Meme swimming events

Why is this allowed? 16 events for fucking swimming?

>lets invent slower swimming techniques to swim slower

How the fuck is this allowed?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olympias_(trireme)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The USA will stop bribing the officials if they can't win as many medals.

chill youve been doing these all night
lets fuck instead

What?

Some of us have to work you know, can't shitpost all night.

They're all different muscle groups. Most ppl train their entire lives to race in one event.

Phelps is the exception.

This.

If you had ever one competitive swimming you'd know that the Butterfly uses drastically different muscles than Breaststroke.

I've been training all my life in the hopes that they add the 100m Crabwalk to the athletics slate.

So other countries have a chance to win in an event in the case that there's a really good swimmer in one event

Unfortunately, they can't even do that lol

>why is swimming so popular on a planet made up of a majority water

Adurrr

its not though, its just one big olympic meme with way too many medals. Outside of olympics nobody gives a fuck about swimming.

Why doesn't the rest of the world just be grateful that they have more opportunities to possibly win a medal instead of crying every time they get BTFO?

Don't worry, Denmark is good at Olympics sailing which has a bunch of events

I'm literally world class in the bear crawl. Used to BTFO of my teammates in football. Up a hill, 100 yard dash of the shit, it didn't matter. I'm like the Michael Phelps of running like a retarded cheetah. I'd totally support this sort of wacky shit in track. Crab walk, bear crawl, running backwards, etc.

I do have to say that the breaststroke is clearly the crab walk of the group. What a retarded swimming motion that would literally result in death if you were trying to get away from a shark of stay alive during a shipwreck or whatever. I'd rather see them bring back the underwater swim or add something like see who can jump the farthest into the water and catch a frisbee in their mouth.

>implying anyone can beat your overpowered swimming team

Probably state sponsored doping desu, I imagine you guys are a bit better at hiding it/keeping it silent than those crude russians are.

I have literally fuckall knowledge about swimming as a sport: the post

>tfw landlocked country

Nah, we just use ancient chinese secret of using a Hoover vacuum to leave giant hickeys all over our athletes bodies. Not cheating, toothpaste.

Our government doesn't even give Olympians money to train like most countries do let alone sponsor elaborate illegal doping desu senpai

of course m8, and they also dont make it headline news saying USA is the greatest thing ever to have graced this universe because of some gold medals. Its a big deal for the USA for national pride purposes, and you can be damn sure that they will do everything in their power to make sure their guys win. For the USA everything in their power means a lot.

Everyone is probably doping in some form, the big succesful nations will be doing it better than the shittier nations.

Who knows, watching paint dry is more entertaining than watching some faggot flap his arms around in the water pretending to be some paraplegic duck instead of using a fucking boat like a normal human being. These entire stupid games are over bloated with redundant events and it's retarded at this point.

hello
my name is jabir mustafi
i am putting together special team
crab cock team
you seem to have skill required to compete at elite crab cock level
i am interested for you play on algerian crab cock team in 2022 qatar olympic event
email me pictures of naked body in advance
thanking

>you will never be as delusional as a non-American who is mad that the US wins

You guys have an excuse for everything. It's pretty impressive actually. Maybe you could win a medal in that?

Because Rio spent 6 million dollars for an Olympic pool, and they want to get some use out of it before falls into disrepair in five years.

> landlocked
Nigga, this is 2016. We pools now.

>tfw longest warm shoreline per capita in the world

I was literally about to make this thread. And it's fucking 17 events to be precise, not 16. 34 if you count both men and women.

They should get rid of all the events that aren't freestyle. It makes no sense to compete in inferior and ineffecient styles. It would be like track and field adding sideways and backwards running.

The current state of olympic swimming is fucking bullshit and it skews the big medal picture.

ITT: niggers who have never swam before

This
We need more sailing instead
I want to see large caravels sailing and triremes rowing contests

>implying there aren't multiple skiing events

Rio couldn't even clean their river enough so that there weren't couches in the water for the rowing event, do you really think they would be competent enough to host sailing?

>Those names
Gets me everytime

>triremes rowing contests

Finally a watersport where blacks can feel at home.

but skiing is actually good

You could say that almost anything is an inefficient version of something else. There's fucking walking competitions for fucks sake

Then why don't you just focus more on swimming? It's like complaining about something being overpowered in a video game: Use it, faggot.

so all the roiders can get their medals.

We already got one
This things are insanely fast and agile, it would make a great sport
Add a designated shittalker on top of the mast to hurl insults to other teams and it will great
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olympias_(trireme)

I agree walking competition is stupid but beyond that particular even I don't think you have a point. At least not in track and field. How the fuck are "almost any" track and field event an "inefficient version of something else"???

In addition to swimming, Denmark qualifed Olympians for Gold medals in
>12 different cycling events
>7 different sailing events
>8 different track and field events
>6 different rowing events
>5 different badminton events
>4 different canoeing events
>5 equestrian events
>2 golfing events
>4 shooting events
>soccer
>handball
>table tennis
>tennis
>triathlon
>Wrestling

beyond that particular event*

Different swimming styles work different muscles. They're different events. Why throw a shot put, discus, or javelin? Why do different versions of the same thing?

This is your argument

Define efficiency m8
If we are talking energy consumption per mile then breaststroke and walking are far more efficient than freestyle and running
So it should be short fast races for time efficient styles and long races for energy efficient styles
>400 metres breaststroke
Why?

>How the fuck are "almost any" track and field event an "inefficient version of something else"???
Efficient in different ways
There is no "The Efficiency"

Time efficiency

Your competing to see who can travel in a slower way just like with different swimming styles

Breaststroke, butterfly and backstroke is equivalent to crabwalk. It serves no logical purpose.

Throwing a piece of metal into an empty field serves no logical purpose, yet we still do it to test athletic ability

Back in the day it served a logical purpose in warfare.

Butterfly has never served a logical purpose in any situation in the history of mankind.

We might as well have one legged cycling, or arm cycling then.

>Throwing a piece of metal into an empty field serves no logical purpose
The metal piece was meant to end up on someones head in the battlefield
It is an ancient sport meant to test and develop that skill, so it served a logical purpose and it outlived that purpose (like rugby for example)
Got to agree with the Dane, different swimming styles are a great excercise but so are push ups and we dont see push up contests

We have weight lifting contests though which is like a push-up contest

actually throwing stuff one-handed is a thing that defines humans

Are you retarded or something?

If your argument is that an event should exist because they use different muscles we should add "Bunny Jump Running 500m" as an event and "Backwards Running 1000m", afterall you are using different muscles.

Only Americans can use these dumb as arguments.

And don't give me that Phelps crap, only reason he is so dominating in all the events is that nobody gives a shit about swimming, the pool of athletes is so small it allows for dominance by a single athlete that is obviously insane at swimming. Same with your other meme swimmer Mark Spitz.

There isn't a person alive that even knows any other swimmers exist other than these two, yet the Olympics somehow decided these swimming memes should have 17 fucking events to see who can splash in the most retarded ways.

>be stranded in life raft with little chance of being rescued
>hope is wearing out
>pack of dolphins comes up to you
>figure that the dolphins will lead you to safety, so you dive into the water

>your buddy besides you starts swimming breaststroke
>dolphins grow suspicious
>they start to poke at him with their beaks
>drag him to an underwater rape cave, he is never seen again

>you do butterfly
>dolphins are tricked by your undulating movement
>they recognize you as one of them and adorn you
>participate in dolphin hunts, eating fresh fish
> eventually rise to become the alpha dolphin, breed half-man half-dolphin offspring
> hyper-intelligent man-dolphin army becomes race-conscious, works to dislodge underwater frozen methane chunks
> resulting global warming turns earth into a waterworld, drowning all humans
> dolphinmen take over earth; you are immortalized in dolphinman culture as a Moses figure

Of course, you wouldn't see it this way.

>17 fucking events to see who can splash in the most retarded ways.
Confirmed for never learning how to swiim.

This desu

At least the techniques have variety. All the massive amount of running events do is change the distance and throw some construction barricades in the way.

We have hurdles you fucking idiot. Also walking. In different distances

It's the same idea

>being this mad over fucking swimming

Just give up.

Disciplines where you compete in getting from A to B fastest only make sense if you're not restricted by stupid conventions (such as: "you can only move your body in this retarded manner" (butterfly, backstrone, breaststroke)).

Just fucking stop, if Phelps didn't exist you would be right here with us ridiculing the swimming events.

Your arguments of techniques don't make any sense, in running (which is far more popular, but still doesn't attract the best athletes) you could make as many events as in swimming with your retarded argument of 'muh different muscle groups' but they don't since everyone realizes how stupid it would be.

If backstroke exists, so should backwards running, end of story.

>giving up when you get BTFO

Kill yourself idiot. It's literally moving from point a to point b in different methods testing different muscles, like you were saying

That's a retarded argument.

I don't care about a million judged events like dressage or synchronized swimming but I don't get as butthurt as you that they exist.

Backstroke actually has practical application unlike running backwards

How do you feel about the Triple jump and Long jump in track and field?

>walking

yes, and we all agree it's stupid and should be removed

>hurdles

Not the same thing. If they had to jump without there being any actual hurdles, then that would have been the same thing. But there ARE hurdles so they need to jump to get over them. It's a legitimate event.

No, the slower ones were "invented" first, shit freestyle was originally literally "swim what you're fastest stroke is" until some fuck found out about front crawl from some native fuck or some shit

Is Chad dead yet?

Doesn't matter if it's dumb, the international community thinks it should be that way and many athletes get medals from it, and it won't change anytime soon. Just watch different events if it doesn't interest you. Even standard swimming races aren't that interesting to watch. Faggots.

>Open the door of your house
>Step in
>Your wife yells
>"NOT THERE I JUST MOPPED"
>''THERE TOO''
>''THERE TOO''
>And thus the triple jump was born through real life situations

So if we somehow restricted the swimmers from swimming a certain way with physical objects it would become okay?

How do you feel about the long jump where they don't have to jump over an object?

>literally moving the hurdles to try and make your argument legitimate

>It's literally moving from point a to point b in different methods testing different muscles

And what purpose does that serve you fucking idiot? A race is about getting there first, not about what fucking muscles you activate.

Fucking hell.

He's saying it's stupid that we do it in swimming and that it isn't done anywhere else, but it is.

>what is the point of testing athleticism in a variety of ways in an athletic competition

Are you guys actually this stupid or are you fucking with me?

Valid events, they are not arbitrary restrictions for the sake of limiting your power.

And what about activating your almonds?

there's way to many but no way they are going to change it

No1 even cares about the Olympics in the USA, yet USA still dominates.

Your inability to accurately distinguish between and understand the difference between different concepts and ideas is very concerning. You should probably get your head tested, mate.

There's no obstacles blocking their way though. Why are they arbitrarily being made to jump instead of running as far as they can? Much more efficient that way

Just admit that you don't like that the US gets so many swimming medals and you can't come up with a solid argument that holds up of why different strokes shouldn't have competitions

What? Surely both goals are to leap the furthest, why have two separate events for the same thing, when you might leap further using one style?

Different techniques then? Same logic could be applied to the swimming styles.

>Winning the Gold medal in 100m skipping

We need to do do a Monty Python Ministry of Silly Swims sketch.

Swimming is one of the best things to watch at the Olympics you absolute pleb faggot.

They are competing in who can jump the furthest and who can jump the furthest in a series of jumps.

By the same argument you use for swimming, triple jump could have multiple events like "Triple Bunny Jump", they are using different muscle groups right so they totally should add it?

No, because nobody gives a shit about what technique you use to do it, the goal is to jump the furthest in a series of jumps.

It's literally jumping in different styles and testing different muscle groups

Because they aren't the same thing, one is a series of jumps and the other is a single jump.
It's not a question of technique, they are different disciplines by definition.

Swimming 100M backstoke and butterfly is the same discipline, you are just using a limiting technique for the sake of adding events to the same discipline.

Yeah it is, so let's have fucking 4 different versions of it then
>Triple jump no run-up
>Triple jump 20m run up
>Triple jump no landing pit
>Triple jump - on grass.

This is exactly what we are talking about here.

Jumping is jumping

Jumping more doesn't make it not jumping

>hurr there are 18 gymnastics events. Why do we need to watch someone do a backflip on the balance beam AND the floor exercise?

>hurr there are 24 track and field events. Why do we need to watch a 100m race when there's a 200m race? Why 400m, 800m, and 1500m? Isnt that medal-padding?

Face it, the only reason you fags give a shit about swimming is because the USA assrapes the world at it, and youre butthurt about that. Get over it.

>you are just using a limiting technique

Like a hurdle?

Seriously just stop, you have no fucking clue what youre talking about and everyone knows you wouldnt even be posting if the US didnt win so many swim medals.

in the fucking winter "Olympics"

You're a fucking retarded nigger and there's no reason arguing with you.

Americans need more total medals for their meme rankings and American sponsors will pull out if it isn't satisfied. The Olympics is basically psyops to keep the Americans dumb and patriotic

He's right though

this

>The Olympics is basically psyops to keep the Americans dumb and patriotic

Sports in general are used to divide and pacify the masses, and you're partly right. Doesn't change the fact that testing different muscle groups makes sense in an athletic competition

Considering you're tied with Chinese Taipei in the medal count i think it's reasonable to believe youre butthurt as well.

Literally this. People act like the 82 olympics "free mcdonalds for every medal" was some sort of massive failure on McDonald's behalf for how much free food they gave away. However it was actually a massive success: it lead to insane consumption of their drugged food and associated it with feelgood American jingoism in the minds of Americans, ergo Mcdonalds=America=good.

We don't have a "Jumping Champion" or "Swimming Champion", stop with these retarded arguments, the discussion is about the events in swimming with arbitrary restrictions on power for literally no reason at all.

I don't think hurdle is particularly interesting, but while it's a better comparison than whatever the fuck you have been doing until now in this thread, it's more of a combination run, you aren't limiting how you run you are incorporating jumping into it. This isn't directly comparable to limiting your power in a swimming event.

And obviously I have A LOT more knowledge on this than you, your argument is basically "you are jealous" while mine are based in logic.