Is RYM right? Is Ok Computer the best record of all time?

Is RYM right? Is Ok Computer the best record of all time?

No. The best record of all time is ITAOTS

>Ok Computer the best record of all time?
>as considered by a very small demographic of people who use the site RYM

tbqhwyispnati

[to be quite honest with you it is probably not all that inaccurate]

>35k ratings worldwide
that's a pretty decent sample size

well, it might as well be

there's never been a good record yet in history

what's your favorite one

How did you find the time to listen to every album ever recorded?

I just choose to believe there aren't people who believe this, but then I remember there actually are people who unironically believe Radiohead are good.
also

>He believes there is an album post 1975 that can be remotely discussed or seen as one of the greatest albums

oh, great, it's another Reddit Rockist Comes to Sup Forums episode

>It's reddit to be a contrarian

What site do you think your on user. How is Radiohead not the most /reddit/ band in existence. Lmfao at plebs like you

How can an album be the best of all time when time is still going?

probably kevin gates

i was basically raised by Attila the Hun

>hip hop
kill yourself

Damn...

That's not pet sounds

>he thinks kevin gates is hip hop

you probably don't even know the kevin gates i'm talking about. i'm talking about my younger brother, who used the name first

>that's a pretty decent sample size
Lmao what?

That's the size of my town

It definitely has mass appeal in a way that some other cult classic don't. However, I think sites like RYM have a really heavy indie sort of bias, I still think the best record ever objectively is pet sounds of revolver or the queen is dead.

do you even statistics?

Is Acclaimedmusic right? Is Pet Sounds the best record of all time?

Yes.

this.

Pet Sounds is the greatest album of all time

link me to your brother's music then

>objectively

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA FUCK user

i miss how dumb Sup Forums is

It's bland enough to be accepted by everyone. I bet Dark Side Of The Moon is in the top 10, too.

Yeah, do you? 35,000 people? That isn't shit.

Step out of the echo chamber.

Cringe list. Looks like a twelve year old made it

he's never recorded anything i don't think. idk he started smoking meth when he was like 13 but some of the shit he used to make when he was 8 was fire, probably the closest i've come to actually enjoying music, been downhill ever since

Pet sounds is just on a different level. The little nuances you hear in the background just feel... heavy, really heavy.

Utterly disgusting user.

Get patrician opinions.

pet sounds or TVU&N

Statistics would tell you that 2% of a total population is a reasonable sample size. 35k isn't even 2 percent of my country, and I'm in small-ass Canada.

this is going to be good

please explain objectivity

35k = 7bil

Really gets the neurones pumping

There's a correct way to play the guitar.

Boom, music is objective

OK Computer was not intended as a punk album, but it became the best punk album of the 1990s. It was the biggest middle finger to musical convention in every way. It's the sound of an audio rebellion, a christening of the million million indie bands it inspired. It dared to say that everything was wonderful, but not everything was O.K., and that our lives were slipping out of our hands even as we had more control over them. It's a parallax simulacrum of modern life oxymoronic.

35k is decent sample size for a 90% confidence level against the earth population
if we did it by demographics I bet the results would be even more relevant to US/Europe
you guys don't know shit

I don't even think its the best radiohead album. It's p.good, but I don't think it sniffs top 10

where is this copypasta from?

the internet

DUDE MODERN LIFE IS KILLING ME LMAO

Wouldn't that include time that is still going though? So it will infinitely be the best

i just wrote it

Im sure most people on RYM don't even think it's the best album of all time, but it makes sense that it's the number one spot. It has the perfect combination of being a really good album, being popular enough to get a lot of ratings, and being recent enough to still be relatable/relevant.
But it is targeting the right demographic. We could ask every person in the world what the best record of all time is and would get a lousy answer because most people don't like music enough to even listen to full albums. RYM is a much better sample because it targets people who care enough about music to join a website solely to rate albums, so you get a more educated answer. This is also due to the RYM system of weighing people who have more ratings more heavily than people who have few ratings.

>I attended one statistics lecture
It might be an ok sample size if it was polled from the entire album-listening population of the earth, but RYM membership is heavily skewed towards English-speaking, rock-listening millennials who follow independent music publications. So it's already useless for determining the best anything of all time

It's safe to assume that if we took a poll of Sup Forums, OK Computer would win. Or itaots