was detached from the rest of the BEF to come under command of the French Third Army. The division was stationed in front of the Ouvrage Hackenberg fortress of the Maginot Line and had thus escaped being encircled with the rest of the BEF during the Battle of France where it was forced to retreat to Dunkirk, where it was evacuated.
> It was then pulled back to a new line roughly along the River Somme, where it was attached to the French Tenth Army. For some time, it was forced to hold a line four times longer than that which would normally be expected of a division.
>The 51st was attacked very heavily over 5–6 June with the major attack initially falling on the 7th Battalion, Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders before the other battalions of the 154th Brigade were enveloped. The Argylls' losses were heavy, the worst day for casualties in their history.
>Being overwhelmed, 154th Brigade was forced to retire to the west. During this period, the 154th Brigade was detached to form "Arkforce" and was able to escape the German drive into central France and Normandy. However, the 152nd and 153rd Brigades were trapped, with the French 9th Corps under Lieutenant General Marcel Ihler, at Saint-Valery-en-Caux, and surrendered on 12 June
>More than 10,000 members of the 51st (Highland) Division were taken prisoner at St Valery.

Television was invented in Germany, dumbass

It's not a real conquest unless you conquer Inverness.

Yeah well it's not like we ever gave a shit is it

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Logie_Baird

>Scots are sent to help the frogs
>Frogs run away
>Scots get rekt
Sensing a pattern here.

We Castillians unironically won the 100 years war sunking the English fleet which destroyed their trade with Flanders and cut reinforcements and supplies in great numbers.You are welcome frogs

>the French would be speaking a slightly different version of French right now if it weren't for us.

toplel

>bongs are sent to help the frogs
>bongs run away
>frogs get rekt

Isn't it funny

Britain saved over 200,000 French soldiers, no bully

Then they all sailed home and surrendered.

>>bongs run away
Only because your """army""" was flopping over like a spent cock all around us.

I apologize.

As if you cunts were any better.