St Vincent to release new, politically inspired album in spring 2017

>Allow us to end the pit of turmoil known as 2016 with some good news: St Vincent has a new album ready!
>In an interview with Guitar World, the artist known as Annie Clark said her fifth album would be due for release in the spring. She noted that recent global political events had inspired it.
>“I think it’ll be the deepest, boldest work I’ve ever done,” she told the magazine. “I feel the playing field is really open for creative people to do whatever you want, and that risk will be rewarded – especially now that we have such high stakes from a political and geopolitical standpoint.”
>The album will be the follow-up to 2014’s St Vincent, which won the Guardian’s album of the year poll. The news marks the end of a creative year for Clark, in which she contributed towards David Lynch’s first festival of disruption and spruced up the theme to The Golden Girls.

theguardian.com/music/2016/dec/21/st-vincent-new-album-spring-2017

what aesthetic do y'all think Annie will go for in her next album?

I hope she goes for "cool grandma/mom"

Other urls found in this thread:

30days30songs.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

St. Vincent x Chance The Rapper collab when?

I think if anything she'd collab with Kendrick.

Hurray

>politically inspired
In the trash it goes
It's going to be nothing but liberal whining like most modern politically charged music is. I'm tired of hearing corny ass music about Donald Trump

she'd be so late to the party too, which would make it look even more pathetic

What other music have you heard that's about Trump? I haven't heard any.

And I doubt her album is going to be overtly political. S/T was partially about how technology runs people's lives these days and while it was noticeable I don't think it was really in your face. I especially don't think that she'll call Trump out by name. Not to mention the album was being written since October 2015 so while she could change the lyrics at points like someone pointed out earlier, the album was pretty far along by the time of the election, or even the weeks leading up to it.

Like I don't mind a political message when it's well executed but I'll be damned if this past year wasn't FILLED with politically charged trash

There was an entire campaign devoted to making 40 songs about Donald Trump featuring artists like clipping.

RTJ3 has some track on it that talks about the devil wearing "a bad toupee and a spray tan" among others. There's lots of it out there desu

Oh wait, I do remember a RTJ track with the lyric "faster than Trump fucks his youngest".

30days30songs.com/

>Trump's youngest is his son, Barron
What did the black man mean by this?

Would be kinda dope if it was all about states' rights and the preservation of free and open markets. Can't wait to hear a jaunty tune about corporate tax reform.

The thing that turned Barron autistic was being filled with Trump's semen obviously.

I heard it's going to be about Libertarian economics and the NAP

No, you're going to get your "Fuck Trump and fuck white people" album and you're going to like it.

Wouldn't this be the first indie pop album against Trump?

>fuck white people
>being this assblasted over literally nothing

I heard it's just 80 minutes of explaining how businesses paying to build roads is a practical idea.

>I hope she goes for "cool grandma/mom"

I hope she adopts a matriarch aesthetic and wears fascist-like clothing to represent female superiority

>St. Vincent x Chance The Rapper collab when?

There's literally no reason for this to happen. What about an Angel Olsen x St. Vincent collab instead?

>Yeah I was at one, it was fucking nuts.
First she gets up on stage and reads a passage from some feminist book. She then calls for all straight white males to get to the back walls. I am a straight white male, but I didn't move. A few guys move to the back and some dominatrix like girls come out and press them to the wall. A few other dominatrices came in to the audience searching for others. One asked me and I said I was gay. She bent me over, ripped my pants off, and pegged me. Luckily I have a lot of practice with shoving things up my ass, so I didn't cry. She believed me and let me go. With all the straight white males gathered against the back wall, St. Vincent started playing a simple chord progression while screaming, 'Fuck straight white males! Kill them all!' The dominatrices take out guns that look like dildos and start executing them. People in the audience are cheering as this is happening. The last guy left is crying, so he is taken on stage and crucified while St. Vincent starts performing. He made it through 4 songs before he presumably died or passed out.

>Other than that, it was a pretty great concert.

it just seems kind of retarded to make a protest album about a representative democracy working as intended...that's not even getting into the fact of how many non-american artists do it...

Thisss. Though the popularity gap between them might prevent that from happening at least in the short term.

There's not really any reason for that to happen either.

This is the full quote that everyone is referring to

>“I think it’ll be the deepest, boldest work I’ve ever done. I feel the playing field is really open for creative people to do whatever you want, and that risk will be rewarded—especially now that we have such high stakes from a political and geo-political standpoint. The personal is political and therefore the political can’t help but influence the art. And only music that has something pretty real to say is gonna cut the mustard.”

I don't think this necessarily implies her new album is going to have an overt political message. At least one as explicit as "fuck Trump" or anything like that. Maybe I'm just being hopeful it doesn't though.

I doubt she's criticizing the actual election process, though.

At least Angel's music is closer to Annie's, unlike Chance the Rapper's.

me on the right

>waahhh why are people exprssing their views

>he won fair and square so no one's allowed to complain about him

People who are upset about the election are more upset that half of their countrymen are fucked enough in the head to WANT to elect a washed-up VH1 celebrity who wants to fuck his own daughter, than the guy himself being president.

it's even better knowing that trump didn't even win the popular vote

why can't she ever smile like a decent normal human being?

Sorry that it hurts feelings I didn't feeling dying in a nuclear war with Russia.

Do artists that try to talk about politics imagine they sound less retarded than politicians trying to talk about art?

Clinton's votes were too concentrated, in most parts of the country most voters picked Trump.

NYC, LA, and the Bay Area all suck IMO, so I'm glad the electoral college keeps them from deciding presidential elections.

This desu.i have a feeling this next album will be her worst yet and not just because it's gonna be political

god she's ugly

>Angel Olsen x St Vincent collab

Hopefully a tour together where Annie feels up Angel on stage.

she has about 2 million over him, 1.8 million of which come solely from california lol...

wow rude

Is Annie a womanlet? I don't like listening to short people's music.

What happens when you subtract all the illegal immigrants, dead people, convicted felons, and people voting multiple times?

well, she did lose 20 votes when they did the recounts in states trump won...

she's 5'7 so yes

How is a 5'7'' woman a womanlet?

the optimal height for a woman (not a girl) is 5'9

two inches deviation from that you're a femlette or a fucking lanklette

>politically inspiring
T R A SH
R
A
S
H

Poor Annie, then, forever an inferior womanlet although at least she won't reproduce.

YOU CAN'T HAVE FREEDOM WITHOUT ECONOMIC FREEDOM

Best pasta

>tfw 5'11" lanklette

More kek pasta?
Also fuck entertainers who spam the world with their SJW bullshit

True!

>tfw into tall women, preferably taller than me
>tfw i'm 6'2''

protesting against the president is a boring way to get swallowed into the mainstream.

so many entertainers lost their respect and credibility shilling for a war mongering cunt during the general election.

do they think they're still apart of the counter-culture?

they will be rejected as being overbearing.

believe me, the '80s are returning with a vengeance.

the more frivolous and harmless your song - the cooler you'll be.

I hope she chokes on pussy

ayy

her neck looks invitingly thin and frail

>ywn choke on her tasty pussy

>be most of Sup Forums
>has opinions about politics
>hears an artist has opinions about politics that will probably differ from mine
>i now hate one of the most objectively talented artists of this generation for this sole reason, but if you question me on this, I will say it's because all of a sudden i think that "she's really just not that good"

Her Let England Shake is coming. I can feel it.

childish is Sup Forums

W2c her shades?

>he unironically likes st memecent