BIOPIC WHEN?

Who should be cast in the inevitable biopic?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/EWkxyDeP5Xs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Emily Blunt

asr

Time for a steak of mourning

Climbing Everest is so stupid. Even if you do everything perfectly there's still a high chance you'll die just from random circumstances, and if you pull it off nobody really cares since hundreds of people do it every year so it's not even a big deal any more.

>ywn be a 25-year-old sherpa guiding vegans to their death

>An Australian
what the fuck is up with Australians?

There was an Australian girl months ago stating how non vegans shouldn't have a right to live if they eat animals...

WHAAAT

lol

I never understand why Italians serve full on buffets at funerals.

Not the right occasion to be pigging out.

>go on airplane
>i am now higher than mt everest
>didnt die

carnivores can really do anything

that's the most /r9k/ keyboard warrior post i've ever read

sure hundreds of people do it, that doesn't make an individual's accomplishment any less of an accomplishment

god damn you're a moron

>white people
Existential crisis might as well mean privileged people problems.

Not to mention how stupid it is to serve shit you need to cut, when everyone's walking around with a plate in their hand.

Grief-stricken idiots.

So if you pull it off... You DON'T die?

What's the point, though? It's almost as dumb as being a refugee and taking your children onto an already packed lifeboat, only to die before reaching the promised land of Europe.

What is the point of risking your life like this? Such blatant disregard for your own life is shameful.

To know that you're truly alive, peon.

Yeah, she totally died because she is a vegan! Its not like a lot of people die in the fucking everest

>vegans can do anything!

Even become food for the birds.

Seriously, all she proved was that vegans are indeed stupid.

if you don't see the point of summiting the planet's tallest mountain with your own hands and feet, then you really need to get outside. you don't need to be a retarded vegan to understand what it takes to accomplish something like this.

and the fact that you compared it with being a refugee shows how idiotic it would be to continue talking to you

So did she fail because she was a vegan or because she was a woman? Or is the combination of both a guaranteed death sentence?

To be quite fair she did just prove vegans can also die on Mount Everest

Look user, I know you don't have any steaks in this, but try and meat me halfway, I mean, you're not chicken are you?

what the shit, will this happen if i fly in a plane

K2>everest.
Everest is just for smallpenispeople like that vegan who tried to climb it but died.

I really doubt these people actually are enjoying themselves and having a blast when they're freezing their nuts off at -20c and barely able to stay conscious with the lack of oxygen, walking past rows of corpses.

People only do this to brag, but the fact is nobody cares and if they do care they're just thinking "wow what a dumbass why would anybody do something so stupid"

>sure hundreds of people do it, that doesn't make an individual's accomplishment any less of an accomplishment

Absolutely no one cares but the one doing it.
Is that worth risking your life for?

>To know that you're truly alive, peon.

If your way of "feeling alive" is by doing something that risks removing said life you're a massive idiot.
The way to truly feel alive is to experience the joys of life. Not playing russian roulette in a backdoor alley.

The fact I compared scenario A in which a human does something with an incredibly high chance of dying with scenario B in which a human does something with an incredibly high chance of dying means that I compare two scenarios where NOT doing either of the things in the scenarios would be a better (i.e. less chance of dying) option.

Why needlessly risk your life just to 'accomplish' something? There are plenty of more pragmatic things you can accomplish by not risking your life for no reason.

yeah this isn't comparable to refugees because a refugee is risking their life to accomplish something and improve their life.

An everest climber is just risking their life so that they can have a horrible unpleasant experience and brag about it and for no other reason

I mean. He has a point.

Obviously the personal satisfaction is a big part of it but it just doesn't have that "flair" to it. It's like one step above someone who finished in the top 10 of a marathon. Just not that exciting.

Like if I meet someone in a bar that has climbed Mt.Everest I wont really take that encounter with me, I won't phone up my friends and say "hey dude, I just mean someone who climbed Everest". It's incredible amount of effort and risk for a thing that is on the whole, not very marketable.

>t. beta millenial who's never accomplished anything of worth in his life

>because a refugee is risking their life to accomplish something and improve their life

>life is bad here, better drown me and my children in the mediterranean sea

>The way to truly feel alive is to experience the joys of life.

And one of those joys is knowing that you've made the biggest mountain on the planet your bitch by reaching the top and having a shit.

how exactly is paying some Sherpas to lead you up a path to play cold russian roulette "anything of worth"?

Oh come on! Thousands of people have done it, thereby proving it to not be that special. It's like winning an oscar on winning an olympic gold medal...
You have to at least do it twice, set a fastest climb record or something similar to make it "special".
I bet 5-10% of all people could climb everest if they wanted to, but i guess they aren't that stupid to risk their life and time on something that reallly isn't special.

For instance I consider what the original baneposter-spammer did to be a true achievement, 200 years from people will marvle at his/her determinationand persistant posting and think it's true original art.

taking on outdoor physical challenges like climbing mountains or completing thru hikes or even running a marathon isn't solely about enjoying yourself. of course they're not enjoying themselves in the moment, it's fucking taxing on themselves, physically and mentally. getting through that despite all the challenges is what makes it worth it. how does this have to be explained to you?

of course people like to talk about it afterwards, it's a huge chapter in their life they devoted to training and completing it. doing something like that is life changing. it just sounds like bragging to you because you've obviously never stepped outside.

>2016
>dying on Everest while having access to modern technology like heated clothing

The world does not revolve around you

>thinks only Italians have a funeral cuisine
>never had fried chicken at a funeral

youtu.be/EWkxyDeP5Xs

>I have to seriously and recklessly endanger my own life in order to enjoy life

>thread full of youtube-era kids who can't see the reason to do anything except as a way to show off and brag to other people

Y'all are somehow worse than Ayn Rand.

Imagine what they could have done if they spend all that effort doing something useful instead.

More you are the fucking retard.

>sure hundreds of people do it, that doesn't make an individual's accomplishment any less of an accomplishment
It does, though. Accomplishments is all about doing what others can't. That's what competition is all about.

>be parent
>your child wants to climb mount everest when they grow up

Do you support your child or do you try to explain that going outside is too dangerous to be worth anything?

>Thousands of people have done it
>in a world of billions
>and a fuckton of them died
>somehow not special

Just because more than one person has done something that doesn't mean it's pointless to do it yourself.

You're clearly the moron. You could tell me right now that you climbed and beat mount everest and i really wouldn't care. For the two reasons of one, hundreds of people do it every year, and two, it's just a stupid and pointless thing to even do.

Literally nobody cares about it except the people who want to do it. Most people do it because they just want to see if they can for themselves, not to prove it to other people. You always get some idiots who think it's proving a point like this chick, and hey look now she's dead and nobody outside of her family and friends will care in a couple of days.

people have been asking "why the fuck would you climb Everest" ever since it became a meme back in the 1960s

>BECUS IT'S THERE :^)

>Ayn Rand
>bad

Fuck off with your bluepilled reddit shilling faggot

What else is there?

Why literally throw your life away for no reason what so ever apart from climbing a big mountain?

She could have accomplished so many more things more way more effectively. Imagine how much more she could have done for vegans if she spend even half that effort giving talks and stuff like instead of dying on a mountain.

But it is extremely painful

definitely a combination. many women have scaled Everest but it was the combination of being the weaker sex and eating hay that did her in.

>I really doubt these people actually are enjoying themselves and having a blast when they're freezing their nuts off at -20c and barely able to stay conscious with the lack of oxygen, walking past rows of corpses.

Well done, you've realised you have to go through shit to accomplish anything in your life

In terms of it being achievement, logic should tell you it becomes a lesser one the more who achieves it, right?

Climbing mount everest is kind of like sitting in a room with no oxygen for ~3 minutes, barely surviving and then reminiscing about your amazing 'accomplishment' for the rest of your life.

I'd try to steer them in a different direction while applauding their effort.

AHHHHAHAHHAHAAHHAH OH WOW.
OH FUCKING WOW. I CANNOT ACTUALLY BELIUEVE I SEE THIS WITH MY VERY OWN EYES;

>mt Everest is great, but how about CAVE EXPLORER, son?

there are always people who are gonna do this shit to try to prove a point, but that's not what the vast majority of outdoor enthusiasts do it for. it changes who you are as a person when you go through something as arduous as this. if i climbed everest and told you and you didn't give a fuck, guess what? i don't give a fuck either! i would have done it for me, not to impress some random person who i have yet to meet. i wouldn't be training for months on end thinking "wow i can't wait to impress the next guy i meet on the street by telling him i climbed everest!" of course i would still share the story if someone asked about it, but if they don't care then fuck it, why the hell would i

I don't know. Feels like when one person have done climbed it 21 fucking times in only 5 years it's starts to lose it's glamour a bit.

its not about being pragmatic at all, its about being happy. Most people risk their lives in some way to do what makes them happy, hell like a million and a half people die in car accidents a year but its an acceptable risk because it contributes to our overall happiness.

Taking a pragmatic approach to everything in life is a terrible life in my opinion but I also do get that some people do. Both are okay.

Just let people be people

neither, actually getting as far as she did is very impressive

she died due to an underlying genetic issue, which is why climbing mountains is dumb, a percentage of people will just die at that altitude irrespective of their physical condition

Isn't there also the guy with no arms and legs that climbed Everest?

>accomplish anything

why do people keep saying things like that in this thread? Climbing everest isn't really an accomplishment. It's a completely meaningless and hollow waste of time that happens to be extremely dangerous.

>normal people die on Everest
>...

>vegan woman dies on Everest
>HAHAHA VEGANS BTFO SLUTS BTFO GO BACK TO THE KITCHEN MAKE ME A STEAK

personal achievement is not the same as global competition. have you never done something you're proud of that someone else has also done? how do you go about doing anything in your life, cause most people have probably done it better than you anyway

That's not really what's happening ITT, though. Mostly it's people talking about how much they dislike the idea of climbing Mount Everest as an accomplishment.

>vegan woman who CLIMBED IT TO SHOW THAT VEGAN WOMAN CAN CLIMB IT died

Forgetting a fairly important part there champ.

one time I managed to walk all the way back against the opposite wall of the bathroom while taking a piss without missing a drop

felt pretty accomplished to be honest

>And one of those joys is knowing that you've made the biggest mountain on the planet

How does that make you happy?
Risking your life for something utterly pointless no one gives a shit about?

Every single person that died doing it, do you think they thought "Yeah, this was worth dying over" during their last moments? I bet they were overjoyed.

She didn't reach the peak

>Well done, you've realised you have to go through shit to accomplish anything in your life

Except climbing this mountain accomplishes nothing.

it's 8 am so im just going to keep this short and say you're a fag

It's more a difference between the effort and risk involved. No "feeling proud" moment is worth all that time, money and risk and anyone who thinks about doing it need to reevaluate and improve their life instead of go climb a mountain, because that emptiness won't be filled for long.

HAHAHAHA

Carried.

Top kek. American """""women"""""

I'd rather die trying to climb everest than die from a heartattack on the shitter or in a car accident.

>she died
>her husband lost his wife and is a mess
>other people with them also died
>she didn't even prove what she set out to do, but actually the opposite

Totally worth it.
These idiots never learn.

>I'd rather die trying to climb everest than die from a heartattack on the shitter or in a car accident.

I'd rather do something productive with my life and make others happy over dying, achieving nothing and making friends and family sad.

These are the kind of idiots that think "This won't happen to me".

>her body is now a marker for other climbers
>she'll now be known as "Vegan" just like that one guy is known as "Green Boots"

>people think becoming a frozen skeletal is worth the risk of climbing a mountain

>one last fap before i freeze to death

Most people don't climb Everest to prove their lifestyle is superior.

I'll do anything to become a frozen skeletal, mate. No risk is high enough.

Idiots. Everest has become such a fucking tourist destination that they never take it seriously, so many people die in stupid as shit ways.

People kill each other over oxygen tanks, and other people just walk around them.

what if there is a serial killer on everest